Chapter 15

"Ava. You okay sweetie?" My mom asked.

"Yeah. Im fine." I said sighing.

"What's up with you hmm? You've been out of it lately." She told me

"I'm just stressed. Too much is going on for me." I told her.

I decided to give myself a few days to think about everything that's happening. Telling my parents, telling his., figuring out if I'll actually go
through with this wedding sham. It all just seems like so much.

"What's going on?" My mom asked.

"Mommy, I did something really stupid." I told her.

Luckily, it was only the ladies in the house. Something went down with my grandfather's house and my dad dropped everything to help his father.

"What did you do?" She asked.

I sniffled a little. "I got pregnant." I told her.

Her eyes widened with shock and a smile crossed her face."

You're pregnant. That's it? Oh thank god!" She said. "Your father and I thought you were slipping back into your depression state." She said.

When I had first got out of the hospital, I was a freaking mummy. Nothing functioned right and I just felt like I should be dead.

"No. I'm pregnant." I said a little happy.

"So what's the problem?" She asked.

"Well, I'm not in a relationship for one, two the man who I'm pregnant by, wants me to marry him." I said.

Her eyes widened. "Who's the man Ava?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Not Derrick." I said.

"Good. But who is it?" She asked.

"Nicholas." I said.

"Nicholas as in your brother in laws brother?" My mom asked.

"Yes mommy. That day you hadn't seen me and said you knew I slept with someone it was him I slept with. He didn't use protection and now we are having a baby ." I said.

She sat for a little, I guess processing all the new information I told her.

"When did you tell him?" She asked.

"A week ago. He came by the shop everyday, including today." I told her.

"So what do you want?" She asked me.

"I think I should marry him. I've completely given up on finding love. Did you know that one out of every two African American women don't find love or get married? I'm not gonna wait for Prince Charming to come especially when I know he more than likely won't come. All I can think of is making sure my baby has a beautiful, stable life with both his or her parents involved fully." I said.

She nodded her head. "Well then it's settled. You're gonna get married." She said. "If this is what you think is best for you as a mother fine, but also think about you because your baby is gonna turn eighteen and be out of the house and you'll still have to live with the same man. Are you willing to do that?"
She asked.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Well don't stress because you've got my grandbaby inside of you now." She said smiling. "Talk to Nicholas, see what he says and then maybe that'll give you more insight to your final decision." She told me.

I nodded my head, and said a thank you. She got up and excused herself from my room. My mom will always take news lighter than my dad.

"Hello." Nicholas said answering his phone immediately.