Chapter 52

I sighed shifting in bed. The pain woke me up and it feels like it's absolutely nothing I can do.

It's been a few days since Nicholas took me out on that date and we had a great time. I enjoyed spending time with him and every since he has been wonderful. Helping me out, going to different classes with me and we have been going on dates just to make sure that we are in a good space because he says we won't be able to do so when the baby gets here so we need to do it now.

"Nicholas." I said shaking him. I can't take this pain any more.

"Mm" he groaned.

"Nicholas wake up please." I said desperately feeling myself want to cry.

"Good Morning." Nicholas said kissing my shoulder

"Good Morning. "

"What's wrong" he asked me pecking me.

"My belly hurts." I groaned.

"It hurts? How?" He asked quickly getting out of bed."

"It hurts babe. It hurts." I said getting scared.

"Can you get up? I'm calling the doctor." He said.

I nodded my head rolling over in bed and getting out.

The pain in my belly was persistent but not what was described as contractions.
I quickly washed up and got dressed.

"Doctor Waffa said to meet him at the hospital." Nicholas said getting into a pair of sweats.

I nodded my head and he came around putting socks and slides on my feet.

Feeling nervous I decide ex to call my mother.

"Mommy." I said answering the phone.

"What's wrong?" My father said.

"Daddy put mommy on the phone please." I said.

My mother is the one you go to when you want to hear everything's going to be okay and the one you go to when you want to be soothed. My father does the samething but just when he's holding you in his arms saying nothing at all.

"Yes baby?" She asked.

"Mommy I'm going to the hospital. I woke up feeling pain in my belly and I'm scared." I sniffled.feeling the tears come down.

"Baby calm down okay? You'll be fine." She told me.

"It doesn't feel like it. What if it's happening again?" I asked her.

"Don't talk like that babe." Nicholas said tightening his grip on my hand.

"You are going to be fine. You hear me? Fine." She told me.

"Yes ma'am." I said nodding.

"Take big deep breaths. Daddy and I are going to meet you at the hospital. Which one are you going to?" She asked.

"Valley." I said knowing that Nicholas would only take me to one of the best.

"Alright baby. We will see you." She said.

"Okay mama." I said.

I rubbed across my belly. Deeply breathing in and out. The last thing I want or need right now is to freak out. I listened to my mother as she prayed for the baby and I and I couldn't help but cry.

As a mother the only thing you want to do is keep your baby healthy and safe. I can't seem to do that ever. Maybe being a mother isn't something I'm good at or something I deserve maybe it's not meant for me to have children.

"Come on Ava." Nicholas said with the passenger door wide open. "Baby everything is gonna be okay. You hear me?" He asked.

I nodded not really believing what he was saying.

He kissed my head helping me out of the truck.

Nicholas's POV

"So what's going on?" I asked the doctor.

"So after running a few tests on her we concluded that everything seems to be fine and she and the baby is relatively healthy. Cramping is normal along with abdominal pain especially after sexual intercourse and other strenuous activities. This in your case, from what you have told me looks to me as though it's a combination of things including the fact that your uterus congratulations mommy is finally expanding how it should be, your ligaments are stretching and your organs are shifting along with the fact that you two lead a healthy sexual life which is perfectly fine." Dr. Waffa said.

"So why is it that now she's experiencing this pain? She didn't have this problem before." I asked.

I looked at Ava with a smile on my face. She didn't care about anything after hearing the baby was okay. The smile she usually had on her face gracefully returned and she looked down at her belly rubbing it carefree like.

"Well for one it's that her uterus is expanding at the rate that it should now that she's at the ending of the first half of pregnancy, and it may also be that you two have found your second trimester mojo and have been enjoying each other so much." He said.

"So should we not have sex?" I asked.

"Oh no sex is fine. Sex is great. We want you two to have sex. Be a little more gentle if you have a lot of stamina and usually go for two or three rounds back to back then take breaks in between them because we don't want her to cramp up like she did today." He explained.

I nodded my head. "Well thank you Doc." I said.

"Oh no problem. See you two at the next appointment and also to help with the pain drink lots of fluids." He smiled and then left the room.

"I was nervous." Ava said as she got dressed to leave.

"Yes I know you were. I could see it all in your face. I'm glad everything's okay." I told her helping her with her socks and nike slides.

"You know I never leave out the house like this. I could have put o. Flip flops." She laughed.

"Well I was nervous and I grabbed them randomly." I told her smirking as I put both her socks on and then her slides kissing her belly and then her cheek.

"I love you Ava." I told her.

She looked me in the eyes, and held my face while kissing my lips. "I love you too."

"We should probably get going our parents are outside waiting." I said and pecked her lips.

She nodded and we left out of the hospital room going to the front desk and signing her out.

"What happened?" My dad said standing up along with my mother and Ava's parents.

"Abdominal pain. He said in our case it's perfectly fine and the babies are healthy. We just have to make sure we are careful and she drinks lots of fluids"
I said.

He nodded. "Oh thank god. We were so worried." My mother said kissing and hugging Ava.

"He also said to take it easy so don't have her all around town not hydrated and what not." I warned.

"Yes Doctor." My mother said teasingly and I nodded assertively tugging at my imaginary white coat.

"So we are good? We can go home?" Her father asked.

"I can you aren't. Mommy is gonna make us all breakfast." Ava said.

"What you want for breakfast?" Ava's mom asked.

"Salmon Cakes and grits." She said as we walked out the door the women walked ahead of me.

"So if we all come to your house would it be easier for you to sneak away?" Mr. Smith asked.

"Yes sir. Is everyone awake and doing they job?" I asked referring to the guys who's help us

"Yes. They are."

"Alright. Let's get this show on the road." I said and we separated getting in our vehicles.

A/N

35 comments