The Bodyguard Part 2

Summary - Reader is a popstars in trouble and Ruben is her new bodyguard, here to protect and help her find out who wants to hurt her. But what happens when the relationship between Reader and Ruben simply gets too personal?

Enjoy!

Although in doubt at first, you eventually got used to having a bodyguard, someone following you around wherever you went. For the most part Ruben kept his distance, a silent flash in the corner of your eye. He didn't speak if not spoken to and he drove in a separate car than you and Taylor just to have a better eye on what was happening in the street. It all seemed like standard protocol for a bodyguard. However, you quickly found out what mite distinguish Ruben from others in his field.

One sunny afternoon, you found yourself longing for a fun-filled shopping spree with your close friends. Follwing a long week of rehearsal and studio sessions, not to mention the many interviews. You yearned for a taste of normalcy, away from the glaring spotlight and hordes of people wanting things from you. Determined to make your dream a reality, you shared your plans with your management team, a.k.a. your sister, oblivious to the storm it would soon unleash.

"What do you mean you need a break?"

"It's just one day off."

"A day off? Y/N do you know how much preparations we still have ahead of the drop of your new album, ahead of the tickets release of your world tour?"

"I do and that's why I need one day to reset. I just want to go downtown with Elvis and Keke. They say there's a huge sale on Birkin bags."

"God, why did you give me this job of taking care of someone who never listens?"

"Because he knows I need you." You smiled.

She sighed. "You've got two hours."

"Four."

"Three and you're taking Ruben with you."

"No way!"

"Yes way, especially if you're going out with those crazy friends of yours."

Ruben hadn't expected you to leave the apartment today and he definitely didn't expected you to barge into his room without knocking first.

"Oh, sorry." You said, lowering your gaze at the sight of a shirtless Ruben.

"Do you mind?"

"I'm sorry I..."

Ruben was just another shirtless man, nothing to be flushed about. However you had never seen that much outline of muscle on a human being before.

"I'm just letting you know that I'm going out." You said, speaking to him but looking at your feet.

"Alright, just give me a minute and I'll be right there."

"Right."

You slowly raised your head, a slight ache in your chest.

Ruben turned to look at you, furrowed brows. "Was that all?"

"Whatta hell is that?"

Ruben was wearing a type of undergarment. A piece of fabric that surley resembled a..."

"It's a bullet proof west."

"What for?" You frowned.

"Taking bullets."

He grabbed his t-shirt from the bed, buttoning it over his vest. It was barley visible underneath.

"I know your not wearing that for my sake." You scolded. "Don't expect anybody to shoot me up, especially not Mr Dickonataor 3000."