Dark Rivalry Part 12

Reader is Trent Alexander Arnold's twin sister. The two have been inseparable since childbirth, more so now when Reader is fresh out of university looking for a job, crashing at her brother's place whilst doing so. One day Reader gets a job offer that she cannot refuse, however it would mean working for her brother's biggest rival in football, Ruben Dias.

Enjoy!

It was bizarre.

You watched Trent shoot up from grandma's couch and lunge for Ruben's head, your parents desperately but hopelessly trying to contain him. Ruben who stood by you, made sure to push you back with his arm, forcing you to take cover behind him. He did not look to want to hurt Trent, especially not on home turf, however he wasn't gonna let you become collateral damage again.

"You fucking.....!"

"Trent, no!"

He had crossed the room in mighty speed, his fist clenched, knuckles white. Ruben closed his eyes and, to your surprise, looked to accept what was to come.

Just then grandma stood....

"Everybody quiet!!!"

Everyone froze.

Even Trent lost some momentum that allowed your parents to catch up and retain him. "Let me go." He grunted, gritting his teeth. Ruben still pressed a hand to your stomach to keep you behind him.

"I said quiet." Grandma hushed. "This is the best part."

"What is it Grandma?" Your mother asked, her arms around Trent, helping your dad hold him back.

"They're about to vote on the best cake." She said, most delighted.

Your parents looked at each other and then to you.

"Go on then, settle down." Grandma sat back on her sofa. "You don't want to miss this."

In a moment of unity everyone in your family seemed to want to respect her wishes. Or more so, everyone knew not to get in the way of Grandma and her favorite TV show.

"Look at that velvet cake, it's ridiculous." She scuffed.

You stood beside Ruben now. His arm had withered unconsciously with the turn of events.

"It's okay." You said, intertwining your hands. "She's not crazy." You wanted to add, but settled on leading Ruben towards the couch. Your parents did the same with Trent, but made sure to set him down at the far end. As far away from Ruben as they could.

And just like that, in a bizarre moment of unity you and Ruben ended up enjoying an evening with your family, watching The Great British Bake Off. Trent sat crossed armed throughout the show, mumbling witch curses to himself. Perhaps casting a spell at Ruben. It didn't help that Whiskey Jr jumped onto the couch and strutted across everyone's legs, passing them by until he found himself settling down in Ruben's lap.

Read full chapter on my Patreon. (Link Below)

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/melanieph321