The Bodyguard Part 4

Summary - Reader is a popstars in trouble and Ruben is her new bodyguard, here to protect and help her find out who wants to hurt her. But what happens when the relationship between Reader and Ruben simply gets too personal?

Enjoy!

What if it's just Elvis messing with you?" Your sister said.

The follwing days were spent trying to figure out what this wanna be terrorists wanted from you.

"I don't think so. I've never told anyone about Dickonataor 3000. Everybody just assumes a crazy fan sent me that bloody knife."

"Oh, well. I've told Tanya not to give into the threats. Imagine what this maniac would do with ten million euros."

"But the pictures." You said, feeling slightly guilty for putting Tanya in this position, she left your apartment swearing that if the Images ever got leaked, you'd be the one to pay for it.

"She'll get over it. You have more important things to think about."

"Like what?" You frowned.

"Like your gala performance tonight."

"Right." You had forgot about the invite you received to preform at at this big charity event.

"Do I really have to go to that?"

"Of course you do. Y/N, you have nothing to worry about, not with Ruben as your bodyguard."

Your sister was right about that. You had become dependent on Ruben and the shadow he casted behind you. He followed you where ever you went, not allowing anyone to come within arms reach, not even your fans.

"I don't need you to come dress shopping with me." You told him. It's where you drew the line. Suraya Bebu was one of your favorite designers and a very private woman. Ruben's presence could intimidate her and the last thing you needed was to not have a dress for your performance tonight. But of course, as stubborn as he was, Ruben came with you anyway.

"Y/N, darling!" The elegant lady greeted, as you stepped into her boutique, followed by Ruben.

"Madame Bebu! So nice to see you again."

The woman had gone for a hug and kiss with her greeting but paused at the sight of the tall man blocking the sun.

"Well, well, well. Who is this, your date for the evening?"

You frowned, "Who, Ruben?"

"Is that what his name is?" Madame Bebu let her glasses rest at the top of her nose, getting a better look at him.

"Oh, no." You protested. "This is just my bodyguard, Ruben. He will be with me tonight, but not as my date."

"Hmmm." Madame Bebu muttered, her eyes darting at the stern looking man who had taken his place by the door, guarding it. "I'll see what I can do." She said. "Follow me!"

"Oh, no Madame, I'm here for my fitting. Ruben doesn't need to try on anything."

"Nonsens! You said that he's not your date but he will be seen along side you tonight, no?"

"Yes, so?"

"So." She snorted. "If you're wearing Madame Bebu, he's wearing Madame Bebu. I will not have another designers name match my dress, especially not some two pieced, what is he wearing, Armani?"

"Ruben." You anxiously waved him over.

He was quickly at your service "Yes?"

You reached up to whisper in his ear, causing his eyes to bat in suprise. "Y/N, I'm sorry but..."

"Please Ruben, she won't let me try on a dress unless you try on a suit."

"Y/N, I'm not here to..."

"I know, I know, it's below your paygrade, but what else is new?"

Ruben's expression softened, seeing the desperation in your eyes. "Fine." He sighed and stripped himself of his jacket.

"Oh my." Madame Bebu gasped.

Ruben wore a white t-shirt underneath his jacket, tight enough to show off the swell of his biceps and the traces of his abs.

"I'll go get my measuring tools." She winked, leaving you and Ruben to wander her boutique.

It was a luxurious boutique, filled with racks of delicate fabrics and dazzling designs. You browsed through the gowns, trying to find the perfect one, while Ruben wandered over to the selection of suits.

As you slipped into the first dress, you couldn't help but notice Ruben in the mirror nearby, struggling with the buttons of a suit jacket. You burst into laughter, seeing his usually composed demeanor fall away as he fumbled with the garment.

"Ruben, you're supposed to make it look easy," you teased, amusement dancing in your eyes.

He smirked and turned towards you. "Well, Y/N, maybe you should try helping me instead of standing there and laughing."

You rushed to assist him, your hands brushing against each other as you worked on the buttons of the suit.

"Like this?" He asked, follwing your lead with he buttons.

"She is a special designer, madame Bebu. All of her designs are so unique."

"No shit." Ruben gushed.

You giggled, raising your hands to adjust his collar. The untamed hair on the back of his neck tickled your fingertips. "You should get a hair cut."

"You should let me do my job. So I guess neither of us is getting what we want."

You smiled, but it quickly faded. Ruben noticed this and helped you fold the last corner of his collar. "Are you nervous about your performance tonight?"

You shook your head. "More excited. The song I'm performing is one I wrote for my mother. It's sad that she can't be here and see me perfom it live."

"Does she live far away?" Ruben asked. He seemed a bit more relaxed now. You liked this side of him the most.

"She lives in Brussels where I'm from."

"You're from Belgium?"

"Didn't my accent give me away?"

He smiled "No."

"Tell me where you're from. Where abouts in Portugal?"

Ruben's eyes search your face, perhaps conflicted about how much of his private life that he should share with you.

"I'm from...."

"Sorry I'm late, my plane was..."

"Tyson?"

You and Ruben had been standing close. That distance decreased when a man, dressed in white sneakers and a leather jacket, stepped into the boutique.

"Y/N?" He frowned, his eyes shifting between you and Ruben, Ruben who was shielding your body a bit with his own.

"It's okay." You said. "I know him."

Ruben let you through. He let you approach the man, who held out his arms for you to fall into his embrace.

"Suprise!" He said.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? I came to support my girlfriend of course, support her on the success of her new album."

You wiggled out of his embrace, turning to look at Ruben. "This is Tyson, Tyson is my...my...."

Soft lips braced your neck, Tysons lips.

"...boyfriend."