Chapter 53

"Mommy get the bag please." I asked her.

"Mmhm. You just gon inside." She said and I nodded my head.

When I got inside I saw my grandmother with her hair pulled into a tight bun running around the hits in a little Victoria secret pajama pants set and a silk little robe.

"Grandma what you doing?" I asked her.

"Girl I was looking for you!" She yelled. "I ain't no what happened. I thought you done went and had the babies without me. I was calling you all types of heffas and I threatened to send white chocolate divorce papers." she said shaking her head.

I shook my head. "No granny we just went to the hospital." I said walking towards the kitchen and getting the veggies out for my salmon cakes.

"Well what happened because you still look pregnant as hell." She said pointing in my face and touching my nose. I rolled my eyes she always talking about how far out my nose is spread.

"I am pregnant. I was feeling some pain and-" she cut me off.

"That's from all that sex you and white chocolate be having. He always got you calling out his name and Jesus too. I knew from the other night he had to have been knocking something out of its frame the way you was hollering." She said just as my daddy came inside of the kitchen.

"That's something I'd rather not hear about my daughter." My father said putting down the donut he had in his hand.

"Ohh I'll take that." I said snatching it from the counter top.

"Oh hush it up. I used to hear you two all the time. She called you daddy more than your daughters do." My granny said pointing in between my parents.

"Grandma." I whined. "My donut." I said when she took it from me.

"Mind your elders." She smirked.

I whined. "But I'm pregnant." I said.

"I'm still older than both of you and without me neither of you would even be here." She winked when she saw I was stumped.

I poured folding my arms over my chest. I can not believe she took my freshly glazed damn donut!

"Oh hush that shit up I only wanted two bites." She said returning the quarter of a donut to me with a mouth full.

"No worries Ava baby girl we got you and the baby two dozen." Vinny said.

"Thank you papa." I said happily clapping as he sat the box of donuts in front of me.

"Uth-uh. Nope." Nicholas said coming into the kitchen and swiping away my donuts.

"Nicholas stop playing!" I yelled to him feeling upset.

He laughed. "What you need two dozen donuts for?" He asked me

"I'm eating for three people here." I said pointing to my belly

"Our little ones don't need to be ten pounds." He glared at me.

"Well the babies mother is fat and she wants donuts damn it!" I said angry.

"How about you can have four donuts and only one salmon cake." He bargained.

"Nicholas now isn't the best time to try this with me. I've been up since early morning with a whole lot of pain and I want to eat let me."
I said.

"It's not healthy babe."He insisted.

I felt a burst of emotions and I knew it was coming. Tears.

I sighed getting my big ass out of my seat.

"Ava." He called after me.

"Ava baby!" He yelled following me through the house. I got into our bedroom and slammed the door in his face.

"Baby I'm sorry." He said

"N-no. I-I mean I get it bu-but you hurt my feelings when you do that to me. I want to eat. It makes me happy and the babies too and you just won't let me live." I said through my tears.

"Okay I'm sorry I just want them to be as healthy as possible as long with yourself. I don't want anything to happen to you. That little thing this morning scared me and I don't want to go to the hospital with or for you unless you having the babies so please be careful." He said.

I nodded my head whipping my tears. "D-do you think it's more than that? Like I'm really big." I asked my feelings and vulnerability level is high.

"No baby I love you. I don't care if you are big, it's how I met you and it's how I like you as long as you're healthy. That's all I want for you and the twins Ava." He said rubbing my belly.

I nodded in understanding. "I get it I'm sorry I know I sound really insecure." I admitted

He shrugged. "I am madly in love with you woman so it's no need to feel that way. I love you flaws and all." He said looking me straight in the eyes.

I nodded not too confident in his words, he searched my eyes, and I guess he sensed that because he kissed me passionately.

"To show you how much I love you and how much I care how about I take you out tonight?" He asked.

I shook my head. "How about we stay in." I said.

"No. I want to go out and show the world my sexy ass girlfriend. I already have your outfit picked out." He bargained.

So I smiled at him earning an even brighter one. "Okay, then I'd love to go out on a date with you."

He nodded. "Thank you." I said.

A/N

35 comments