Chapter 72

No one's POV

Harry and Kyle both activated their Kagunes as they caught several knives that soared out of it before letting go as they flew across the kitchen and began chopping the potatoes which had just been tipped back into the sink by the dustpan.

"I don't know where we went wrong with them." Mrs. Weasley said, putting her wand down and started pulling out more saucepans.

"It's been the same for years, one thing after another and they won't listen to – OH NOT AGAIN!"

She had picked up her wand from the table, and it had emitted a loud squeak and turned into a giant rubber mouse.

"One of their fake wands again!" She shouted.

"How many times have I told those two not to leave them lying around?"

She grabbed her real wand and turned around to find the sauce on the stove was smoking.

"Quickly." Harry muttered to Kyle as they quickly took cutlery from the open draw.

"Let's go help Bill and Charlie."

They left Mrs. Weasley and headed out of the back door into the yard.

They had gone a few paces when Hermione's bandy-legged, ginger cat Crookshanks came pelting out of the garden, bottle-brush tail held high in the air, chasing what looked like a muddy potato on legs.

Harry recognised it instantly as a gnome.

Barely ten inches high, its horny little feet pattered very fast as it sprinted across the yard and dived healing into one of the Wellington boots that lay scattered around the door.

Harry could hear the gnome giggling madly as Crookshanks inserted a paw into the boot, trying to reach it.

Meanwhile, a very loud crashing noise came from the other side of the house.

The source of the commotion was revealed as they entered the garden and saw that Bill and Charlie both had their wands our, and where making two battered old tables fly high a ice the lawn, smashing into each other, each attempting to knock the others out of the air.

Fred and George were cheering, Ginny was laughing, Hermione was hovering near the hedge, apparent torn between amusement and anxiety.

Kyle, Jessie, Daphne and Harry just watched as Bills table caught Charlie's with a huge bang and knocked one of its legs off.

There was a clatter overhead, and they all looked up to see Percy's head poking out of a window on the second floor.

"Bill! Hurry and knock Charlie's table out of the sky!" He cheered for his brother while Charlie gasped.

"That's betrayal! You're cheering for the enemy!" Charlie bellowed in fake hurt while Percy smirked.

"Sorry Charlie but you have to be taller than me before I cheer for you!" Percy said which brought more laughter from everyone while Charlie looked at his brother.

"Come say that to my face!" He exclaimed and Percy laughed.

"How? You'll be looking at my chest not face while I look at empty space!" Percy said as he rested on the window for a bit.

"Good one, Perce!" Bill said, grinning after having calmed down from his laughter.

"Hey, Perce, how're the cauldron bottoms coming on?" Charlie said and Percy's smirk got a bit bigger.

"Sadly I'm making slow progress...like the time it is taking for your growth spurt to finally arrive!" Percy said before he closed the window which brought on a second louder bout of laughter from everyone except Charlie who just smiled and shook his head.

Chuckling, Bill and Charlie directed the tables safely into the grass, end to end and then, with a flick of his wand, Bill reattached the table leg, and conjured tablecloths out of nowhere.

By seven o'clock, the two tables were groaning under dishes and dishes of Mrs. Weasley's excellent cooking, and the nine Weasleys, Harry, Daphne, Jessie and Kyle were settling themselves down to eat beneath a clear, deep-blue sky.

Harry listened and made small talk with them as he put some chicken and ham pie, boiled potatoes and salad.

At the far end of the table, Ron sat there and ate as messily as he normally did as Harry looked away.

"So son how is the cauldron report coming along?" Arthur asked Percy who looked at him.

"If I keep working then it'll at least be done by Tuesday, then I can be rid of it." Percy said.

"Though things are busy in the department just now with the arrangements for the World Cup, because of that the Department of Magical Games and Sports have been busy." Percy said and Arthur nodded.

"Oh that's where Ludo Bagman is in charge of." Arthur said with a smile.

"I like Ludo, he was the one who got us such good tickets for the Cup, I do him a bit of a favour: his brother, Otto, got into a spot of trouble – a lawnmower with unnatural powers – I smoothe the whole thing over."

"Bagman is a good man." Percy said with a nod before he remembered something.

"You know that Bertha Jorkins has been missing for over a month now? went on holiday to Albania and never came back?" Percy asked.

"Yes, I was asking Ludo about that." Mr. Weasley said frowning.

"He says Bertha's got lost plenty of times before now – though I must say, if someone in my department, I'd be worried..."

Percy nodded as he took a deep swig of elderflower wine.

They talked for a bit more as Harry looked away from them.

In the middle of the table, Mrs. Weasley was arguing with Bill about his earring, which seemed to be a recent acquisition.

"...with a horrible great Fang in it, really, Bill, what do they say at the bank?"

"Mum, no one at the bank gives a damn how I dress as long as I bring home plenty of treasure." Bill said patiently.

"And your hair's getting silly, dear." Mrs. Weasley said, fingering her wan lovingly.

"I wish you'd let me give it a trim.."

Daphne just glanced at Harry who didn't even look.

"Don't worry I won't cut my hair." He said and Daphne smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL