VI

Cana POV

February 1, X795

It's the next day at 11 am, and I'm still dilating. I'm only at 6 centimeters!

"Lyon, talk to me. Someone has to entertain me."

"What do you want to name the baby?"

"I don't care at this point. If it feels right, then that's their name."

"Oh, crap. Mirajane is in premature labor." Cassandra says.

"What?! She's having her baby earlier than me when I was pregnant before her?!" I complain.

"I'm sorry, dear. I have to go see Mirajane." Cassandra left the room, and Wendy took over.

"Hi, Cana!" she said.

"Hey, Wendy. How's it going." I replied.

"This job is epic! I get to save women and babies' lives!"

"That's great. How is it with you and Romeo?" I teased.

Wendy turned red. "CANA!"

"Sorry, kiddo."

A few hours later...

"How much?"

"8 centimeters."

"Only?! It's 2 pm! Exactly 24 hours since my appointment."

"It's okay, Cana. We have all the time in the world." Lyon tried comforting me.

"More like you have all the time in the world. Once this baby is born, I'm supposed to feed it, change it, and burp it. You get to go home to your sweet girlfriend and realize you're a father. Where I have to take care of the baby while you guys get married and run away to Paris."

"Cana, I'm not leaving you. You're not alone."

"Ugh, I'm sorry. All of this makes me overwhelmed, and when I'm overwhelmed, I get mean."

"I know. I'll do anything to make you feel better."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Can you kiss me to reduce the pain? Cassandra says it helps, and I feel like I'm in hell."

"Are you sure it works?"

"Yes."

"Then I see why not."

Lyon brought his lips to mine. Wow, it felt amazing, just like old times.

I broke us apart after a few minutes.

"Hey, it worked!"

"That's great!"

"Hey, guys. I'm back. I had to give Mirajane an emergency C-section. She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy." Cassandra announces.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Congrats to Mirajane and Laxus!" I say.

I looked at my Dad, who was sleeping on the small chair. He passed out after waiting many hours for me to go into labor. Cassandra walked up to him and kissed him on the forehead.

Three hours later...

"Hey, Cana! I heard you were in here for a while."

Mirajane came into my room carrying her newborn baby. Laxus was behind her, making sure she wouldn't fall.

"I've been here since yesterday. And somehow, you gave birth before me when I was pregnant first." I replied.

"That's ironic," Laxus said. I rolled my eyes at him.