Chapter 6

"Hello!" I said answering my office phone.

Today is my first day in business as an official business owner. I decided to listen to my father and open up my pastry shop and bakery after I got numerous orders from my dad's workers and colleagues. I made sure he didn't tell them I was his daughter so that I'd get everyone's honest opinion.

"Good Morning." My sister Aniya said through the phone.

"Hey." I said. I haven't spoken to her in what seems like forever. After the day I was released from the hospital. I needed time to distress and be to myself.

"I miss you Ava." She told me.

"I miss you too." I told her.

"Can I come over tonight?"she asked.

"Yes, I'm still at mom and dad's." I informed her.

"I know. The girls want to come too. Can they?" She asked.

"Yes. But I've got to go." I told her as a customer came into my store.

"Good Morning. Welcome to Ava Vita, I'm Ava how can I help you today? " "I said going to the front.

"Hello Ava." The man said smiling.

I smiled back. "Hello." I said.

"I'm looking for a cake. My daughters birthday is tonight, and I sort of forgot." He said.

I looked at him alarmed. "Oh my." I said looking him up and down. He's a business man of some sort.

"God I sound like a jerk. I didn't mean that. My sisters daughter and she died but I never knew about her or the child until Child Services dropped Adabelle at my door step a month ago." He explained.

"Okay, well what would you like?" I asked.

"A cake. Or whatever you can make within three to four hours and have delivered to me if possible." He said.

"Do you know what she likes? Favorite colors and her age and about how many people will you be having at her birthday function ." I asked.

"She likes pink a lot, she's gonna be four, about ten to fifteen people and she's super creative. My mother will be decorating the house with a barbie theme in mind. If that helps." He said smiling.

I smiled back." Okay, I can get something done. What kind of cake would you like?" I asked.

"Her favorite is strawberry cake or pink as she likes to call it." he said with a chuckle.

"Okay." I said quickly drawing my ideas down on paper of what I think I can do. All simple but pretty and really neat cake designs.

"I like it a lot." He said nodding.

"Okay, I'll put the order in. Fill this paper work out your name, address, phone number and spell out your baby girls name on the sheet as well please." I told him.

"Thank you. How much do I owe?" He asked

"I'm delivering so One eighty five." I said totaling the calculations.

"You're charging me 185 for that cake you just drew out?" He asked almost yelling.

I flinched a little at his loudness.

"You're a god send! The other companies are charging three hundred easily for a two tier cake with just white frosting." He said.

I laughed a little relieved. "Okay, Mr.A. I'll be at your home at an half hour to five. So I can set up the cake." I said.