X

Fourteen years later...

March 4, X812

Igneel POV

The middle child of a family of seven sucks. My parents wanted seven kids since my oldest sister, Nasha, was born. You guys probably know my parents, Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia. They are one of the strongest and most popular mages of Fairy Tail. My dad is an S-Class mage, fire dragon slayer, and son of Igneel. My mom is the daughter of Layla and Jude Heartfilia, one of the strongest celestial wizards in Earth Land, and a famous worldwide author. My mom and dad are the IT couple of Fiore.

My siblings are Nasha, Layla, Jude, Stella, Blake, and Aurora. Nasha is a spark dragon-slayer, Layla is highly intellectual, Jude has superhuman abilities, Stella has invisibility and super speed, Blake is an illusionist mage, and Aurora is a light dragon slayer- and extreme luck as a joke. You may be wondering what I am. Well, I would like to know as well.

When I was younger, I found a mark on my neck. I told my parents about it, and they told me I had to cover it every time. All my siblings got to train with their powers, but I always had to sit out. You can call me the normal child, but I'm the odd child. At times, my neck would burn, and at other times, I get light-headed. Usually, I have to stay in my room.

The middle child signifies the child who gets the least attention but is the one whom everyone relies on. All my siblings ask me to help them with homework, training, advice, or clarity. They could've asked each other, but they would ask me. Layla is the smart one, and Jude is the strong one. Why me?

Today, I turn 16 years old. When my mom gave birth to me, her heart stopped when she found out my dad got into an accident with this guy. They both almost died when I was born. When my second twin siblings were born, there was a shooter. We all had unfortunate events when we were born except for my youngest sister. Today is the day my parents forgot about my birthday.

It was a typical day at school when my best friend, Lexi, hit my shoulder.

"Happy birthday, Neel."

She's the daughter of Mirajane Strauss-Dreyar and Laxus Dreyar. Her mom is the mightiest female wizard of Fairy Tail and the top Sorcerer Weekly model. Her dad is a lightning dragon slayer, guild master of Fairy Tail (Yes, Makarov retired), and one of the strongest wizards in the Ten Wizard Saints. They are a power couple and freakishly strong.

(A/N: In this, Erza is the strongest female wizard, and Mirajane is the most powerful female wizard, not like it makes sense.)

Lexi is sporty, sweet, beautiful, and selfless. I have a big crush on her. Every time she talks to me, it's all natural. Of course, she doesn't know that. Funny enough, it's her birthday too. Mirajane and Lucy got pregnant on the same day and were born on the same day.

"Happy birthday to you too!" I reply to her.

"You want to meet up for dinner? My parents said I could take a friend for my birthday dinner. We can ask your parents to come over too!"

"That'd be nice! My parents forgot about my birthday, though."

"Awh, that sucks. Well, you could still come?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

Lexi POV

I can't wait for the birthday dinner with Igneel. We've been best friends ever since we were born. I have liked him ever since we were kids. Of course, he doesn't know that. I always feel safe whenever I'm around him.

Dinner

"Honey, is Igneel coming? We're going to be late for our reservation." My mom asks.

"Just a few more minutes," I tell her.