Chapter 21

Shout out to AuthoressYasmine
for making the new cover for this book' thank you boo!

"Hello." I said answering my phone.

"Ava. Where are you?" Nicholas asked me on the phone.

"I'm in the back of the restaurant. Hurry please I'm hungry." I said.

"Alright." He said and hung up.

It's been about a week or so since the accident and I'm now 8 weeks pregnant. The day after the big blow up at my house, Jonathan called me, explaining everything about the ring and exactly what was said. It turns out that the ring was just ready. Nicholas had in fact brought the ring a day after he 'proposed' and the jeweler confirmed that it was coming into the states.

Nicholas was gone for a few days to Italy, and that included the day of our baby's first prenatal appointment. It hurt so much because I thought he would show especially being that he was so excited for it. I guess I deserved that, and everyone around me thought so as well. My mother told me that because I keep pushing Nicholas away and acting like a single parent, that's what I'll end up being.

"Hey." I said as he sat down.

"Hello." He said.

The waitress came and took our orders, and I ended up ordering a soup. Lately I haven't been able to keep much down.

"That's all you're gonna eat?" He asked me.

"It's hard to keep food down." I told him honestly.

He sighed. "Is this what you've been eating like since I've left!" He asked annoyed.

"Nicholas I try to eat but I can't. Everything I eat, I spit it right back up. Your mom even made me the chicken and vegetables like I like and I couldn't keep it down. " I expressed.

No matter what, when Nicholas would make me sautéed veggies and baked chicken I'd be fine. It was literally the only thing I ate and the baby wasn't having it when his or hers Nonna made it.

"You and my mother had lunch?"
He asked.

"Yeah, I was looking for you. I couldn't find you and the guys aren't talking to me right now so I tried reaching out to your mom." I told him.

He chuckled. "They were with me, except Jonathan." He said.

"Oh okay." I said nodding my head.

"So what's up? What did you need to say to me?" He asked.

"I needed to say that I apologize for being a jerk. I was wrong and I jumped to conclusions. I'm really sorry Nicholas" I said.

He sighed. "Did you ever think about how I felt in this situation? I'm going through a lot too and I'm trying with you. You're being insecure and it's making it so much harder for me to love you."

"I know. It's just scary. Everything is. One second I'm done with all this love stuff and then you come, and show me that you care and you love me. I just thought that I don't know" I said tears soaking my face.

He sighed. "Baby what are you crying for?" He asked.

"It's only been a few days and I'm a wreck with out you. I really need you and I love you. I shouldn't have said what I said it was stupid and not true." I said trying not to completely break down in this damn restaurant.

He got up from his seat. 'He's leaving me.' I instantly freaked out.

He walked towards me and kneeled on his knee. He wiped the tears from my face. "I know this is hard for you. All of it dealing with everything, but understand that I'm going through a lot as well. I need you just as much as you need me if not more. I love you. More than anything just for you being you, without you being pregnant with my child. Just you alone being Ava alone and you need to understand that." he said looking at me sternly.