Chapter 93

No one's POV

With that the announcements had finished as Dumbledore sent them off to bed.

"I won't lie and say that it doesn't sound interesting." Keith said as he walked with Malfoy.

"I don't feel particularly overjoyed in hearing this." Harry said as he walked next to Daphne.

"Harry, you aren't particularly overjoyed with anything as it is." Tracy said as she looked at him and Harry just grunted at that.

"I'm still surprised to see that Technoblade has actually become a teacher at Hogwarts." Daphne said.

"I didn't even know he had the necessary credentials for this kind of work." Malfoy said.

They made small conversation for a bit before they arrived at Slytherin House as Harry gave a small yawn.

"I believe Dumbledore was correct in suggesting sleep." Harry said as he took Daphne's hand.

They had gotten down to the dungeons where Slytherins house was and said the password that allowed them entrance.

TimeSkip

The storm had blown itself out by the following morning, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy, heavy clouds of pewter grey swirled overhead as Harry, Daphne, Keith and Astoria examined their new timetables at breakfast.

Over at Gryffindor a few seats along from Jessie, Kyle and Hermione.

George, Fred and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament.

"Today's not too bad." Daphne said as she examined the classes.

"Transfiguration with Ravenclaw...and Care for magical creatures with Gryffindor." Daphne said

"And double Ancient ruins this afternoon." Harry pointed out.

"I have double potions." Keith said as he looked at the timetable before eating a piece of bacon.

"Well at least it won't be so bad, we have it with Gryffindor." Astoria said and Keith shrugged.

"True, we'll be able to see Ginny and Haise at least." Keith said nodded.

There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls came soaring through the windows, carrying the morning mail.

Instinctively, Harry moved his food out of the way so that he could avoid any unnecessary feathers hitting it.

They looked over at Malfoy's eagle owl that had landed on his shoulder carrying what looked like his usual supply of sweets and cakes from home.

"You are going to share with your friends, right?" Tracy asked him and Malfoy just chuckled.

"Sure." He said.

Once breakfast was finished they had all gone to their classes.

"Harry!"

Harry stopped as he turned to see his sister walking over to him.

"Jessie? We don't have classes together." Harry said and Jessie nodded.

"I know, I just wanted to say good morning to you before we went off to classes." She said and Harry nodded.

"I see, well good morning then." Harry said as he cracked his finger.

"Nothing else to say?" Jessie asked and Harry thought for a moment before he shook his head.

"I don't believe so." Harry said and Jessie rolled her eyes a bit.

"Alright then, I'll see you later and then perhaps we can talk more." Jessie said as she waved before leaving.

Harry gave a small smile before he turned and went to his transfiguration class.

The lesson itself was rather calm considering that it was the first day and then a booming bell echoed, signalling the end of the lesson.

Ravenclaw was on their way to Charms while the Slytherins went the other way as they exited the building, going down the sloping lawn towards Hagrids small wooden cabin, which stood on the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

Hagrid was standing outside his hut, one hand on the collar of his enormous black boarhound, Fang.

There were several small open wooden crates on the ground at his feet, and Fang kept whimpering and straining at his collar, apparently keen to investigate the contents more closely.

As they drew nearer, an odd rattling noise reached their ears, punctuated by what sounded like minor explosions.

"Mornin'!" Hagrid said grinning at the two classes.

"You won' want ter miss this – Blast-Ended Skrewts!"

"Come again." Kyle said as Hagrid pointed down into the crates.

"Eurgh!" Lavender Brown, a Gryffindor squealed as she jumped backwards.

Harry took a look in the crates and realised why she acted like that.

They looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads.

There were about a hundred of them in each crate, each about six inches long, crawling over each other, bumping blindly into the sides of the box.

They were giving off a very powerful smell of rotting fish.

Every now and then, sparks would fly out of the end of a Skrewt, with a small phut, it would be propelled forwards several inches.

"On'y jus' hatched." Hagrid said proudly.

"So yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"

"I don't want to hurt his feelings...by why in the bloody hell would we wan to raise them?" Malfoy whispered and Kyle merely shrugged.

"My question is, what do they do?" Kyle wondered.

Hagrid heard this and opened his mouth to answer it before closing it, thinking hard as there was a few seconds pause.

"Tha's next lesson, Kyle, yer jus' feedin' 'em today." Hagrid said.

"Interesting." Harry said as he looked at them.

Nothing but deep affection for Hagrid could have made Jessie pick up squelchy handfuls of frog liver and lower them into the crates to tempt the Blast-Ended Skrewts as she gave her brother a look silently begging him to do this as well as he sighed.

Harry followed her lead but he couldn't help but question something...how could they feed the Skrewts when they didn't even seem to have mouths.

"Ouch!" Dean Thomas yelled after about ten minutes.

"It got me!"

Hagrid hurried over to him, looking anxious.

"Its end exploded!" Dean said angrily, showing Hagrid a burn on his hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL