Ruben Dias x Reader - The Fight

Summary - Reader and Ruben have a fight before a party

Enjoy!

"There's no surprise who you're bringing to the party. It's obviously Ruben. I on the other hand am planning on finding my own hubby at the function."

"Is that so?" You laughed. You had been on the phone with your friend Cherry ever since the two of you left work. Now you were at home, getting ready to take a shower and prepare yourself for the party tonight.

"Don't mock me for being excited to attend this V.I.P. party." Cherry chuckled. "Ruben probably brings you to one of these events every weekend."

"You'd be surprised." You said. "Ruben is a pretty quiet guy. He doesn't party like that, or at all for that matter."

"Well he will tonight. What are you wearing?"

"Oh I don't know? I have this cocktail dress that I haven't worn yet. But I warn you it's pretty skimpy."

"Great! I'll wear a skimpy cocktail dress to match you. Which time are you and Ruben arriving?"

"I dunno at ten maybe? Ruben won't be home until eight."

"Alright, I'll see you later then. "

"See you later Cherry."

You got off the phone and jumped right into the shower. There was no need to worry about dinner because there was plenty of leftovers in the fridge. Out of the shower you took your time doing your make up, pampering yourself with all the beauty products that you barley used. Despite liking the quiet lifestyle that you and Ruben had you remember that you hadn't always been like that. Enjoying a night out again would be fun, especially since it was your boss birthday, the chief editor of the magazine you worked at. And she had a habit going all out for parties. It would be fun.

"I'm home!"

"Ruben?"

You heard him calling from the living room. You had just tried out your dress and heels for the night and felt compelled to step out into living room in them. To Rubens surprise of course.

"Wow." He said, eyes darting widely at you. "You look..."

"You like it? It's not too skimpy?"

He shook his head. "Skimpy? Nah. I like skimpy."

"Ruben." You laughed. He dropped everything to get to you, basically ambushing your neck and shoulders with kisses.

"And you smell good too." He groaned. "Why the warm welcome?"

"What do you mean why?"

Ruben stopped kissing you and held you out in front of him. "Did we say we were going to dress up tonight?"

"Ruben I'm not playing dress up. This is my outfit for the party tonight. "

His eyebrows furrowed. "What party?"

You gasped. "My bosses birthday party? Did you forget that it's tonight?"

Ruben looked to come to the realization. "Oh that party." He let go of you and went back to pick up his gym bag from the floor. "Yes that party. I ironed a nice shirt to wear but you should probably wait to put it on until after dinner."

Ruben had you trailing his steps into your bedroom, in a way ignoring what you just said.

"Ruben?"

"Yes baby?" He pocked his head out from the closet where he stood.

"Did you hear what I just said?" You frowned. He was leaving you hanging for some reason.

"Yes and about that party." Ruben stuffed his things in the closet before closing it and turning back to you. "I don't think I wanna go to that."