VIII

A month later (late April)...

Cana POV

I just returned from vacation. When I reached my apartment, Lyon was sitting right beside the door. He was asleep on the floor next to my apartment door. He looked so cute-wait, why is he even here?

"Lyon?" I shook him to wake him up.

"Huh? Oh- Cana! You're back!"

"I did tell you I'd be back in a month. Have you been here all week?"

"I came here for the past few days to see if you'd be back. Meredy knows where I am."

"Why were you waiting by my apartment? You look weird sitting around here."

"I- uh- I missed Kai. Speaking of which, there's my boy~!" He picked Kai up from his stroller.

"Hehehehe-" Kai giggled.

"He's so adorable! Ti amo tanto!" I stated.

"Anch'io ti amo," Lyon replied.

"What? I was talking to the baby."

"Oh, yeah, so was I. You know, I love you too? Or maybe I should've said Daddy loves you too..."

"Yeah, heh."

That has to be something. Was that for Kai or me? Probably for him, yeah.

"Do you need help unpacking?"

"I could use the help."

Lyon handed Kai to me while he took our luggage. I unlocked the door and then entered it.

"How was the trip?"

"It was delightful. Adrian and Kai are besties. They do everything together."

"That's nice."

"Why are you here?"

"I already said- I missed Kai."

"Really? You could've stayed with Meredy and dropped off Kai."

"I went on a job with your dad, and he talked about how he missed most of your life. He said he wishes he could turn back time to the moment you were born. He regrets being a workaholic because he wanted to be a part of your life, but your mom left him. I freaked out because you technically left me with Kai, and I thought you would leave for good with him."

"You were worried more than I was! Don't let my dad freak you out. And you think I'd ditch you with Kai? No chance."

"Phew, I guess I was worrying for nothing. I was begging that you'd come back. Oh yeah, Cassandra gave birth."

"I know- I was there."

"What? But you just came back."

"I was in town when I heard the news. There's no way I'm missing the birth of my siblings."

"And you didn't say hi to me?"

"Lyon, what's your problem? You're acting like- I don't know- overprotective. I took a break- I needed a break. Would you please give me a break? You can take Kai until after your wedding."

"Right, my wedding."

"What, did you forget?"

"Of course not. Are you seeing anybody?"

"No, why?"

"I don't know. I was just wondering. You can tell me if you like anybody. I'm still your friend."

"There is someone I like, but I don't know."

"Who? Come on, tell me."

"Nah, I'd rather not."

~ (Cracked) Fairy Tail Love Stories ~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara