VII

November 24, X795

Gray POV

It was Thanksgiving Eve, and tomorrow will be Gajeel and Levy's wedding. Am I still missing her like crazy? Yes. Am I happy for Gajeel? Yes. Am I still questioning Juvia and Gajeel? Yes. I know, I know, I must be overthinking this. But I can't help it!

Today was a Thanksgiving feast Fairy Tail was hosting in honor of Gajeel and Levy's engagement and soon-to-be marriage. I saw Juvia talking with Gajeel at the bar.

"Don't do it."

I turned around to see Cana sitting.

"What?"

"Don't do it."

"What?"

"Don't talk to Gajeel. Nothing is going on between Gajeel and Juvia."

"I know, but I need clarification."

"Dude, you're overreacting."

Oh yeah, I may have forgotten to say that Gajeel was Juvia's first time. They did it once as guildmates until they became friends. They did it again for him to help her be better at it. And they began crushing on each other. Juvia and Gajeel dated once until they realized they were better off as friends. Bora came into her life, and Gajeel has been her big brother ever since.

"What if they still love each other?"

"If two exes can remain friends, either they still love each other, or there was never love."

"How do you know? You're not a psychiatrist."

"But I'm married to the love of my life, unlike you."

Juvia left the bar.

"I'm going in."

"Stupido idiota."

I walked up to Gajeel. He was drinking at the bar.

"Oh. Hey, Fullbuster. How are-"

"Are you in love with Juvia?"

"What?"

"Are- are- are you guys a thing? Because I always felt like you had a thing for her, and so does she."

"What makes you think that?"

"I met Juvia's dad, and he told me her mom left him for her guy best friend. The two went through everything together, just like you two. I'm afraid what happened to him will happen to you."

Gajeel burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry- this is too hilarious!"

He was slapping his knee and tearing up.

"What is it? I'm serious."

"Dude. I'm getting married tomorrow."

"Yeah? Juvia's mom left her dad when they were married and had a kid."

"Alright, but just because that happened to her parents doesn't mean it will happen to me and Juvia. I have a child, and my wedding is tomorrow! We're just best friends! And she's like my little sister!"

"You're right. I'm so sorry, man. I didn't like the idea that you took Juvia's- uh-"

"Virginity? Yeah...that was ages ago. I love her, but I'm not in love with her. She loves you, and only you."

"Yeah, I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry again."

"Nah, don't be. It's a good thing. You were jealous."