Chapter 14.

Are you crazy?

"I'm more than certain you're mistaken." I said laughing.

"Ava I'm serious. Let's get married." He said.

"No. I'm not marrying you." I said

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Why should I marry you Nicholas? What is wrong with you?" I asked him.

"You should marry me for our baby. I'm italian, we do not have children out of wedlock. My mother will have my head." He said.

"This isn't about your mother! This is about the baby I'm carrying and what's best for him or her." I said

"Exactly why we should get married. This isn't ideal for you, this whole baby mama baby daddy thing and it's out of the question for me. We raise our child in one house. We could be one family." He said.

"What you're forgetting is being happy Nicholas. Do you really want to commit to spending the rest of your life with me because I'm pregnant? Is that really what you want?" I asked him.

"Yes, because I want the best for you and our child, and you do too. Our baby will not be a bastard Ava. Even if that means I take you kicking and screaming to the alter." He said. .

I sighed. "I'll think about it." I said getting out of his car, walking towards my house.

He ran up to me, turning me around so that I'd face him."You'll really think about it?" He asked.

"Yes Nicholas. I'll think about it." I sighed, getting my keys out to open the door.

I've never heard of any man being so eager a woman who is basically taking their freedom away. Almost like this is what he wanted to happen.

He grabbed my neck, kissing me hard, I moaned in his mouth, kissing him back. "I'll see you tomorrow beautiful." He said kissing my forehead and walked away. I was stunned at his action, but so not surprised at my body's reaction to him.

I sighed watching as his car drove away I made my way upstairs, and into my bedroom. I took off my heels knowing that I won't be wearing them again for a few months.

I turned my light on, to see Aniya sitting in the dark in my room.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked her.

"I was waiting up for you." She said.

"In the dark Niya? Really?" I asked.

"Yes, now tell me how it went!" She said.

I sighed plopping down on the bed. "He asked me to marry him." I said.

"What!" She asked.

"Yup, and I'm gonna do it." I said.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Marriage is for life." She told me.

"I know. And?" I asked.

"And you're supposed to marry for
Love." Aniya told me.

"Listen, everybody isn't like you and Jonathan. I'm not gonna have a perfect love story like you. At this point in my life, I'm worried about stability and what's best for my child. Marrying Nicholas will get me great stability and ensure my baby a normal childhood. Like we had." I explained.

"Ava, it's not right." She said shaking her head.

"I'm not asking for your approval Aniya. For once in my life I'm not thinking with my heart. I'm thinking with my head and I am not about to risk this baby not having the best possible because I'm searching for something that I know I will never get." I said.

"Think about love. Use your heart Ava." She told me.

"For what Aniya! Where the hell has my heart gotten me? I lost a child, got cheated on and got the shit beat out of me everyday. That's where my heart has gotten me! I'm not you Aniya." I all but screamed at her.

"So you're settling?" She asked clenching her jaw.

"No. I'm being a mother." I said.

What everyone seems to forget, is that I've given up on love a long time ago. The moment I truly recognized that Derrick and al the others would always hurt me. Not everybody ends up with a happily ever after, a loving husband and a beautiful happy kid. If I'm gonna take this chance, I know for sure that I'll have a beautiful, happy child at the end of it, and that's all I've ever wanted.

A/N

20-25 comments