Ruben Dias x Reader - Let Me Help

Summary: reader is washing the dishes and doesn't want Ruben's help.

Enjoy!

"Sorry." Ruben said, planting a kiss on your shoulder before adding another plate to the dishes.

"I was almost done." You sighed.

Ruben came up behind you, handing out another kiss, this time beanth your earlobe. "I'm so sorry baby."

He sounded tired. Training had been running late. You had already eaten when Ruben came home. He enjoyed his dinner watching you do the dishes.

"It's okay." You said, turning your head to meet his lips. You savored the kiss until both of you had to catch your breaths.

"I'll help you dry." He said, grabbing a cloth.

"No it's okay baby. You've had a long day. Why won't you go to the living room and rest. I'll be right there with you."

"No, it's fine. I want to help."

"But Ruben you must be exhausted."

"I am, but I want to help."

You laughed at the way he refused to give you back the cloth. "Ruben I'm telling you, I'm almost done."

"Y/N, I'm telling you, I want to help."

You ended up having a tug of war in the middle of the kitchen, over a damn table cloth. It could be seen through the windows. The neighbors across the street must think you two were crazy.

"Ruben...let go!"

"I will. If you let me help you with the dishes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Ugh...fine! You can help."

You let go of the cloth.

He grinned. "I love you."

"Oh, shut up."

You returned to the pool of water in the sink.

"No, I really mean it."

Ruben's strong arms wrapped around your stomach.

"Training has got me gone all day, I barley get to see you and when I do I'm already exhausted, ready to go to bed."

"So you wanting to dishes with me....?"

Ruben bent down, tracing his lips along your jaw. "It's a way for me to spend more time with you, yes."

You relaxed against him, his arms wrapping tighter around your body.

"I love you." You murmured.

He kissed your neck, then your cheek. His hand then cupped your chin to bring your head up to meet his lips. The smacking sounds of your lips filled the kitchen. The two of you ended up doing the last of the dishes together, tangled in each other's arms, not caring about the fact that it took you twenty minutes to wash a single plate.