Chapter 45

"Hey pumpkin." I said kissing Nicholas lips.

"Hey Ava." He said kissing my lips.

"So what were the results from the doctor? Did you talk to him?" I asked putting my seat belt on.

"Yeah, he said we are having Monochorionic twins." He smiled. "That's great and we don't have such a risk like Monoamniotic twins do. I prayed about it last night." He said.

"Babe, I'm not a doctor speak English please." I said.

He smiled over at me. "I'm sorry, we are having monochorionic twins which means the twins share placenta and chorionic sac but have their own amniotic sac. So they are identical but they don't share the amniotic sac like the Monoamniotic twins. Those twins have a 50% chance at dying due to umbilical cord entanglement." He said.

"Oh well thank god. I would be walking on egg shells the whole pregnancy and I really want to enjoy each and every part of this pregnancy." I told him holding his hand.

"We are gonna enjoy this pregnancy and each and every one after this." He said kissing my lips.

"I agree. God I can't wait to tell our parents we are gonna have twins!" I said clapping happily.

"We should wait to tell our parents and everybody else about the twins." Nicholas said.

"What you mean?" I asked scrunching up my nose.

"Meaning don't tell them it's twins until your gender reveal thing.." He said.

"It's our reveal. Not mine. Our." I said.

"Yes baby, our." He said nodding.

"So don't say it like it's just my baby." I glared.

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean it like that." He said.

"No Nicholas. You said it like it's just my babies I'm carrying. Our. Don't start that me, you stuff. Since we found out about this pregnancy it's always been us, and we. Don't start that your shit." I snapped.

"I get it, it was a mistake. But I don't want to have a gender reveal. I want to know what the babies will be." he explained.

"Quit making mistakes like that." I glared at him.

He sighed and looked at me. "Ava. We talked about how you talk to me."

"We talked about avoiding saying stupid shit to me too." I snapped.

"Bae, I said your because I don't want to have one. That's why I said it's yours because it's not something I want to partake in." He said.

"These are your babies, that you put in me so nothing is an I when it comes to these babies growing inside of me it's us." I said.

"Alright Ava, I'm trying to fix a problem that we are having because our communication is starting to get worse and worse, and I already told you that it was something I said because I don't want to have the thing. It wasn't like I was saying the twins aren't mine or that they are just yours. That was not my intention." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said as he drove on.

"I get it babe, but when the kids get here, you can't talk to me like that. I'm being considerate because I know everything's going on but the disrespect thing has got to go." He said.

I nodded my head. "You're right, and I'm gonna work on that. My hormones are out of control but I promise I'll do better but when you say stuff like that it makes me upset. " I said.

"I understand Ava, and I'm sorry about that." he said and continued to drive.

"Why don't you want to have the gender reveal?" I asked him.