Chapter 49

"He missed date night again?" Aniya asked.

"Yup." I sighed taking the pins I had out of my hair.

"Don't cry Ava. It was a mistake you know he's been working a lot lately." She said.

"Yeah, I know but it's not that much work in the world. He's not the only doctor. Where the hell is he really at why he can't take the woman he supposedly wants to spend the rest of his life with to dinner?" I asked.

She sighed. "Nicholas wouldn't do that to you Ava." She said.

"Well this has been going on since I was twelve weeks pregnant. I'm nineteen now and I've attended two appointments by myself. He's been so distant and it sucks. It's always a I forgot and I'm sorry." I said.

"He didn't mean it." She said taking up for him as she wiped my make up off my face.

Tonight, after an entire week of him being in Italy we were supposed to go out on a date.

"Whatever Aniya." I said rolling my eyes.

"Getting upset isn't good for the babies." She reminded.

"I know but I can't help but be angry. I brought a dress, shoes, got hair and nails done I brought this lingerie and I shaved. Do you know how hard it is to shave with this belly!" I said.

She looked down at hers. "I'm twenty five weeks. Trust me I know." She said causing me to laugh.

"What y'all two in here laughing bout?" My grandma said.

Over the past month my grandmother has decided to help me and keep me company by moving in with Nicholas and I. I'm actually relieved about it because when the baby gets here she will be a great help. I personally think she only wanted to move in to be closer to her White Chocolate.

"How huge we are." Aniya said.

"Yes y'all huge but y'all growing in nicely." She said.

I looked at her strangely. "Why you being so nice?" I asked.

"Because I got the results back from your doctor and he says that you've lost weight and you've been stressed a whole lot. My fat jokes make you upset Ava?" She asked me

"No. I have been eating as much as I usually do and I've been working out doing cardio and pregnancy yoga." I said.

"It's because of Nicholas grandma." Aniya said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well damn." I said looking at her.

"What white chocolate do!" She asked me. She gets real defensive when it comes to him.

"They were supposed to have date night and all that stuff and he's not showing up. Canceling on her and what not." Aniya said.

"Well why you ain't say nothing? Your dumb ass over here taking your pain out on my little grand babies." She said popping me.

"Owe grandma." I whined.

"Nope. I should beat that ass. Acting like the world gonna end. Those babies inside of you are your main priorities no matter how sexy white chocolate is." She said

"Grandma I know and I have been eating. Every night when you cook me dinner I eat as much as I can." I explained.

"Why you ain't eating it all?" She asked.

"I can't eat too much. It makes me feel sick that's why that night you made fried pork chops I was sick. I tried to eat three and mashed potatoes." I said.

"I'll let you live because I did see you trying to swallow them things whole but why you so stressed? Ain't that what that yoda mess for." She said.