Chapter 7

"Hello." I asked answering my phone.

"Hey Ava, it's Christian. I need to place an order." She said.

"For what and when?" I asked getting an order sheet out.

"Tonight, for my party. You coming right?" She asked.

I sighed. "You know I don't do clubs Chris." I said.

"But it's my birthday!" She whined.

"You make me too damn sick." I said annoyed.

"I love you too anyways, I want a cake and some cupcakes too. You can be creative. I'll send over my credit card information." She said

"Alright Chris bye." I said brainstorming about the cake and cupcake idea.

4 layers of cake, with the colors purple, white, silver and black. At the top of the cake, a purple bow made out of fondant would be molded on top of the fourth and final cake layer. That final cake layer would be white, the next one under it, light purple with silver glitter lightly over it, the one after that purple with a silver design and the first tier which would be white with black writing on it that says 'Christian' the third tier from the bottom, the purple cake and silver glitter covering it will read 'Happy birthday'.

The cupcakes are going to be in the purple, black and white colors with silver colored chocolate topping them. The chocolate will read out things like 'Christian',25th, and 'Birthday'.

"Aunty Ava!" I heard someone call

"Is that Ms.Addy?" I asked.

"It's Ms.Addy." She confirmed.

"Give me a few minutes guys. I'll be right out."

The cake will be Red Velvet, Chocolate Marble, Vanilla Rum and Caramel Pecan. Frosted with cream cheese.

I started my baking process. The cupcakes will be banana rum, coconut rum and chocolate Bourbon cupcakes all with liquor infused cream cheese frosting. Once I was done, and had the cake and cupcakes baking, I made my way to the front.

"Hey J, hey Belle." I said.

I handed belle the hot chocolate and buttered muffin she gets every time she comes and she walked to one of the tables.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm meeting my girl friends friends and sister today. I'm pretty nervous." He told me.

Joanthan and his girlfriend had been dating causally for a few months and quickly wanted to start off a relationship. Two years later, they have yet to meet each other's family. .

"Why you nervous?" I asked.

"Besides the fact that I'm meeting my girlfriends friends I'm. A little apprehensive of what they'd think." He told me.

"Think as far as what? You're a great, nice guy." I told him.

Every so often on the weekends or whenever Johnthan didn't have to work and belle didn't have school we'd have these chats.

"My girlfriends black, I'm white. Is her family down with the whole swirl thing? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be with her regardless of what they say or how they feel but still." he said.

"John relax. Okay? Everything will be fine. How about you bring a friend with you as well. Call your girlfriend first, tell her that your gonna be brining a guy friend and ask if that's alright." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I can bring my brother and my cousin. That should work." He said.

"Exactly. Everything will be fine." I said.

"You're so positive and optimistic."
He said smiling.

"Thank you." I said nodding.

"You're welcome. Now, when are you gonna let me set you up? I mean I know you don't really want me to but I think that it would be-" he started.

"You're not setting me up." I said cutting his speech off.

"So what are you gonna do? Be single the rest of your life?" He asked

"You're acting like that's a bad thing." I said.

"Ava I know your relationship history hasn't been the best but you can't allow that 'man' to still have control over your life." He told me.

"He doesn't have control over me. Not anymore." I said.

"Ava, think about this. You're allowing yourself to not date, to be emotionally detached from a man based off of what another man did, it's not fair. It allows no other man to be able to come between these lovely walls you've built around yourself. He has control, even from a distance. Wheatear you realize that or not." He said making tears gall out of my eyes.

"Damn you! I hate when you do that." I said to him.

"Well, it is my job." He said.

"I know Mr. Biggest psychotherapist in the region." I said.

"Speaking of which, I've got to get going. I'll be back in about an hour. Ava think about what I said." He told me.

I nodded my head. He came over to me giving me a hug. His hugs had to be one of the best I've had. Over the time period of three months within meeting him he's become my big brother. "I love you kid. I don't want to see you end up hurt." He said I nodded and he walked away towards Addy.

"Addy, come. I've got some cupcakes that needs some frosting." I said to her. She always practices here and tells me when she gets older she's gonna work with me.

"Coming Auntie Ava." She said smiling.

I smiled back grabbing her apron, special chef hat and gloves.

I'm definitely gonna think about what Jonathan said he may just be right. Does Derrick still have control over me?

A/N

Hey y'all! How do you guys feel about Ava and J's relationship? How do you feel about what J said to Ava? Hmmm lots to think about.

20 comments!