A House Is Not A Home Part 8

Ruben's wife dies during childbirth along with their son. Ruben hasn't been in a relationship since. Y/N is a single mother to a four year old boy. She buys a house in the small town that Ruben lives in. The house needs alot of fixing which Ruben helps with, resulting in him slowly falling in love with Y/N. However, falling in love with Y/N makes Ruben feel like he is betraying his dead wife.

Enjoy!

Perhaps that's how things were suppose to be, you and Johnny against the world. No one would fight for you unless you did so yourself. Not Johnny's father, not Ruben, not anyone. You were all alone and that's how things were suppose to be.

You sat under the big oak tree in your backyard, watching Johnny as he climbed higher and higher up the trunk. It had only been the two of you for the past few weeks. Though, Katarina and David never failed to invite you over to their house, but you didn't want to put them in a position where they had to choose between you and their only daughter. Not that they would find the choice any difficult.

"Mommy, mommy, look at me!" Johnny shouted somwhere above your head.

"Be careful sweetie. Not so high." You mumbled, too deep in your thoughts to pay any attention to him.

Ruben and Emily were probably somwhere in Portugal right now, bonding over knocking down the walls to their new found house. A friend of Ruben's told you the news, someone from David's bar. Ruben and Emily had finally found a house and were now busy renovating the property surrounding it. It was hard to admit that you were more sad than you were angry. It was hard to admit how much it hurt to miss him. Everything reminded you of your time together. Like that truck spotted in the distance, looking like it was coming your way.

"Mommy, mommy look how high...."

Suddenly, you heard a loud thud and saw Johnny tumbling through the air, landing with a sickening crunch on the ground below. You rushed to his side, heart racing with fear. Johnny was crying and holding his arm, which was twisted at an odd angle. "Oh my god, baby?"

Read the full chapter on my Patreon by klicking the link below!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ruben-dias-x-is-98086714