VI

Disclaimer: This section is not original. I edited some parts, but the plot is based here: https://shorturl.at/hARW7

or

https://shorturl.at/qxC19

December 24, X794

Lisanna POV

It was a lovely evening on Christmas Eve. I was at the bar watching the guild acting normal. Brawls, drinks, cheers, and shouts. Everything is perfect.

I heard someone's drink slam on the bar counter.

"My, my...why is the lovely all by herself drinking here?"

"Hm?"

I turned around to see who it was.

"Evergreen!"

"Hi!"

She sat down next to me.

"So...you and Bickslow are a thing now?"

She puts her arm around me.

"Ah...yeah, guess we can say that."

She brought her face closer to mine.

"And so...your brother and me are just a cover, hm?"

"N-no..."

"HAHAHA~ I was just kidding, little one! Congrats to both of you."

She brushed off her hand.

"Though I have to ask, when will the invitations be sent out then?"

"Stop it! We're still dating, plus I'm too young for that."

"I'm glad for Bickslow. He seems very happy recently!"

I looked at Bickslow being shoved by Gajeel.

"Bah, it's his nature to be happy."

"You certainly are his girlfriend, Lisa. But we've been teammates for such a long time. And by that, I can tell he's enjoying so much more than before."

I glanced at her.

"Huh?"

"Way more than back then... He wasn't such a cheerful person when we first met. He was...quiet? And also the last member who joined the Thunder Legion. I think you can relate...none of the Thunder Legion had a great childhood because of this."

She pointed at her eyes.

"Our magic was believed to be a curse. But Bickslow...well, he lost more than just that. Later, when we eventually got close, he let himself open up to us and told his own story. Only once, but I will never forget..."

"What was it?"

"Let me continue."

"Okay."

"He used to live in a circus, happily surrounded by loveable orphan kids who treated him as their older brother. That seemed to be happiness, doing something you loved and being surrounded by a family and everything. But...life takes away all you love. A fatal incident took his only family away. The circus was burned with his siblings in it. However, it gave him magic in return- a power he never wished to possess. The kids' memories decided to stay and become his best allies. Their souls once insisted on staying, but Bickslow didn't let that happen. So rumor might have said that he steals souls or somewhat- well, he never does. Of all people, Bickslow is the one who values them the most..."

Evergreen looked over at me.

"WOA! Lisanna?!"

I was in tears.