II

December 25, X795

Levy POV

"Hey, Levy?"

"Oh, hey, Gray! What's up?"

"I know I must sound crazy, but have you ever questioned how close Juvia and Gajeel are?"

"Pfft, no."

"Why not?"

"Those two are soulmates, as in best friends. They've gone through hell and worse together. They're family. Plus, Gajeel knows he's a dead one if he messes with someone."

"Yeah, you're right...Thanks,"

"No problem! You thought they had a thing?"

"Well...yeah? Juvia says she wasn't a virgin before me. I've just always wondered who it could be."

"And that's none of your business! Relax, Juvia could never do that to you."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Always am!"

"Thanks,"

"Now, go get her!"

I know Gajeel and Juvia had a romantic past, but I'm not worried about it. I have a team with two guys I rejected, so I don't get a right to be jealous. Then again, Gajeel probably thinks Jet and Droy have no chance.

It still surprises me that Juvia and Gajeel had a somewhat serious relationship. They did it once as guildmates, but they did it again for Gajeel to help her with guys, and...it led to some feelings. They loved each other in both ways and are now best friends who went through hell and everything.

Quite a shocker, am I right?

I love my life with Gajeel and Emma. I never would've thought Gajeel would be great with kids. He's always protective of Emma, and she is just like her father. She eats iron and has a cold vibe but has a tender heart. She loves to play and bite Gajeel's hair. Emma is always calm and cheerful when she's with me. I love her so much! I would have to look after her alone numerous times because Gajeel takes care of Juvia since Gray is gone.

November 24, X795

Gajeel POV

I was at the bar for my engagement party with Levy. Our wedding is tomorrow! I saw Gray walking up to me.

"Oh. Hey, Fullbuster. How are-"

"Are you in love with Juvia?"

"What?"

"Are- are- are you guys a thing? Because I always felt like you had a thing for her, and so does she."

"What makes you think that?"

"I met Juvia's dad, and he told me her mom left him for her guy best friend. The two went through everything together, just like you two. I'm afraid what happened to him will happen to you."

I burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry- this is too hilarious!"

I was slapping my knee and tearing up.

"What is it? I'm serious."

"Dude. I'm getting married tomorrow."

"Yeah? Juvia's mom left her dad when they were married and had a kid."

"Alright, but just because that happened to her parents doesn't mean it will happen to me and Juvia. I have a child, and my wedding is tomorrow! We're just best friends! And she's like my little sister!"