Ruben Dias x Reader - The Handyman

Summary - Readers apartment needs fixing and Ruben "The Handyman " comes to her rescue.

Enjoy!

It took you three days to put up the shower curtains in your bathroom. You guessed that putting up a small bookshelves should take you twice the amount of time. What did you know about putting up shelvs anyway?

The town that you lived in had a small hardware shop across from the café where you worked. You had never been in there before so showing up at 6 o'clock on a Tuesday night was a bit inconvinient.

"Hey."

A bell rang as you pushed the door open. The guy who stood behind the front counter was too busy tinkering away with scrap metal to catch your eye, so you shrugged your shoulders and continued down one of the aisles.

Tools and bolts hung on every wall. You bet your ex boyfriend knew all of terms for them as he usually was hostile enough to brag about what a handyman he was. Perhaps he was the reason why you were so stubborn about getting this bookshelf up as soon possible. You subconsciously wanted to show your ex that you were handy too.

"What do I need, what do I need?" You mumbled, having already collected a few things in your shopping basket. Mostly nuts and tape rolls. You had a screwdriver at home, so no need for a new one. A first aid kit would be a good investment, you thought. After all, this would be your first time putting up a shelf on your own.

"Do you need help?"

A giant shadow was casted around you as you stood facing a wall of hammers. Turning around you found yourself face to face with the guy from behind the counter. He had dark eyes that looked at you attentive and a scruffy beard that covered most of his face. His hair was more fluffy than scruffy and the same color as his eyes, dark, but not black.

"Um...no. Thank you. I was just..." You pointed to the basket in your arm. "...I was just collecting a few things."

His gaze shifted between your face to the basket in your arm. It took him long enough to give you any sign of a smile, you thought.

"I'll be up front if you need me." He said, pointing over his shoulder.

"Right, thanks."

He was strange, but undeniably handsome. He smelled good too, like mens aftershave with a dash of cinnamon.

You continued wandering up and down the aisle, not really sure what you were looking for. What did one need to put a piece of wood to a wall?

"Are you sure that you don't need my help with anything?"

It was they guy from the front desk again, casting a giant shadow as he stood hovering over you. He looked agitated that you were still in his shop, unsure of what to purchase.

"I'm sorry." You chuckled. "I'm putting up a bookshelf and I have a hard time deciding..."

"A bookshelf?" He said, peering into your shopping basket with a skeptical look on his face.

"Yes, a bookshelf." You frowned.

He shook his head. "Why the tape rolls?"

"Oh, that..." You looked into your basket, unsure why you suddenly felt embarrassed. "Everyone needs tape right?" You shrugged.

"Not to put up a bookshelf." He snorted.

You looked to the named tag pinned to his flanel jacket, Ruben, it said.

"Well, what do you know?" You hissed.

He raised a brow. "Well I know that my shop closes at seven. You've got five minutes to find whatever you're looking for and get out of here."