The Night Cream

This was requested on tumblr.

Enjoy!

You and Ruben had been dating for a few months, and you had grown quite attached to your nightly routine of applying coconut night cream before bed. However, Ruben had recently started using your night cream without your permission, and you were not happy about it. Not at all actually.

One night, as you were getting ready for bed, you noticed that your night cream was missing from its usual place on your dresser. You asked Ruben about it, and he nonchalantly replied that he had been using it because he liked the way it made his skin feel.

You were taken aback and felt a surge of anger. "Why would you just take my night cream without asking me?"

Ruben shrugged and said, "I thought it was yours and I could just use it."

You shook your head. "This is my special night cream, my sister sent me this as a birthday gift. I want you to stop using it Ruben," you said firmly.

He looked at you with a mischievous grin. "Oh come on, it's just a little night cream. Can't we share?" he teased.

Your anger grew. "No, we can't share. This is my thing, and I want you to respect that," you said, voice rising.

Ruben chuckled and said, "You're so cute when you get all worked up like this."

Your face boiled with frustration. You realized that you were starting to speak in your native language, a habit you had when upset or excited. You quickly switched back to English, but the damage was already done. Ruben found it adorable and amusing, resulting in him taking you even less seriously.

The argument continued, with you insisting that Ruben stop using yoir night cream and Ruben playfully trying to persuade you to let him continue using it. The more you argued, the more you found yourself slipping into your native language.

You realized that you had lost the argument and reluctantly agreed to let Ruben continue using your night cream. The two of you hugged and kissed, with you still feeling a bit miffed but ultimately happy that they you made up.

As you settled into bed, Ruben whispered in your ear, "I love you, even if you do speak funny when you're mad."

You smiled and whispered back, "I love you too, even if you steal my night cream."

Your laughter and kisses filled the night air as you drifted off to sleep, with the scent of coconut and love surrounding you.