Chapter 37

Nicholas's POV

On my way to the hospital, I can't help but think about what happened with Ava this morning. I felt something was off yesterday when she was being distant before the whole Derrick situation, and I know that what she said today, may have been influenced by someone who I don't know.

I never feel or felt like Ava was being selfish or thinking of herself when she said she didn't want to get married right now. I love her and she loves me, although it's crazy how everything is happening and has happened, I know that I love that woman and the baby inside of her. Whoever said something to Ava about that really got her thinking, and yes I am glad that she's telling me she's ready to marry, I'm upset that she felt obligated to say so especially when I already knew that.

"Hello." I said answering my phone.

"Hey Bro. What you up to?" Alessandro said.

"On my way to the hospital. " I said.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing man." I said.

"Something. You just ain't gonna sound like someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning. Now tell me." He urged.

"Ava's brining up this whole marriage thing and asking me if I feel like she's being selfish and all this other stuff I'm upset and a little confused about this." I said.

"What are you upset over. It was a question." He asked.

I sighed. "It was bothering her before then and she wouldn't just ask me that. Like out of the blue and if she did, she would have said something no sooner than the thought came to her mind. I don't want or need her to feel no pressure from nobody." I expressed.

He sighed. "I feel you man and I understand. I'll see if mom or anyone said something to her. Maybe you should just have a sir down with everybody about it." He suggested.

"I think you're right. I just don't need the stress." I said.

"I know man but just get ready for surgery. Chill I'll set up dinner for tonight and we will have a sit down." He said.

"This Alessandro is why you're my favorite. I love you brother." I said.

He chuckled. "You only love me when I can fix your problems." He said.

I smiled. "True but look at it this way, you keep fixing my problems and I'll love you more," I said.

He sniffled through the phone. "Is this because of your wife? Huh? Now you don't have time for me and I'm only good for you when I'm fixing this for you. I'm not some cheap whore Nicholas I am not." He said

I burst into laughter. "You're crazy bro. I'm gonna talk to you later." I said.

"Alright. I'll text you the details of tonight's dinner. Call me back to confirm love you bro and save a few lives today." He said before hanging up.

I got out of my truck grabbing my coffee and white jacket before going inside. I put my phone on vibrate and continued to my office, ready to do some good.

Ava's POV

"Hello." I said happily walking out of the doctors office.

"Hey babe. How'd it go?" Nicholas asked.

"Great. I sent the picture of the baby to you. Isn't baby so cute!" I said.

"Yeah. Baby is more than cute just like they mama." He said making smiled.

"Aww!" I said

He chuckled. "What did the doctor say?" He asked.

"That we are doing really good as far as nourishing the baby and that the morning sickness should ease up since we are out of the riskiest parts of pregnancy. He did say that I had to stop stressing though, my blood pressure was pretty high." I said.