Reflection Of Past

Lisa couldn’t remember how she got back to the bridal boutique. Her mind was a complete blank and the scene earlier kept replaying in front of her eyes. Her heart was hurting so badly she felt suffocated, as if a vine with poisonous thorns had her heart bounded tightly.

Although she reminded herself again and again not to get upset because of him, she still couldn’t help but feel miserable.

“Lisa, Lisa!” Jisoo's shouts interrupted Lisa thoughts.

Lisa's train of thought became clear as she raised her gaze, “Let’s go back. I’m tired.”

“lisa, are you still angry at me?” kai desperately explained, “I had a few encounters with joy because of my company’s dealings. She used business as an excuse to meet me. I admit that I lied to you, but there’s really nothing between us. I never did anything that let you down. You have to believe me!”

“You were with joy previously too, right?” jisoo stared at him with sharp eyes. “I saw joy riding atop of you and kissing you. Do you think that I’m blind?”

Kai was startled and quickly explained, “joy threw herself on me and kissed me, but I pushed her away immediately.”

“Then, why were you meeting her today?” jisoo asked aggressively.

“jisoo, I have said, she used business as an excuse to meet me. I am too worried about the company going bankrupt, so…”

“Business, business. Is business so important in your life? What about lisa?”

“I…”

The two of them argued till their faces were flushed, as if Jisoo was the one cuckolded. Lisa remained expressionless and didn’t even say a single word.

“The two of you, quit arguing!” rosé growled frustratedly.

The two people finally quieted down. Jisoo glared at kai furiously and said disgruntledly, “I thought you were an honourable man. I didn’t expect you were just like kim taehyung, both of you are…”

“jisoo!” rosé interrupted jisoo and glared at her with a warning look.

Jisoo pursed her lips and didn’t dare to shoot her mouth anymore.

Lisa's eyelashes shook once and she supported her forehead with her hand. She didn’t want to think about that man again.

Kai looked at Lisa uneasily, and asked carefully, “You will believe me right, lisa?”

Lisa looked at him meaningfully, and said seriously, “You know me, kai. I don’t like to be paranoid or plot and scheme against people. I will not blame you if you really have something going on with joy. After all, she had been pursuing you for all these years, and your families had known each other for generations. She would be a great help in your career and I am not able to give you anything. If you tell me honestly now, I will leave peacefully and will never harass you or hate you.”

“No, no. You have to believe me, lisa .” kai denied swiftly.

“You listen to what I have to say first.” Lisa was very calm. “You know I hate to be deceived the most and you know what marriage means to me. I will only get married once in my life and I don’t want to make a mistake. The day after tomorrow will be our wedding day. If I discover that you have duped me after we get married…” There was a fierceness in her eyes. “I cannot predict what kind of extreme actions I would take!”

Kai looked at her stunned. He suddenly remembered that incident which happened three years ago. His heart began to panic unexplainably, but he quickly said resolutely, “I’m not lying to you, lisa. I really am not.”