Chapter 102

No one's POV

Arguments had gone on before Snape pointed out the idea that someone could have put Harry's name into the Goblet as someone wanted him to die.

"That would make sense since this tournament is supposedly very dangerous." Technoblade agreed as he thought about it a bit.

"Ah, what evidence is zere of zat?" Madame Maxime said, throwing up her huge hands.

"Oh I don't know...maybe because they hoodwinked a very powerful magical object!" Technoblade snarled.

"From what I read about that thing it would have needed an exceptionally strong Confundus Charm to bamboozle that Goblet into forgetting that only three schools compete in the tournament...and I'm willing to bet that someone must have submitted Harry's name under a fourth school, to make sure he was the only one in his category."

"You seem to have given this a great deal of thought, Technoblade." Karkaroff said coldly.

"And a very ingenious theory it is – though, of course, I heard you were recently brought out of Azkaban, so you'll understand if we don't take you entirely seriously."

Technoblade just snorted as he nodded.

"That may be true but hey, I took my sentence and didn't beg people to believe that I was under the influence of the Imperious Curse because I couldn't take the heat of my crimes but then again I'm just saying." Technoblade spat back as Karkaroffs eyes widened in outrage as he was about to speak before Technoblade pointed a sword at him.

"Go on try something, I dare you."

"Technoblade!" Dumbledore said warningly.

Technoblade scoffed as he made the sword vanish and was silence but took in he satisfaction of seeing Karkaroffs face burning red.

"How this situation wise, we do not know." Dumbledore said, speaking to everyone gathered in the room.

"It seems to me, however, that we have no choice but to accept it, both Cedric and Harry have been chosen to compete in he Tournament, this, therefore, they will do..."

"Ah, but Dumbly-dorr –"

"My dear Madame Maxime, if you have an alternative, I would be delighted to hear it."

Dumbledore waited, but Madame Maxime did not speak, she merely glared.

She wasn't the only one, either.

Snape looked furious as the headmaster and headmistress of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, Karkaroff was livid at Technoblade for the insults and Technoblade simply smirked at him at how he got under his skin.

Bagman however, looked rather excited.

"Well, shall we crack on, then?" He said, rubbing his hands together and smiling around the room.

"Got to give our champions their instructions, haven't we? Barty, want to do the honours?"

Mr Crouch seemed to come out of a deep reverie.

"Yes." He said.

"Instructions, yes...the first task..."

He moved forwards into the firelight.

Close to, Harry thought as he saw the man looking ill, there were dark shadows beneath his eyes, and a thin, papery look about his wrinkled skin that had not been there at the Quidditch World cup.

"The first task, is designed to test your daring." He told Harry, Cedric, Krum and Fleur.

"So we are not going to be telling you what it is, courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard...very important..."

"The first task will take place on November the twenty-fourth, in front of the other students and the panel of judges."

"The champions are not permitted to ask for or accept help of any kind from their teachers to complete the tasks in the tournament."

"The champions will face the first challenge armed only with their wands, they will receive information about the second task when the first is over, owning the demanding and the time-consuming nature of the tournament, the champions will be exempted from the end-of-year tests."

Mr Crouch then turned to look at Dumbledore.

"I think that's all, is it, Albus?"

"I think so." Dumbledore said, who was looking at Mr Crouch with mild concern.

"Are toy sure you wouldn't like to stay at Hogwarts tonight, Barty?"

"No, Dumbledore, I must get back to the Ministry." Mr Crouch said.

"It is very busy, very difficult time at the moment...I've left young Weasley in charge... enthusiastic to work but...quite a bit... unpredictable at times, if truth be told."

Elsewhere

Percy was dealing with a mountain of paperwork as he was slowly banging his head on his desk table repeatedly.

"I should have become anything other than this... perhaps it's not too late to become an Auror..." He muttered before he heard a knock on his office door.

"Enter." He said as he sat up in his chair.

"Is there a busy Ministry man here?" A woman's voice spoke out as Percy smiled a little.

"A very annoyed one, yes, but what brings you here Penelope?" Percy asked smiling as he saw the woman who had entered.

"I was just taking a break from working on a story for the Daily Prophet and though who better to visit them my loving boyfriend." She said closing the door behind him as she lowered the blinds of his office.

"Have time for a bit of a break?"

Percy smiled as he stood up and took out his wand lowering the blinds to the other windows.

"I suppose, I have time for a small break." Percy said as he threw off all the items on his desk and cast a silencing charm on the room making Penelope giggle.

"Just be sure to lock the door this time, love." Percy added with a chuckle.

Back at Hogwarts

"You'll come and have a drink before you go, at least?" Dumbledore said.

"Come on, Barty, I'm staying!" Bagman said brightly.

"It's all happening at Hogwarts now, you know, much more exciting here than at the office!"

"I think not, Ludo." Crouch said with a touch of his old impatience.

Ludo just gave him a look as Crouch grunted.

"Fine, I'll stay for the drink."

With all the excitement done and over, Harry could care less about any of this and left without a word.

"Mr Kaneki, I shall accompany you to Slytherin." Snape said as he put a hand on the boys shoulder and guided him out swiftly.

They walked into the Great Hall that was deserted by now as Snape looked down at the boy.

"For what it's worth, I believe you did not enter as do the other teachers." Snape told him and that did bring up his spirits if only a little.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL