Chapter 32

"Mommy!" I said yelling out.

"My baby. I was so worried about you. Didn't I tell you to call?" She asked hugging me.

"Yes ma'am. We were having such a great time. It passed mind." I said.

"A great time huh?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. Now what would you like for us to do?" I asked.

"Nicholas baby gon and start peeling potatoes, Ava did you do that cake and pie like I asked?" She said.

"Yes mommy. Oh baby remind me that I have cannoli's for your mom too." I said looking back at him.

He nodded. "Okay."

"Well then Ava check up on the chickens in the oven. It's some steak in there too." She said.

When my momma haas people over for Sunday dinner, it's a lot different then any other day. Sunday dinner, is bigger, more food and more prep.

We'd spent about an hour finishing everything.

"Mash those sweet potatoes." My mom told me. "I'm gonna go change really quick and then help you thank you baby."

I sighed and nodded. My mother is so pressed to make sure the Arriguccis are satisfied. Now that her and Mama A are besties, she now tries to make sure that her bestie is comfy in her home and likes the food. Before she knew her she didn't really care.

Once they got here, they all sat around the table and talked while I, just made sure all the food was together. I walked into the dining room with two trays in my hand.

"Hey Ava. Let me help you with that." Alex said.

"Sure." I said giving him the tray.

"Yeah, so much weight on your left hand maybe too much." He said looking at my ring.

I laughed. "Shut up and help me with the rest of this food." I said.

"Alright alright." He said.

When we sat down, I looked at everything. Fried Chicken, Steak, Fish ,Baked Chicken, Potato Salad, Roasted Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, mixed vegetables and spinach.

After prayer, we all sat down to talk and have dinner.

"So Ava I'm starting to see the bump." Mama A said.

I smiled. "Yeah. It's growing in." I said.

"So, did you two decide on what you would like for the baby to be?"
His mom asked.

"No, um where is Aniya and Jonathan?" I asked.

"They went away. Just Aniya, Jonathan and Adabelle." Luca said.

I nodded my head. She didn't tell me she was going anywhere. Maybe she just forgot.

"I'm gonna go get dessert." I said.

"Okay I'll help." Luca said.

I nodded my head and led him to the kitchen.

"The cake is on the counter. Pie is in the oven." I said getting plates and forks

"Okay. What did you make this time?" He asked

"A pie and a cake." I said.

"You know what I mean." He said.

"I made a gooey butter cake and apple pie." I said.

"Sounds good." He said.

"Yeah, get the ice cream and whipped cream please." I said.

"Got it." He responded and grabbed everything leaving me with plates, ice cream and whipped cream.

"So do you ever want to get married?" He asked. "Because Nicholas wants to. Has always wanted to and he's actually pulling every stop in his power." He said.

"I do want to get married. All I've ever wanted was to have a family but it's wrong to get married because of a baby." I said.

"But if you love him it's not for the baby."

I sighed. "We want to take things at our pace.

"Or is it all your pace. Not thinking about him.

"Look, our relationship has very little to do with you. I get where the concern for him is coming from but you don't have to worry about me." I said.

"You're right. I was just curious." He said.

"Curiosity killed the cat." I said.

We went back into the dining room, and everyone was chatting to themselves.

"Here y'all go." I said sitting it down.

"Oh my god. Is that a ring? As in a ring for engagement!" My mom yelled causing Nicholas's mom to grab my hand and scream.

"It's a ring! Oh thank god they are getting married!" His mom all but cried.

"We aren't engaged." I said.

"It's a promise ring." Nicholas said.

"That's one hell of a promise." Alessandro said earning a slap from his father.

"Watch it." He warned Alex.

"A promise ring. I gave a girl a promise ring in fifth grade. " Luca laughed.

Their father glared at Luca, and said something in italian making him shut up.

"It's a pre engagement ring. Ava and I aren't exactly ready for marriage but we love each other. The purpose the ring is to promise my love and loyalty. My faithfulness." He said.

"Nicholas that is so sweet. When you two actually engage how will you ever top this ring. It's beautiful" my mom said.

"Thank you." He said.

"Which brings us to what we have to talk about next. We've found a house. We will be moving into." Nicholas said.

"Oh really? When?" His mother asked.

"Some time within the next two months." I said.

"Wait, I though you would stay until the baby is born." My mom said.

"We decided we don't want to wait too long. We have the house, why not move in." Nicholas said.

My mom nodded. "Okay. Well when you all move in, let us know. Your uncle has to come bless the house." My mom said.

"Okay." I nodded cutting pieces of pie and cake for everyone.

"Baby, the cannoli's." Nicholas reminded

"Right." I said. "Finish cutting. I'll go get it." I said.

"No, it's cool I'll get it." He said.

I nodded and sat down.

"I made cannoli's, I did it a different way and these are especially for you Mrs. Arrigucci." I said.

"Well I can't wait to try them." She said.

I nodded and smiled at her.

The rest of dinner went by pretty fast,
But for some reason, the altercation with Luca replayed in my mind troubling me a bit.

A/N

Last updates comments weren't that great. I got maybe 20. Y'all comment more so I can update more.

45 comments minimum for next update