Indeed A Heartless Beast!

Jungkook and Kai clinked their glasses and elegantly took a sip of their wine. He said lightly, “I have a general understanding of Kim Corporation. Originally, it had an abundance of funds and a stable customer base. It was also considered a well-known large corporation domestically. However, due to bad management, it has been going downhill all this while, and its performance has been declining year after year. The current situation is not very optimistic. To put it bluntly, this company already doesn’t have much of a future now, and injecting capital into it is completely meaningless.”

“President jeon, you’re right.” kai sighed helplessly, “kim Corporation indeed does have a lot of problems, but these are problems left over from when my father was still in office. After I took over, the situation has already improved a lot. Unfortunately, there isn’t enough resources, which is why I feel that there’s not much I can do even if I want to.”

After a pause, kai looked at jungkook expectantly and said in a tone that was almost lowly, “President jeon, if someone can help me at this time, I will definitely be able to make Kim Corporation restore its past glory. I definitely can. I hope you can help me out.”

Seeing kai behaving so humbly, Lisa felt very uncomfortable. She remembered her father again. Back then, when he was on the verge of bankruptcy, he also went around to beg people for help. Unfortunately, none of his former friends in the business world were willing to help him. As a result, he ended up on a path of no return.

Jungkook glanced at Lisa. He smiled faintly. “Let’s not talk about these first. Let’s eat.”

He made a gesture and the waiter immediately served their meal.

The western-style dinner prepared by a master chef exuded an alluring fragrance. Coupled with fine wine and romantic melodious music, the atmosphere was lavish and pleasing.

Kai was accustomed to business meetings and knew that this kind of thing needed to be taken slowly, so instead of talking about business, he carefully observed jungkook's expression and waited on him with earnestness and respect. He poured wine for him and helped him light his cigar, fawning on and flattering him at every corner, like a servant.

Jungkook did not stand on ceremony with him, and had no qualms about accepting it. From time to time, he would glance at Lisa. Seeing that her eyebrows were tightly knitted together and how she was forcing herself to endure it silently, he was delighted and proud of himself.

“Ms. Lisa, why aren’t you eating? Does the food taste bad?” jungkook asked, pretending to be polite.

Kai said with a smile, “Oh, she just recovered from her injury, so her appetite is not too good.”

“Then let me get them to prepare some light food.” jungkook raised his hand and ordered, “Waiter…”

“There’s no need.” Lisa interrupted him and said politely, “President jeon, you are a smart and decisive person. Whether or not you’ll inject funds into the Kim Corporation, you should already have an answer in your heart. Why don’t you be straightforward and give us an answer!”

“Lisa…” kai gave her a meaningful look, hinting to her to not to be so impatient.

Jungkook leisurely tasted the wine and did not speak. Only when the wine glass was empty, did he say coldly, “Ms. Lisa doesn’t even have this bit of patience, how can we talk about business?”

“President jeon…”

Without waiting for kai to speak, jungkook stood up and elegantly buttoned up his suit. “Since you are so insincere, we have nothing much to talk about. Somebody, see the guests out!”