Chapter 54

No one's POV

Once the First years were sorted Dumbledore stood up to address the entire school.

"I'd like to welcome you all back to the school for another exciting year but before I begin the feast there will be a few announcements." Dumbledore said.

"I'd like to welcome some new staff members to the school, let us welcome Professor Remus Lupin who was kind enough to take the position of teaching Defence Against The Dark Arts this year."

The students clapped for the professor as he stood up and waved to them all before sitting down.

"And Care for Magical creatures, Rubeus Hagrid, the current game keeper of the school." Dumbledore announced an Hagrid stood up as everyone cheered for him.

"And now, I feel it is time to come to the moment you have all been waiting for." Dumbledore said as the twinkle in his eye shone bright.

He said the three magic words and with a wave of his hand, food began to appear on all the plates of the tables of each house.

After eating they were all sent to their houses.

Harry stood with the prefects as the First years stood in front of them as he cracked his finger.

All the First years looked at Harry and were stunned that before them stood the One-eyed King of Slytherin.

"Alright you lot, quiet down! The king wants to speak to you all." The male prefect said and Harry nodded to him.

"Thank you to the prefects and as usual I will make my speech, You are in Slytherin House because you possess power and ambition, I will not allow this alone to make you feel superior to the other houses, you know better than that, there will always be someone stronger than you are and you will always be able to learn something new." Harry said.

"King, does that mean there is someone stronger than you?" A First year asked and Harry nodded.

"Of course, I will not keep a facade that I am superior to everyone else, I know I am strong but my truest strength comes from my want to protect others as well as my open mind, what I do not know I can learn and those I care for...I would lay down my life to protect them which is what I would do for all of you, should any house be giving you problems, then I will stand and protect you but I will not condone if you are of trouble, in this house we treat each other as family and we protect each other." Harry said as he looked around.

"Those who are in this house have great potential and I see it with my eye but we must not let this potential go to waste, we must be better than the labels that we are given, we must prove to those who doubt our house that we are strong! I refuse to allow anyone to taint our house! You are Slytherin! But above all else...we will accept others for who they are, whether they are pureblood or half-blood, we are not superior because of our blood and anyone who thinks that here must lose that mentality immediately."

Harry glared across at the First years before he softened his glare.

"I wish you all a good First year and welcome you to Hogwarts, may you have an enjoyable year, the Prefects will give you the rules as well as show you to the dorm." Harry said am began to walk away.

As he did he was met with applause from the First years and the other years in the house as he sat down next to Daphne.

"A good speech as usual Harry." Malfoy said and Harry nodded as he closed his eye for a moment.

"This year...there is something different about it..." Harry said as he opened his eye.

"Harry...are you ok?" Keith asked and Harry nodded as he looked at him.

"There are some things on my mind but I will not be annoyed with them now, they can come later, for now all I care about is spending some times with you all before we go to bed." Harry said.

"That's nice of you, Harry." Tracy said smiling and Harry shook his head and cracked his finger.

They all talked for a bit before they all left for bed one by one until it was only Harry and Daphne.

"Harry we should go to bed." Daphne said and Harry nodded.

"You go without me, I'll go to bed in a few moments for now, I just want to think for a bit." Harry said as he stared into the distance.

Daphne looked at him before he shook his head and got up but he pulled Harry with him.

Harry looked at him confused but Daphne smiled.

"I said let's go to bed." He said and Harry sighed but nodded.

Together they walked to Harry's room and closed the door.

TimeSkip

Gryffindor and Slytherin third years who had chosen Care for Magical creatures were now walking with Hagrid to a place in the forest.

"Right you lot, I got something special for you all today." Hagrid said a bit excitedly as they walked.

"What do you think it is?" Jessie asked and Harry gave a small shrug.

"Hagrid always knows some very fantastic beasts as well as where to find them, I'm sure he will not disappoint." Kyle said as they walked.

They were led to a small forest area where Hagrid quickly stopped them.

"Alright quiet now." Hagrid said as he pointed out into distance.

A creature was walking out from behind a tree.

It had the head of an eagle but the body of a horse as well as eagle wings on its back.

"Everyone meet Buckbeak, a hippogriff." Hagrid said as he turned to them.

"So, who would like to say hello?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL