Chapter 48

"Baby!" Nicholas yelled coming in the house.

I rolled my eyes. I am completely pissed with him.

"Baby I've been calling you for ten minutes. Why are you in here?" He asked me. I didn't answer I just continued texting Mama A.

Today was my second time rescheduling my 16th week check up which Nicholas missed, lately he has been working a lot which I can understand but I need to know that everything with us and our family is taken care of before he goes for hours without answering his phone.

"I think my mother likes you more than she likes me. I've been calling her because I noticed she called me but now she's not answering." he said as he watched as I sent her a message.

"Why aren't you talking to me? What the hell did I do?" He asked once he realized I wasn't going to respond.

"You forgot." I said simply.

"Forgot? Forgot what?" He asked.

"You forgot date night three times, you forgot CPR training, you forgot yoga, Lamaze and most importantly the babies appointment again." I said.

"Oh shit baby. I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't touch me Nicholas." I said annoyed.

"Baby it was a mistake I swear." He said.

"This whole past two weeks it's been mistake after mistake and I didn't say anything I let it go." I said.

He sighed. "I know baby, and I was wrong. It was honestly never my intentions to miss or skip out on any of those things." He said.

"Do you know how much hell I went through in birthing class this week Nicholas? My grandmother came with me and all she kept saying was everybody was wasting their money and time because don't nobody breathe like that while they having a baby. We got kicked out of the class Nicholas." I said.

He laughed. "Why would you take your grandmother of all people?" He asked.

I glared at him hard. "Bye Nicholas. Tonight I need to be alone." I said

"Baby I came home early tonight for a reason, to spend time with you. I turned down two emergency surgeries and now you want to sleep in separate beds?" He asked.

"Yes because lately you've been a shit boyfriend." I said.

"Baby, that's messed up." He said.

"It's the truth. We spent no time together in the last week and a half. You canceled dates and it's not like you called and said babe, I'm boy gonna be able to come, no that was too much for you. I was left stuck at a damn restaurant telling the waitress give me five and ten more minutes for you to just not show." I said.

"Baby, I get where you're coming from. I know babes and I am sorry for that. I plan to make up for that but don't hold it against me. I've been a bad boyfriend I know but I'm going to try and fix it. Just lay in bed with me tonight. I'll order some take out and we can watch movies." He said.

I sighed and looked at him, "you lucky grandma took my body pillow or I wouldn't need you." I grumbled.

"Why she take your body pillow?" He asked.

"She said it was comfortable and I didn't need it that bad." I explained.

He chuckled. "Your grandmother is funny." He said.

"I'm glad you think so." I said rolling my eyes as my phone rang.

"That's her." He said handing me my phone.

"Hello Grandma?" I answered.

"Who else would it be calling from my phone child. Pregnancy brain don gotchu already?" She asked.

"No grandma. What you need?" I asked her.

"White chocolate come in the house yet?" She asked.

"Yes. Nicholas is home." I said.

"Tell him I said to quit paying them people that's trying to teach you how to breathe and to kiss. Obviously y'all been doing a whole lot of kissing for you to be having two of his babies and Well breathing, we know that much." She said.

"Grandma. You got us kicked out the class talking like that and saying that lady smelt bad." I said.

"She was farting all over the place. It was nasty. They said center yourself and get relaxed. She start shitting on the floor."'she said.

"Grandma she's like eight months pregnant with twins. She can't help that she's gassy" I said.

"She look as big as a damn house. It's at least four babies inside of her. You know people pay to get babies in them
To get them shows right?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am I know." I said.

"Her show gonna be I was having six babies and I didn't know it. And then she had all her stomach out. " she continued.

"she couldn't help it" I said.

"She could have brought a big enough shirt instead of the one she wore in high school. Her husband was huge. He could have given her a shirt to cover up her belly. " She said. Causing Nicholas to laugh.

"Is that white chocolate? Hey white chocolate!" My grandma said.

"Hey grandma!" He said.

"How you doing baby?" She asked sweetly.

"Good ma'am and how are you?" He asked her.

"I'm okay but I think I need to rewarded for going to that class with Ava. That was terrible." She said.

"How can we reward you grandma?" He asked her happily.

"Dinner tonight." She said.

"You want to go to dinner. Okay how soon can you be ready?" He asked.

"I'm ready now I was calling to tell y'all what I want." She said causing me to laugh and shake my head.

"Okay Grandma. I'm still in my hospital clothes so I'll change and we will be over in about an hour okay?" She asked.

"Mmhm, can Ava hear me?" She asked.

"She can." He said.

"Ava babyy." She said.

"Yes grandma?" I asked her

"You said that woman was pregnant with twins right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"As in two?" She asked.

"Yes as in two," I said.

"Now you pregnant with two right?" She asked.

"Yes grandma." I said.

"When you get like that, stay from round me because I might talk about you you here?" She said causing me to laugh.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"Alright now baby. See you in a little while. Bye White chocolate!" She said before I hung up.

"Your grandmother is a mess." He said

I sighed getting out of the guest bed. "I know." I said and made my way to the closet.

A/N

How y'all like when I bring grandma in the mix?

Nicholas forgetting stuff?

30 comments