Ruben Dias x Reader - Care For You

Summary - Ruben takes care of sick Reader

Enjoy!

You woke up to your body being sore and a pounding in your head. A loud pounding, that made you cover your ears with pillows.

"You okay?"

Somthing stirred beside you, Ruben, turning around to face you.

"No." You groaned.

"Let me see."

You felt his hands search for you under the bed covers, they found your head but quickly withdrew.

"Shit, you're burning up."

"Yeah, I don't feel so good." You grunted.

Ruben peeled the covers from your body but you only crumbled with the cold sensation.

"Y/N, perhaps you should go see a doctor?"

"Yeah, I should probably go home." You said but did not move a muscle. You simply didn't have the strength to.

Ruben sat up in bed. "Don't worry I'll call for my doctor to come here." He got up and pulled the curtains.

"No Ruben please." You put up a hand in front of your face. "I don't want you to see me like this." The two of you had only gon out for two months and this had been your first time spending the night together. You did not feel comfortable showing Ruben all of you just yet.

"Y/N" He said, standing by the foot of the bed. "You probably have a fever. I'm not letting you leave without having somone check on you first."

"Fine." You sighed.

That morning was a blurr to you. As Ruben left for training he had a doctor come over and do a quick check up on you.

"As I suspected it seems like you have a slight case of the flu."

"The flu?" You frowned. "Is it contagious?" You thought of Ruben.

"It can be" The doctor said. "But considering you don't have an aggressive cough I would just recommend that you stay at home for a couple of days."

Just one problem, you thought. This was not your home but Rubens and you couldn't risk giving him the flu as well.

Once the doctor left you gathered all the strange you had to get out of bed. The last thing you remember was that you were gathering your things and got dressed. Things went dark after that.

"Y/N, are you okay? Y/N, can you hear me?"

"Ruben?" You struggle to open your eyes, but realized that you were lying on the floor. It was cold.

"Come here."

You felt a pair of strong arms cradled your body and soon you were lifted off the ground. Ruben chest was warm against the side of your face, his heartbeat calm and comforting.

"Please don't try to move." You heard Ruben say. He had carried you back to his bed, tucking you in between the sheets. He left you alone for a moment only to return minutes later with a tray of food.

"I think you should try to eat something." He caused a dip in the bed as he took a seat beside you, setting down the tray of food.

"Ruben." You sighed. "You shouldn't have to take care of me like this."

"Why not?" He frowned.

"Because..." You said, finding the strength to sit up in bed. "...We've barley gone out for two months, it's not like I'm your girlfriend. Besides, you could get sick as well."

Ruben shook his head and chuckled. "Fine." He said.

"Fine?" You frowned, confused to why Ruben stared at you with a slight grin on his face.

"Fine." He nodded. "You're are my girlfriend, can I take care of you now?"

"Ruben." You blushed.

"What?"

You admired the way his smile carved his jaw as he looked to the tray set front of you. He gathered food onto a spoon ready to feed it to you. You chuckled as he raised the spoon towards your lips.

"Just because I'm sick doesn't mean I'm suddenly a baby you know." You partened your lips, allowing him to feed you. A mixture of delicious spices invaded your mouth. Ruben smiled seeing you enjoy his cooking.

"Why are you so stubborn on letting people take care of you?" He asked.

"Because..." You shrugged, but let Ruben shove another spoonful into your mouth. "I know I can do it myself."

"Just because you can doesn't mean you have to."

"Why Ruben?" You chuckled. "Do you have a sudden urge to take care of me or something?"

He shrugged his shoulders, to your surprise.

"Oh."

He looked to you with eyes so sincere.

"Ruben I...I really don't know what to say.

"Maybe we can take care of each other?" He said. "Since your my girlfriend and all that." There was a dent in his cheek when he smiled. You bowed your face to hide yours.

"I'd like that." You nodded.

"Really?"

"Of course. Ruben I would love to be your girlfriend. "

He set down the spoon and pulled you closer by grabbing your chin.

You sighed against his lips "Ruben I'm sick."

"I don't care." He muttered.