Chapter 39

"Ava Vitas, my name is Ava how may I help you." I said answering the phone.

"Yes, I ordered three cakes from you and they are not here!" Someone yelled through the phone.

"I'm sorry ma'am. What was your order?" I asked stunned.

For the last week and a half it's just been me in the shop so nothing should be missing or fine unnoticed.

"I had two three tier vanilla with cannoli mouse cakes and also a Pink Velvet Vodka infused cake." She said.

"And what bakery was this for?" I asked.

"Nana Rita's. You've been doing cakes for me forever." She said.

"No ma'am. This is Ava Vita. I just opened a few months back. I'm sorry about your cakes, if you ever need a pastry chef again I can assist you with that" I said

"Thank you because these people don't know how to act. I'm sorry for being loud. Have a nice day miss." She said.

"Its perfectly fine. You have a nice day as well." I said before hanging up.

I hung up the phone and placed my coat on. The shop is officially closed until we get back from Italy, and I also have my last doctors appointment before we leave. Tonight is also the bachelorette party and I am excited about that.

"Hello." I said.

"Hey baby." Nicholas's voice came through the phone.

Him and all his cousins went to Vegas for their bachelor party. They said if was fun and spent a whole weekend so I haven't seen my baby because of back to back surgeries this week and also me having to run the shop all alone with Tyla's daughter sick and Anna on her baby moon.

"Hey Nic." I said wanting to cry.

"What's wrong Ava?" He asked.

"Nothing I'm just happy to hear from you. It feels like forever." I said dabbing my tears away.

"Baby, calm down, I'm here now. I'm outside and waiting for you. " he said.

"Okay." I said. "I'm coming out now."

I walked out of the shop happy and excited to see Nicholas. I kissed his lips when I got inside and hugged him.

"I missed you too." He chuckled causing me to giggle.

"I missed you more." I said and looked at the clock."Let's go check on the baby before we miss the late night" I said.

He nodded and started the car. He caught up with my new eating habits and feelings. He's been so concerned and so interested in the conversation the whole ride to the doctors office.

"Arrigucci." He said giving the woman his name.

She smiled and told him five minutes and we should be inside. We happily sat, and waited for the doctor. Once we were called to the back,

"Ava and Nicholas. My two most favorite and inquisitive people to ever visit!" Doctor Waffa said earning a hearty laugh from Nicholas

"We just wanted to make sure it was okay to go out of the country and if it's okay for the festivities ahead. My brother and her sister are marrying and we want to know that we are clear to do all activities so we don't risk the baby's health in anyways."Nicholas explained.

He nodded. "I ynderstand completely. I'm gonna give you Ava, a check up." He said causing me to nod my head.

Once he was done with the check up and he showed us the baby, I got dressed and we sat in his office.

"Ava, with the tests I ran I've decided that although you can fly too much excitement would be a lot for you. Try and relax and stay calm. Tonight, and tomorrow strict bed rest. You're eleven weeks pregnant and you're blood pressure is very high. We are still in the first trimester and we don't want anything to happen to the baby so we have to be very careful correct?" He asked.

I nodded my head and sighed as Nicholas hand tightened around my hand.

"She's the maid of honor and is supposed to be going to the bachelorette party, is that completely out of the question?" Nicholas asked.

"Unfortunately so, I'm sorry Ava but your blood pressure is way too high especially being in your first trimester I'm not wanting to chance it." He said.

I sighed and nodded my head. Once we got into the truck, and made our way to our house I knew that this wasn't going to go over well with Aniya.

"I'm sorry Ava." Nicholas said. "I know you wanted to go and have a nice time with your sister."

"Yeah. But the baby's health is way more important." I said.

He nodded in agreement and held onto my hand.

Once we were home, I got all of the things I had set for the night and decided to finish the gift bags and itinerary. It lists a bunch of cliche things to do for a Bachelorette party that the bride and the girls had to do together.

"Baby, the girls are here." Nicholas said.

I sighed nodding my head. "Okay, grab the bags baby."

I made my way downstairs putting all the stuff in my hand behind my back.

"Hey y'all!" I said hugging them all.

"Hey Ava." My sister said.

I smiled giving her her veil and a blowup male doll cuffing it to her.

"Okay ladies, in this bag, is a few treats and props for you alls itinerary. " I said with a smile.

"Ava, why you not dressed?" Christian asked.

"I'm not coming." I said biting my lip.

Aniya looked at me. "You're kidding right?" She asked.

"I wish I was. I can't come. I went to the doctors since our flight is tomorrow afternoon just to make sure everything was okay with the baby and he said my blood pressure is way too high." I said.

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Aniya." I said.

"No. Forget it." She said. "I'm ready to go. Now." She said.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You, you are my problem." She exasperated.

"How am I your problem. I did nothing to you." I said.

"That's the thing. You haven't done anything. Screw it. Y'all lets go." She said leaving out of my house slamming the door.

Did this heffa just slam my front door?

"Baby, no." Nicholas said before I made my way outside.

"No Nicholas." I said snatching away from him and opening the door and running out.

I made it outside and to the party bus I got her and opened the door.

"Aniya I understand you want me to be here but to slam my damn door running out like a little kid is not cool." I said

"Ava please. Go back inside the house." Tyla said while Christian tried to calm Aniya down.

"You know what Aniya, you're impossible and ungrateful!" I yelled to her.

"And you're selfish." She said.

"I'm selfish? Me? If I'm selfish you're egotistical, self centered and egomaniacal!" I yelled to her.

"Ava you haven't been here for me my whole wedding process and you're supposed to be my maid of honor!" She told me.

"You know what every time I tried to ell you you pushed me away! At this point I don't care screw you and your stupid wedding. Make Christian your maid of honor because I'm not getting on the plane." I said before getting off the bus and going back into the house slamming the door.

Ugh!

A/N

Ayeeeee 45 comments people!