Because Of You ✔️

By letiiciaa331

❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to h... More

I n t r o d u c t i o n
A E S T H E T I C S
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter One: Movin' Out
Chapter Two: Be Alright
Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter Four: Womanizer
Chapter Five: How to Be a Heartbreaker
Chapter Six: Bad At Love
Chapter Seven: Circles
Chapter Eight: Sweet But Psycho
Chapter Nine: Purpose
Chapter Ten: Blame It
Chapter Eleven: Just Friends
Chapter Twelve: Home
Chapter Thirteen: Better Now
Chapter Fourteen: Adore You
Chapter Fifteen: Good Time
Chapter Sixteen: Ex's & Oh's
Chapter Seventeen: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter Eighteen: Bad Intentions
Chapter Nineteen: Lost Boy
Chapter Twenty: Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-One: Kiss Me
Chapter: Twenty-Two: New Rules
Chapter Twenty-Three: Closer
Chapter Twenty-Four: Jealous
Chapter Twenty-Five: Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Stop The Music
Chapter Twenty-Seven: For the First time
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Every Time We Touch
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Young & Alive
Chapter Thirty: Rich & Sad
Chapter Thirty-One: The Way
Chapter Thirty-Two: Dreaming Of You
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Little Light of Mine
Chapter Thirty-Four: Wild Thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Five: Set Fire to the Rain
Chapter Thirty-Six: Boom Clap
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Clarity
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Stand By Me
Chapter Forty: She Will Be Loved
Chapter Forty-One: Beautiful People
Chapter Forty-Two: Ocean Eyes
Chapter Forty-Three: Look At Her Now
Chapter Forty-Four: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Forty-Five: In My Feelings
Chapter Forty-Six: Nights Like This
Chapter Forty-Seven: To Build A Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Stay With Me
Chapter Forty-Nine: Lost Without You
Chapter Fifty: Tell Me You Love Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Honesty
Chapter Fifty-Two: Best Part of Me
Chapter Fifty-Three: Little Do You Know
Chapter Fifty-Four: Confident
Chapter Fifty-Five: Please Don't Go
Chapter Fifty-Six: I'm Yours
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Rise Up
L E T I C I A
A M I L L I O N R E A DS
Q & A

A M i l l i o n T h a n k s,

35.3K 1.3K 453
By letiiciaa331

I lay back on the full-sized sheet I ripped off my bed in a rush, needing somewhere to lay on tonight other than the hard, patched-up grass.

I didn't have any blankets that my mom would allow me to lay outside on the ground for a few hours just so she would have it clean again, so when she and the rest of my family finally left for the night, I became a little rebel and decided my bedsheets weren't blankets.

I'm a genius.

The dark sky was littered with stars, reminding me that there is so much more to the world than just what I know. I'm just a tiny little shitty human out of billions of shitty humans that adds to the inevitable destruction of planet earth.

Wow, I'm such a positive person... who knew?

"What are you thinking about?" Aiden whispers beside me, breaking me out of my thoughts and making my head snap to his amusement filled eyes.

I smile at him and shrug, "Just about how humans are slowly destroying the earth and any chance our great-great-great-great grandkids have for survival," I comment nonchalantly and almost burst out laughing when Aiden's face falls.

He narrows his eyes at me and brings the back of his palm to my forehead, "Are you feeling okay, Torres, or is the heat finally getting to you?"

I wack his hand away from me and roll my eyes. Ignoring his comment, I lay my head on his chest. He immediately wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

This will never not feel right.

This entire summer with Aiden has been... Well, perfect, to be honest.

I spent almost every day with Aiden doing just about anything.

It could range from having frozen yogurt at fro-yo entertainment just so he could embarrass me about having worked there and having to wear a flashy cow hat on my head like the other workers (he still thought I would look cute in it) to hopping on Aiden's private jet (yes, private jet) and flying to the big apple (yes, New York freaking City) just because he felt adventurous.

It was crazy how often I forget about the momentous amount of money Aiden has, but I have learned to not think too much about it. It hasn't been much of a problem since he isn't someone who brags about it, thankfully.

He's very good at knowing when it's all too much for me and perfect at dialing it back in a very comfortable (and non-awkward) way.

I think Aiden has memorized the drive to Bakersfield by heart at this point from how many times he comes. My mom still doesn't let him sleepover, which isn't surprising, but since Shaney is so cool, Aiden usually stays at Lexi's place.

As long as he isn't too far, it's okay with me.

"I can't believe this summer is almost over," I mumble with my lips pressed against his cotton shirt. This was the best summer of my life and it's ending. I'm scared that starting school will change things, especially since this semester is still so up in the air.

The music program still hasn't given me their decision... which is extremely frustrating for a girl who is obsessed with planning her life out.

I feel Aiden's hands run up and down my arm in a soothing manner, making goosebump rise on my skin despite the humidity outside. "Yeah. I don't want this to end," he whispers and I look up at him from my comfy spot on his chest to see him staring up at the sky, a worried expression clear on his face.

He can probably notice me starring so he leans his head down to look at me. "Summer has just been... perfect with you," he continues, "I don't want anything to change."

So, I guess we both were a bit nervous.

It's probably since living in a fairytale love story can only last for so long until you feel like the other shoe will drop.

But, I don't see this as the end of our story. It's just the beginning.

I lift myself close to his head, practically laying on top of him at this point, and graze my fingertips against his cheeks, "Nothing will change. I mean, Mason won't be there," I cringe slightly at the frown on Aiden's lips before continuing, "But, we won't change. I love us how we are."

He smiles at that and I'm happy to see it rather than the sad-boy frown.

I feel his hand dragging up the back of my thigh, grazing my butt before giving it a strong squeeze. My eyes widen as I gasp, "What the hell, Grey!"

Squeeze it again– stop.

He chuckles before shrugging innocently, "What? I thought you didn't want things to change?"

What a lovely little weirdo.

❀❀❀

"I'm really gonna miss you asswipes," Mason frowns while putting his red solo cup on the grass.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Mas," I pout in response and feel my stomach churn slightly at the thought of not having him around next semester. It's going to be so... different. Not like good, different, but horribly different.

The whole gang came together tonight for a bonfire, since Mason loves fires in bon form, at the Parker house. It was a little goodbye party for him, that he threw himself, since he was officially moving to Massachusetts... tomorrow.

It's real now and it sucks a whole lot.

"Mas, don't make me cry again. I won't stop this time, I promise," Ava warns from her chair on the other side of the large fire. We all laugh at that since we have already witnessed Ava's dramatic sobs twice tonight.

At least the girl's a pretty crier.

"I don't know how junior year will be without you, dude," Aiden comments sadly from my side and I shift my gaze to his. This has been extremely hard on him and I'm just trying to make him feel better in any way I can.

Thankfully, that includes a whole lot of sex...I have no problem with this.

"Guys, he's going to get all rich and Ivy-intelligent. He'll forget we exist by winter break," Luke teases with a small smirk as he sips on his beer.

Mason rushes out of his seat and quickly makes his way over to Luke, pulling him into a bone-crushing hug, "Oh gosh, Luke. I'll miss you and you're unfunny jokes the most."

"My jokes are funny. Let me go," Luke struggles to get out of the tightness that is Mason's bulky arms, but Mas is not giving up that easily. It was one of his last chances to do this. Cue the stomach churn.

"Oh, wow. Who will be here to tell you otherwise when I'm gone?" Mason continues and we all just laugh at Luke's annoyed expression, even though we all know he's fighting a smile.

Mason finally lets go and makes his way back to his seat, chugging the rest of his beer.

An idea pops in my head and I lift myself off of Aiden. "Let's all say one thing we will miss about Mas and drink to it," I suggest while lifting my cup. When everyone seems to nod in agreement I start, "I'll miss... having a person that loves to compete with me... despite being a sore loser."

We all laugh as Mason whines, then take a sip of our beers.

I look at my boyfriend and give him a look to tell him to go next.

"Um... I'll miss how he always manages to make me laugh by saying the dumbest shit, no matter how pissed I am." We all drink and I peck him on the lips after as a reward for such a good response.

I'm easily impressed, oh well.

"I'll miss having a sibling always around to steal my phone charger... Oh wait, I won't miss that," Ava shrugs innocently and Mason glares at her. She giggles before continuing, "No. I'll actually miss how... you're the best brother anyone could ever have. I don't know how I'll make it through college without you." We drink.

Mason frowns at his sister's comment. I can see it made him upset hearing that from her. "Ava, don't say that. I'll always be there for you even though I'm not here here," he explains and Ava just nods sadly.

"Well," Luke breaks the silence and continues the game, "I'll miss all your embarrassing 'fuck I can't believe I just did that' moments. They always made for the best stories later on."

We laugh. Ice is officially broken thanks to Luke. We drink.

We all turn to Lexi who is quietly staring down at her sunkissed legs and fiddling fingers, her cup being balanced on her thigh with one hand.

Lexi has been dreading this moment. The moment Mason actually... left. I think it didn't feel real until now for her, until today. She's been awfully quiet tonight.

"Lex?" I ask quietly, hoping to break her out of the little spell she's in. I know it works when she lifts her head and forces a small smile to her face. She has a passive look, that I know all too well, plastered on her face.

"I– um...," she shifts her gaze to Mason who is silently staring at her, waiting to hear what she'll say– waiting to know what she'll miss most about him. "I'll miss... everything," she breathes out quietly and since Mason sucks at hiding his emotions, I watch as his face falls into a defeated one.

I can tell he isn't upset about her answer. He's upset that he really loves her answer. But he knows Lexi's decision is always final. 

No turning back now.

It's quiet for a bit but eventually, we all drink. Well, Lexi chugs.

The conversation returns to normal once Luke begins to bring up one of those marvelous Mason moments he mentioned earlier as I hear a ding from my phone. I lean across Aiden to grab it. "Who is it?" he asks casually. I know he isn't actually worried about it, just genuinely curious.

I decide to tease him nevertheless, "None of your business, Grey! Who knew you were so clingy!"

He rolls his eyes and kisses me on the cheek while I check my notification. It's an email.

Congratulations, Ms. Mariana Torres! You have been selected as one of the transfer students into the Music program for this coming Fall semester. We are pleased to have you join our team and are excited to hear from you once again!

Enjoy the rest of your Summer,

The School of Performing Arts: Music Program Branch

"Aiden, Holy fuck!" I scream and all the conversation around me halts. Aiden narrows his eyes at me and covers one of his ears.

"Ow. Volume. What happened?" He asks while rubbing his ear dramatically.

I roll my eyes playfully and stand from my position on the floor, looking out at all my beautiful friends. "I GOT IN!" I yell and immediately girly screams enter my ears from both sides. Ava and Lexi are quickly clinging to my side and jumping with me in celebration.

I mean, I always had the feeling that I made it, but waiting all Summer to hear was pretty disappointing. Really injured a girl's ego.

But now? Now, I can start planning! Eeep!

The girls let go of me as everyone stands or gives me celebratory hugs, but I make sure to jump into Aiden's arms first, my legs wrapping around his waist as I nuzzle my face into his neck. Mint and pine.

"Fuck, yeah, Torres! I knew it. I fucking knew you got in! They would be absolutely psychotic to not accept my beautifully talented girlfriend," he praises as I pull away slightly to smash my lips against his.

"Ugh, get a room!" I hear Ava yell but quickly start giggling like crazy as she continues to jump with Lexi in excitement.

I unwrap myself from Aiden's arms, but we both know he is getting lucky tonight.

I just got accepted into the school of music! That's a hell of a turn on, people!

I feel lighter knowing that things are falling into place for me, finally. I know this will be okay for us all. That fate will bring us together time and time again, despite the distance it's bringing some of us now. I love these freaks.

Mason runs up to me and twirls me in his arms, "Hell yeah, Mari!" he yells before putting me down, "I'm gonna forgive you for stealing my thunder since you're gonna be famous and probably have a shit ton of money and all."

I swat his arms playfully but can't help laughing anyway.

Aiden throws his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him as he kisses the side of my forehead. He smiles at me, eyes sparkling as he gives me the look I fell in love with and I know things are gonna be more than okay.

They are going to be flipping fantastic. 

Stay tuned for a final message from the author... ME ;)

A million thanks,

Leticia ❀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 8.1K 39
Perpetual quitter Vera Kwan thinks she's got it made when her style blog catches the attention of narcissistic actor Carmen Juarez, but after egos ig...
116K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
15.2K 529 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
826K 19.2K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...