VII

Lyon POV

After Cana was ten months pregnant, she finally gave birth to our beautiful son, Kai. I'm glad it's all over. Now, Meredy and I are getting married! It's what I've always wanted. At first, I wanted Cana to be my wife, but I love Meredy. She's the one for me, and I love her...

"I love you."

"I...I'm sorry."

~~~

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~

Did she say I love you as a friend or romantically? Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm getting married to the sweetest woman I've ever met.

A few weeks later...

"Babe, you have mail!" Meredy called out

"Who's it from?" I asked.

"See for yourself. I have to go. I'll be out with a friend. I'll be back in a few days. Love you."

She pecked my lips and left our apartment.

***

Dear Lyon,
3-16-X795

Kai and I will be on vacation with Mirajane, Laxus, and Adrien. I'm sorry that I didn't give you a warning or anything. I have to take Kai wherever I go- I hope you're okay with this. I'll be back in a month.

Congratulations to you and Meredy again. I thought you could use some alone time as an engaged couple.

Yours Truly,

Cana Alberona.

***

Cana is gone for a month?! Where is she going? And she left with Kai? Goddamit Cana. What am I going to do now? I took paternity leave from Lamia Scale, and Meredy is out with a friend. Maybe I can ask Gildarts. I have the whole day to myself.

"Cana? Oh yeah, she's on vacation." Gildarts confirmed.

"But shouldn't the baby be at least six weeks old for a road trip?"

"They are six weeks old. And Cassandra said that the babies are perfectly healthy."

"I don't know what I can do. I'm on paternity leave for my guild, and Meredy is out with a friend."

"You know what I used to do when I had nothing to do?"

"What?"

"I went on a job."

"I can't do that right now."

"I can take you on one if you'd like."

"You would do that?"

"Yeah! I'd love to learn about the boy who knocked up my daughter."

"Yay..."

I have nothing else to do.

Gildarts and I were taking a job from Fairy Tail for 200,000 jewels. The quest was simple- kill a monster. We were hiking to the destination. It was a long way, so Gildarts tried to make conversation.

"So, you're engaged to Meredy?" He asked me.

"Yes, I am."

"How do you feel about it?"