Chapter 25

Nicholas's POV

"Baby." I said answering the phone.

"Hello." A voice I knew wasn't Ava's rang through my phone

"What's wrong?" I asked already getting out of bed

"She's sick and she's asking for you. I'm trying but I don't know what to do ." He said.

"I'm on my way." I said

"Okay." He said and I heard her begin to gag.

"Mr. Smith put her on the phone." I said putting sweats over my basketball shorts.

"Hello." She said

"Hold on babe. You want me to stay on the phone?" I asked putting on my tshirt and putting on my sneakers.

"Please." She said and went back to throwing up.

I made it to her house in twenty minutes flat. I knocked on the door hectically and her father opened the door letting me know she was upstairs.

I climbed the stairs, and as I did so I heard her gagging more and more.
I freaked out seeing her like this.
I quickly got her hair and her medicine she left at my house.

"What can I do to help?" Her father asked.

"That soup I left downstairs, warm it up sir please. Also some Ginger tea, and a Gatorade." I told him.

He nodded his head and rushed downstairs. I soon grabbed the oil I mixed up of aroma therapy scents that helped relax her and gave her the bottle. She put it to her nose breathing it in.

"A little better?" I asked

"Mmhm." She said.

"Alright." I said. Luckily, she didn't get any throw up on her clothes and didn't pee on herself this time so when it was time to get cleaned up, I only washer her face and brushed her teeth.

"Your dad is coming up with your soup okay?" I said.

"Yeah Nicholas. Thank you for coming so late. Well early." She said.

I looked over at the time and saw that it's a quarter past three

"I'd do anything for you babe. Hell I wish I could take this morning sickness crap away." I said.

"The baby only acts right when you're around. I swear." She said

It made me proud that the baby did that to be around daddy. It makes me proud that I can be the father mine was to me. I think that's what motivates me to be a better man and so compassionate and loving to Ava.

"That's because the baby wants to always be with daddy. " I said smiling.

She rolled her eyes. "thats more reason why we should be living together and not separate." She said

I sighed. "You're so right baby." I said.

"Knock knock." Her father said before coming into the room cutting our conversation short. I quickly got off of the bed, and sat on the foot of it being respectful.

I know Mr. Smith isn't the biggest fan of me, and being that I'm trying to make amends between us and I know I'm treading on thin ice, I moved. Ava sucked my teeth when she saw me get up so quick.

"No need to stand up son. I know you two are together. Thank you for coming over. All she kept saying was get Nicholas, so I thank you for that." He said.

I nodded my head. "No thanks to me, I love Ava and the baby so it was really no trouble coming." I said.

He nodded his head. "Well Princess, your food." He said sitting it down. She said thank you daddy in the sweetest voice you would have thought she was a child.