Chapter 16

"Nicholas are you gonna take me to eat?" I asked.

We'd spent the last four hours in stores, picking out clothes for me for when I get bigger. We made numerous trips to the car and Nicholas and I debated for about an hour about if I should wear maternity clothes or not. I didn't want to wear them, but the store had these super comfy pants that have a black and white print on them that I have seen no where, so I let him take me in the store and we brought both regular and maternity clothing.

"Of course baby." He said rubbing my stomach.

"It's so weird when you do it." I giggled.

"Why is it weird?" He asked.

"Because when you rub you make sure you get my whole belly." I said mocking his movement.

"Does that make you uncomfortable?" He asked.

"Not really. It's just different." I told him.

"Okay. So what would you like to eat?" He asked

"Something I can't have." I said grinning.

"Babe, no. We can eat anything else." He said.

"I want something good." I said.

"I can make you a baked chicken. Sautéed vegetables and mashed sweet potato." He offered.

"That actually sounds really good. Are the guys gonna be in the house tonight?" I asked.

All the guys still live at home with Mr and Mrs. Arrigucci. It's italian tradition that until the children start families, they stay at the home with their parents.

I know that Mr. And Mrs. Arrigucci are away for their wedding anniversary, so the only people we'd have to worry about tonight is the guys.

"From what I remember them telling me. No." He said.

"Okay. Well let's make our ways to the house. We need to talk." I said.

"You've made your decision?" He asked.

"Yeah." I told him. He held my hand tighter, and kissed my lips once we got to the red light.

This kiss was different. Like, it was super soft and gentle. Like he cares,like he loves me.

I indulged in this kiss, savoring it all. I've felt butterflies in my stomach before, and I've felt excited but this was so different. When he touches me, I would get a small glimpse at what my body does and how I'd feel. The way his lips feel against mine, with him caressing and so tenderly pecking at my lips. This is so different and something that I won't deny I want and need more of.

He drove once the people began honking and we sat for the remainder of two minutes in the car.

"Thank you." I said as he opened my door.

"You're welcome." he said.

Once we'd settled into the house making sure we were all alone, we sat in the kitchen, and he started to cook. It's so sexy to see him move through the kitchen like he is.

"Nicholas, do you actually know how to
Cook?"I asked.

"I'm italian. Of course I do." He said.

"You sure?" I asked.

No man other than my father has cooked for me, and even that was a simple grilled cheese or some type of sandwich.

"Yes baby, I'm sure. I wouldn't offer to cook for you and our baby if I couldn't cook." He told me.

I know he's telling the truth. He's always being super protective myself and our little poppyseed.

"Alright baby, the food is done." He said after about an hour and a half of cooking.

"It smells good in here." I said.

"Thank you. Now, I stayed away from garlic because I saw you scrunch your face up a little when I pulled it out so, it's none inside." He told me.

"Thank you Nicholas." I said as he sat a tall glass of milk in front of me.

"I don't want milk. How about water." I said.

"Baby, we have to drink milk. The baby's bones are developing now." He said. "I'll drink some too." He said pouring another tall glass of milk.

"But you're lactose intolerant." I told
Him.

"I'll have the runs for you and the baby.
I don't mind." He said drinking the
Milk.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. "Why did you do that? I was going to drink
The milk." I told him.

"Because I'm trying to be as supportive as possible, so I have to do what you do. Well as much as possible." He said.

"That's so sweet of you." I said smiling.

He grabbed my hands. "I told you, I'm going to be as supportive as possible. It's not just your baby. It's our baby we are starting our family and although I can go through labor as well, I'll try my best to be as supportive as possible baby." he said kissing my hands.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're Welcome." He said kissing my cheek. "Now feed our baby." He said from behind me rubbing my belly.

"It's not even big yet and you have an obsession with touching it." I said chuckling a little as he took my fork and knife cutting my food.

"I know. Imagine how I'm gonna be in a few months." He said putting a piece of chicken to my mouth. I bit into the chicken, suddenly feeling hungrier as the smell of it got closer to me.

"It's herb roasted. I squeezed a little fresh lemon and stuffed the chicken with some spices and vegetables, onions and peppers. " He said looking a little nervous. "What do you think?" He asked.

"I think you should stop talking and feed me." I said. He smiled a little at my reaction and continued to feed me.

"I'm glad you like it." He said.

"You should cook for me more often. " I told him.

"I will. But um let's talk about your final decision." he said.

I looked him in the eyes, and grabbed his hand. "I don't think we should get married." I said finally." I don't want to hold you back from loving someone and being with someone else Nicholas. "I told him.

He sighed. "You've already don't that because I'm in love with you Ava."

"You're what?" I asked.

"I'm in love with you. Not only because you're the mother of my child but because everything about you. That night at the club, hell the night you dropped Addys cake off and I saw you. I felt an instant connection with you Ava. And I know some shit has happened in your life but give me a chance to show you that I can be the man you want, need and deserve Ava." He said.

"I didn't know you felt that way." I said a little stunned.

"Well I do. I really do." He said.

When I looked into his eyes, I saw genuine hurt in them.

"I want to be with you. I want to try us but I don't think we should marry just yet. I think we should try and get to know each other more. I know so much about you, that you don't know about me." I said.

"I understand. As long as you give us a try. I'm willing to do whatever you'd like." He said.

"Nicholas, this is something I've never felt before, and I've never done and I'm scared." I said honestly. "What if this, us crashes and burns?"

"I know baby. I'm scared too but if I crash and burn I'm crashing and burning with you."
He said.

A/N

hey y'all! Yes, I left y'all hanging just a little bit. I'm sorry... A little. What do y'all think Ava is going to do? How will this all pan out? Hmmmm

20-35 comments