Bargaining Chip

The police officers took control of the scene and inspected the casualties. One of the senior police officers, bambam, was a friend of Lisa. When he saw that Lisa was injured, he immediately carried her and rushed her to the ambulance.

~*~

Jeon Jungkook, a Korean-American who was 28 years old, was the President of the internationally renowned multinational technology company, Jeon Corporation.

The Jeon family's corporation had an unshakable influence in the business world. It was a family business, inherited by descendents of the jeon family. And currently, the eldest grandson of the jeon family, jeon jungkook, was in charge.

Jungkook was a legitimate businessman. However, the schemes and plot in the business world had caused him to make many enemies. Hence, he faced such trouble. He was not surprised at all, and had become accustomed to it. However, Lisa's appearance tonight was indeed a surprise.

~*~

When Kai received a notification from the police and found out that something bad had happened to Lisa, he hurriedly rushed out, but was pulled back by someone.

It was a tall woman with a beautiful and sexy figure, and hair with large wavy curls that was charming and alluring. She had deep facial features that appeared dignified and elegant. She was park joy. "Where are you going?"

"lisa was shot. I have to rush to the hospital." kai's heart was torn with anxiety.

Joy was delighted with this unexpected good fortune. "Lisa was shot? Then you don't have to marry her."

Kai chided furiously, "Get lost. At a time like this, you can still say something like that?"

"Get lost? Why didn't you tell me to get lost when you made love to me just now?" joy glared at him angrily. "If you had not given up the private room to Mr.jeon at the last moment, Lisa would have caught us in the act just now."

"Shut up!" Clutching joy's collar with his blood-stained hands, Kai gritted his teeth as he bellowed in a low voice, "You're not allowed to bring this matter up again."

"So it's wham, bam, thank you ma'am?" joy's face turned extremely embarrassed. "Kai, don't forget, when your family was about to go bankrupt, had it not been for my help, you would have become a pauper!!!"

"Crazy." Kai pushed joy away angrily and rushed to the police station without any hesitation...

~*~

Kai stayed in the hospital without leaving, his heart was unable to rest at ease, until the doctor announced that Lisa's life was not in danger. He heaved a long sigh of relief. Through the glass window of the emergency room, he saw Lisa lying on the bed and sleeping peacefully. He felt very guilty.

He fell for her when he first began to understand what love was and it was his dream to be able to marry her. However, now that the his family's business was on the verge of bankruptcy, as a son, he carried a heavy burden on his shoulders. For the family business, he had to do something that let her down. However, his heart still belonged to her, and would forever only belong to her.

"Ring ring..." The telephone ringtone sounded. Kai took out his mobile phone and saw the caller ID. He walked to a corner with nobody around, to answer the phone, "Mommy!"

The caller was kai's mother.

"What's going on? I heard that lisa was shot?" her voice was slightly anxious, but there was no trace of concern.

"Yeah, she's out of danger already."

"Such bad luck, for such a problem to happen at this time." Kai's mother's tone was slightly irritable.