Chapter 65

No one's POV

Harry slithered after the sound of the scurrying before he found himself outside.

He continued to follow it but due to him having heard it late, he was behind.

He followed it until he was near the Whomping Willow and then the sound was gone.

Harry turned back and looked around the area.

"I know that was a rat I saw...how did I miss it." Harry wondered as he looked around before he shook his head and walked away.

TimeSkip

The exams had ended and now classes were back in order as they now sat in DADA.

"Something off." Harry said before the door opened revealing Snape as he walked into the class.

Snape walked to the front of the classroom as he took out his wand and waved it as the door closed with a bang.

"Wand away, take out your textbooks and turn to page 242." Snape said and Jessie raised her hand.

"Uhm, professor? What are you doing here?" She asked and Snape looked at her.

"Professor Lupin has had to leave due to sickness and so I will be taking over his class until he is well again." Snape said.

"Professor, the page you have referred to however is about werewolves, we haven't gotten that far with the curriculum." Harry said as he raised an eyebrow and Snape nodded.

"As unorthodox as this might seem Mr Kaneki but there is a method to this seeing as all classes you've seemed to have Professor Lupin are all out of the ordinary." Snape said as the class began.

Harry howevers mind still went to the night he heard the rat.

He closed his eyes and entered his Mindscape once more.

Harry pulled up the memory of the Whomping Willow and began to examine it closely.

"Something on your mind, Harry?" Kaneki asked as he walked next to him and Harry nodded as he continued to examine the tree.

"This has been bugging me for quite some time so I'm just looking for the solution as to why the sound I heard had suddenly vanished.

Kaneki looked at the tree as well before his eyes landed on something that was hidden by the dark for a moment.

"There."

Harry followed Kaneki's eyes before he found an opening in the tree.

It was a hole, but the darkness had made it almost impossible to see at it was.

"That is where it went and because it was so small, the Whomping Willow must not have seen it." Harry said before he nodded and returned back to his body.

He focused on the class before it soon came to an end.

This time he decided that he would bring some people in on this discovery he had made.

When the class came to an end Harry had kept Jessie, Kyle, Daphne as well as professor Snape behind in the class.

"Is something wrong, Harry?" Jessie asked and Harry shook his head.

"No it's just something has come to my attention." Harry said.

"I've noticed that there has been a rat in the school."

This confused the three except for Snape who raised an eyebrow.

"What about a rat?" Kyle asked and Harry leaned against a desk.

"It's a bit odd don't you think? Even though the school is as old as it is, I know for a fact that there has been no rodents...except for one." Harry said and Snapes eyes widened for just a moment.

"Pettigrew." Snape said and Harry nodded.

"Exactly, he's been here or rather he has been scurrying around and I think I've found his hiding place." Harry said as he explained the Whomping Willows spot there.

"I know what is there." Snape said and the three turned to him.

"That is a passage way to the shrieking shack it was an old hideout for your father and friends." Snape said and Harry thought for a bit.

"And if I were hiding away from someone or Dementors...I'd want it to be in a place no one knew about." Harry said.

"I have a plan and it could work if followed properly."

Harry began to explain his plan to the four of them and they nodded.

"This is doable." Snape said and began to walk out of the classroom.

"I will leave your part of the plan to you while I cover mine." Snape said as he walked out of the class.

"Jessie how good are you at casting the Patronus charm?" Harry asked.

"Uhm...not great." Jessie said and Harry thought for a bit.

"Kyle stay close to Jessie just in case of the Dementors getting close to her, they fear the ghouls so they will not attack if you are close." Harry said and Kyle nodded.

"Daphne I want you to alert Keith and Haise of this plan just in case we need them on standby." Harry said and Daphne nodded.

"Be careful Harry, and you two." Daphne said and Harry nodded as she left the class.

TimeSkip

Night had fallen and Harry was in his snake Animagus form as he slithered to the Whomping Willow before he went through the opening that was there and followed it until he came into an abandoned shack.

He turned back to his normal form and looked around.

Snape had told the others the location of the shack so they wouldn't have to go the way that Harry did.

"I know you are here somewhere, Pettigrew." Harry said as he cracked his finger and began to venture deeper into the shack.

He turned the corner and entered a bedroom when he heard the sound of creaking.

"H-H-Hello Harry."

Harry turned and came face to face with Peter Pettigrew pointing a wand at him.

"Hm it seems you want to die tonight." Harry said and Peter looked at him confused.

"W-What do you mean?" Peter asked.

"What he means is that you've run out of luck, rat."

James, Lupin, Sirius and even Lily came out of the darkness with their wands all aimed at Peter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

Also I am considering to complete my story after the third year and making a second book, let me know if you would all be ok with that and if not then I will continue to post chapters on this book

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL