Friends With Benefits Part 6

Summary - A six part series. Reader and Ruben have been in a friends with benefits situation for over three years now, with Reader eventually looking for something more serious. But what does Ruben want?

Enjoy!

You stood outside the hospital room, mentally preparing yourself. You arrived about two hours after the game. The lady at the front desk told you that Ruben had suffured a severe concussion. Since you weren't his immediate family you weren't allowed to visit him until the doctors declared Ruben's condition to be stable. That happned around midnight, way past visiting hours, which led you to spend the night in a hospital waiting room. You hadn't expected to find yourself in a situation like this, the sound of beeping machines and hushed conversations filled the corridor, exacerbating your nerves. Taking a deep breath, it was finally time, you pushed open the door and slid into the hospital room lit by the morning sun. There, lying in the hospital bed, was Ruben, his face pale and bruised.

His eyes fluttered open as you approached, a weak smile tugging his lips. "Y/N" he whispered, his voice barely audible.

"Hey, Ruben," You replied softly, trying to hide the fact that you were trembling all over. Your heart ached at the sight of him lying there, vulnerable and injured. "It's... good to see you."

Read the full chapter on my Patreon by klicking the link below!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ruben-dias-x-6-98082974