Chapter 23

"Well Congratulations you two you are in fact pregnant. The other doctor has switched over all the tests records from what you had done including necessary test that you all requested and you have an almost perfect bill of health." Dr. Waffa said.

I left the first doctors office after my check up because the women was very rude and told me not that I was plus size or overweight but fat once she saw Nicholas leave the room.

On top of that she kept calling my baby am embryo. It may just sound crazy but I feel as though yes, you're being medically correct but it shows that you don't cafe about me or my baby, so if we are experiencing difficulty, just because my baby is to you an embryo you don't care. I may sound a tad paranoid but I need who ever will be my OBGYN to be extremely caring and passionate when it comes to my child and I.

"And by almost perfect you mean?" Dr. Arrigucci asked.

Yes, he's in official doctor mood. He's being super protective daddy and also inquiring about a number of things that are happening. When I was ready to go from the other office he understood where I was coming from and supported me with leaving the doctors office.

"Well in her urine we found signs of dehydration. This is something to be concerned with because Dehydration is the result of your body losing water faster than you are taking it in, which for anyone is a serious problem but for a woman going through pregnancy, especially in the first trimester is a big deal because water plays an important role in the development of your baby. Water helps to form the placenta, which is baby's nutrients during pregnancy." She explained.

"So what's the risk of experiencing dehydration during pregnancy?" I asked.

"Dehydration can lead to serious pregnancy complications. Neural tube defects, low amniotic fluid, low breast milk production, and more than likely premature labor. Most times these risks lead to birth defects." He explained.

I nodded my head taking it in. He explained to drink plenty of water, at least 12 glasses a day and to try and avoid caffeine with no more than 8 oz a day.

He went over everything, from what I shouldn't eat, to work out and travel tips, discomforts of early pregnancy and when I should call him.

"Lift your legs up here." He said. "This is the fun part for you mommy." He said.

He explained to us that this. Ultrasound is to figure out my due date and to also confirm that this is in fact a uterine pregnancy and make sure that the baby is having heartbeat.

I smiled at that. "Now just because I gave you advice on what symptoms to look out for, you can always call me, my work like is connected to my personal line so even at two in the morning, you think you're experiencing something that's not right, you let me know and I'll walk you through that. Dad, you see anything that raises an eyebrow for you from the standpoint of a husband and a doctor don't hesitate to call." He said all while preparing his equipment.

"That is your baby." He said once I was all set up and the equipment was turned on.

Although we couldn't see much what I did see, made it so much more real. Like in this moment, I am really going to be a mommy.

"Oh my god Nicholas." I said causing him to clutch my hand in support.

"This is the abdominal wall here. The head, limbs are growing in nicely. " he said. "Would you like to hear the heart beat?" He asked.

I couldn't even answer, I was bathed in tears, so Nicholas answered for me. The baby sounded so good, beating hard and strong.

"The baby is at 162 per minute. Would you like pictures?" He asked.