Chapter 38

I shook my head, watching her leave and vanish down the street. Someone grabbed my arm.

"It's okay sweetie. She will come around." My mom said.

I nodded. "I wish she could see how strong she really is. What about her family, her friends, her children. Hell what about her?" I asked.

"Shh baby girl all you can do is encourage her to get out and be there for her when she needs it. I know this may sound strange to befriend your abusers wife but she will eventually be coming back to you, and you'll have to be able to help her."
She spoke.

I nodded. "I just wish this wasn't the case. I wish she could see it because I didn't and I don't want her to get as bad as I did and she's pregnant and has those kids in the house." I shook my head.

"Ava you can not help someone who isn't ready to be helped yet. It doesn't work that way." She said.

I nodded my head. "You're right. I remember when I was like her." I said.

"Yeah, and you got out. I prayed for you day and night that it would work itself out and it has. Accept that and continue to do what you have to do to make sure when she does come to you in need of help you can." She said.

I nodded. "You're right mommy. Thanks." I said.

"Mhm you're welcome now let's get to baking so we can go and get ready for dinner. The sooner this is over the sooner you can get to your P.T. with your man." She winked.

I smiled and blushed mildly. "Let's get to it then." I said.

She laughed and helped me get to work.

Once I was done with work, we headed to her house and got dressed. I went for a causal look of Boyfriend jeans, a white tshirt and a red blazer with nude flats.

"Ava! Come on down!"my mom said as I stuffed my over night bag.

"Coming." I yelled as I made my way downstairs.

Once we reached the Arrigucci home we were greeted warmly as usual.

"Hey Niya." I said hugging her.

"Hey Ava." She smiled.

"What's been up with you?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just getting ready for the wedding." She said.

"Yeah, about that. What happened to dress fitting?" I asked.

She nodded. "We did the fitting. Just Tyla, Christian and I." She said.

I looked at her. "I'm the maid of honor. Why did you do it without me?" I asked.

"You said you'd be busy Ava." She reminded.

"Yes and I said that if you didn't get an earlier time to call me and I'd come. Since you didn't call I thought you scheduled a new time." I said

"I couldn't let you do that. You had to check on the baby." She said.

"Whatever Aniya. I could have pushed the appointment. It wouldnt have been a big deal especially because Nicholas didn't come." I said.

"Well next time I know." She said.

I nodded and went to the table. Something has been up with her lately. It's annoying and aggravating because she's being so distant. We are usually super close.

"Hey y'all." Nicholas said walking through the door of the dining room

I smiled when he came and kissed my cheek.

"Hey baby." I responded.

"Hey. Hey." He said going from my stomach and then to my face.

Everyone had sat down and we talked a bit about the wedding, the color theme is gold and green and the ceremony will be small, with just family and a reception big with all extended family and friends involved.

"My first boy getting married. I'm so happy." Ms. A smiled at Aniya and Jonathan.

We talked more about the wedding until Nicholas was asked why we had come together.

"Nicholas you scheduled this meet up?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, I did. Ava and I had a um conversation today. She said that she was in fact ready to marry me." He said causing his mother to gasp and smile brightly. He's not about to propose! I look a mess. "However I feel it was a little forced. Now, if you have had a conversation with Ava regarding us and our relationship and her supposed selfishness for her not wanting to marry me just yet I would just like to say that we are very happy and this is one of the most happiest times in my life. Ava and I aren't ready 200 percent. That's where we need to be because marriage or relationship period is both of us giving our al, and not splitting it fifty fifty. Please appreciate and respect that." He said.

I smiled at his speech and once he was done, he sat down next to me kissing my cheek.

The fact that he remember something as small as someone saying something that would alter my thinking made me feel even more secure in our relationship. This man really loves, and appreciate me and I appreciate him just as much.

Once dinner was over, I was excited to get to our house. Once we got outside, we ran straight to our honed room showering and getting ready for night time.

"Baby!" I yelled jumping in bed.

"Hmm." He numbered.

"What you doing? I know you aren't sleeping!" I said.

"I'm tired baby." He whined.

"But Nicholas." I whined. "I have to tell you about my day and you tell me about yours." I said.

He smiled at me brightly. "Okay, what's been up?" He asked opening his arms so I could get them. I slid I between his arms and let one of my legs go in between his two.

I kissed his lips first and began, I told him about everything g Ani, and how bad I felt.

"Well baby, what can you really do but be a support system for her if she ever comes out of this relationship or needs to get away." He said.

"Yeah, well I hope she's gonna be okay." I said.

"Baby I understand but know that you're not mother Teresa or god . You can't fix every problem." He said.

I kissed his lips again and he smiled kissing me back. "You're so right, but I see her inside of me and I just want everything for her to work out. Imagine four children witnessing their mother be dragged and beat by their father. That can leave true damage because his son will think that's okay and those girls will think that's love." I said.

He sighed tracing my lips with his finger. "All we can do at this point is pray. He's in jail now so she'll be okay for a while, meanwhile we can try talking with her and praying "

I nodded. "You're right. Thank you."

"You're welcome baby love." I smiled him kissing him as well.

"I love you more." I said making him smile.

A/N

40 comments. Let me know what y'all think!