Because Of You ✔️

By letiiciaa331

❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to h... More

I n t r o d u c t i o n
A E S T H E T I C S
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter One: Movin' Out
Chapter Two: Be Alright
Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter Four: Womanizer
Chapter Five: How to Be a Heartbreaker
Chapter Six: Bad At Love
Chapter Seven: Circles
Chapter Eight: Sweet But Psycho
Chapter Nine: Purpose
Chapter Ten: Blame It
Chapter Eleven: Just Friends
Chapter Twelve: Home
Chapter Thirteen: Better Now
Chapter Fourteen: Adore You
Chapter Fifteen: Good Time
Chapter Seventeen: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter Eighteen: Bad Intentions
Chapter Nineteen: Lost Boy
Chapter Twenty: Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-One: Kiss Me
Chapter: Twenty-Two: New Rules
Chapter Twenty-Three: Closer
Chapter Twenty-Four: Jealous
Chapter Twenty-Five: Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Stop The Music
Chapter Twenty-Seven: For the First time
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Every Time We Touch
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Young & Alive
Chapter Thirty: Rich & Sad
Chapter Thirty-One: The Way
Chapter Thirty-Two: Dreaming Of You
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Little Light of Mine
Chapter Thirty-Four: Wild Thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Five: Set Fire to the Rain
Chapter Thirty-Six: Boom Clap
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Clarity
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Stand By Me
Chapter Forty: She Will Be Loved
Chapter Forty-One: Beautiful People
Chapter Forty-Two: Ocean Eyes
Chapter Forty-Three: Look At Her Now
Chapter Forty-Four: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Forty-Five: In My Feelings
Chapter Forty-Six: Nights Like This
Chapter Forty-Seven: To Build A Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Stay With Me
Chapter Forty-Nine: Lost Without You
Chapter Fifty: Tell Me You Love Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Honesty
Chapter Fifty-Two: Best Part of Me
Chapter Fifty-Three: Little Do You Know
Chapter Fifty-Four: Confident
Chapter Fifty-Five: Please Don't Go
Chapter Fifty-Six: I'm Yours
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Rise Up
A M i l l i o n T h a n k s,
L E T I C I A
A M I L L I O N R E A DS
Q & A

Chapter Sixteen: Ex's & Oh's

51.8K 1.7K 1.2K
By letiiciaa331

By the time we found a spot that was acceptable by King Mason, we were already dripping in sweat.

It's about 85° in Los Angeles today, so walking up and down the beach carrying our bags, several beach chairs, and two umbrellas for shade was a lot.

At least Aiden has the alcohol in his car.

Speaking of, "Where is Aiden?" I ask Luke and Mason who I assume know his whereabouts.

"He's picking up Summer."

What.

My heart drops at the news and I can't help but feel myself getting angry at him, even though I have no right.

I mean, he can do whatever he wants. We aren't together so if he wants to bring his side piece to the beach to hang out with all of his friends, who am I to judge?

Asshole.

"Oh," I reply back, trying to sound nonchalant and not like I want to punch something at the moment.

Luke looks up at me and stops twisting one of the umbrellas into the ground, creating shade – and an escape from the heat – around us.

"You good, Mari? You sound upset."

Why does he have to be so intuitive?

"Pfft! Me? I'm fineee! All good! I love Summer! She's... awesome." I strain out through my teeth, causing Luke to give me a concerned look.

"Do you believe you're a good liar?"

My face falls at his question and I roll my eyes, "Whatever. She isn't my favorite person. You got me," I wave my hands up in surrender.

Luke chuckles, "Summer... well, I don't even know. She and Aiden are complicated."

Why does that statement make me even more anxious?

"What do you mean complicated? Are they together?" I ask Luke, suddenly extremely interested in Aiden's sexual affairs with Summer Rose.

"They dated at the beginning of Freshman year. Aiden was completely obsessed with her before she ultimately cheated on him and slept with someone else," Luke reveals, stunning me in every way.

Aiden? Obsessed with a girl? And not just any girl but Summer? The one I heard him fucking a couple of weeks ago??

Luke continues, noticing my pensive state, "But he's completely over her now. He just thinks she's a good lay. The person who's obsessed now is Summer."

"She likes him?" I ask slowly, not really wanting to know the answer.

"She's in love with him, I'm pretty sure," he says quietly, "But, I think she's more in love with the idea of Aiden than actually him," he finishes.

My brows furrowed in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Luke walks over to the second umbrella and starts to dig it into the sand a couple of feet away from the first. I think everyone has run into the water at this point, looking for an escape from the heat.

"Well, Aiden has money," Luke starts, visibly struggling a bit more with this umbrella. I walk over to help him, "Summer's father practically owns half of UCLA and other parts of LA. It's only fitting she marries rich and continues her father's legacy,"

He looks up at me once we finally manage to get the umbrella to stay, "And that option is Aiden."

I attempt to digest the new information that's been presented to me about Summer and her family. How am I supposed to compete with someone who has that much money?

What am I saying? I'm not competing against her for anything; I sound crazy.

"Look, Mariana, You shouldn't worry," Luke continues, "He's not into her in that way at all anymore. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's hung up on you anyway."

I bush furiously at that, "Pfft. That.. is not true. We are just friends and I'm not worried. He can do whatever he wants," I say as I start to take off my t-shirt and shorts, feeling much hotter than before and in need of a good dip in the water.

Luke gives me a look before nodding his head, "Yeah, sure. Same thing he said actually."

❀❀❀

"You bitch, I didn't want to get my hair wet!!" Ava yells at me after I splash water in her face.

Her hair tied up in a bun, in hopes of keeping it dry. But what kind of friend would I be if I let her go to the beach and keep her hair dry?

Luke responds to this comment by picking Ava up onto his shoulders and dropping her back into the water, her entire body flings in the air before making contact; We all burst out laughing.

When she emerges from the water, she has a murderous look on her face, "That wasn't very nice, Lukey. You'll regret that!!" She threatens a fearless looking Luke and I see a wide smile come onto his lips.

He has such a pretty smile and I almost never see it.

"I'm ready for my punishment whenever, Ava," He says suggestively at her, shocking me.

I have never seen him so forward with her, usually, he's a blubbering mess.

I don't think Ava was expecting it either because her cheeks turned red before attacking him, making attempts to sink him into the water.

Attempt being the operative word.

We all laughed at her failed attempts to try to drown an obviously unaffected Luke, who just had an amused look on his face.

"Hey, guys!!!"

Oh god.

I turn my head to look over my shoulder at Summer, who's wearing a tight red bikini that looks great on her.

That's extra frustrating.

Aiden swims up behind her with a wide smile on his face. Was that smile from being with her? What were they doing?

Get over it, Mari. It's none of your business.

I give her a strained smile, hoping it doesn't look strained, "Hey Summer! I'm glad you could join us." Wow, that was good, Mari.

She flips her strawberry blonde/red hair over her shoulder then looks at Aiden, "Well I love hanging out with Aiden's friends! It only brings us closer."

Someone hold me back.

My brows furrow at Aiden, a mix of emotions running through me.

Aiden's eyes widen slightly at her comment and he flickers his gaze to me for a second before looking back at her, "Summer, don't say that like we're together. You'll give people the wrong idea."

It takes everything for me not to laugh at her fallen expression.

She laughs off his comment, "Of course we aren't together! It just came out wrong." she says, giving him a look while wiggling her eyebrows as if she's keeping a secret between them.

Aiden ignores her as he swims over to Mason, "So are we gonna start drinking now or what?"

Someone's eager.

Mason laughs as he smacks Aiden's shoulder with a big goofy smile on his face, "Chillll, A! We got allll day!" he explains, "And don't forget about the bonfire later on. We cannot puke before then. I can't miss that. You know I love fires in bon form!!!"

We all laugh at Mason's comment. This guy sure is something.

Lexi unexpectedly starts jumping around in the water, practically giving me a heart attack since I was so close to her when she popped off, "Ooooo! Let's play chicken!!"

We all agree to play the childish game and start pairing off.

"You and me, Aiden!" Summer grabs onto Aiden's arm before I even have the chance to ask him to be my partner. Fuck.

"Come on, Mariana," I look over at Luke who is standing beside me now, "I'll be your partner. He might have the height advantage, but I got you!" He says to me with a small smile, referring to Aiden.

I know he's trying to make me feel better. It's weird but I feel like I've known Luke for much longer than anyone else here, other than Lex. He just knows what I'm feeling when I used to be so good at hiding it.

"Thanks, Luke."

I get onto his shoulder after some time of struggling.

"Stop yanking on my hair or I'll drop you on purpose," I hear Luke threaten from below me. I immediately remove my hands from his hair, standing up straighter to avoid having to support my weight on his head.

I hear a loud giggle and look up, squinting from the sun hitting my eye. I see Summer propped comfortably on Aiden's shoulder and Aiden smiling while looking up at her.

God, I feel sick and I haven't even started drinking yet.

"First up, Mari and Luke vs. Summer and Aiden!" I hear Lexi exclaim in excitement with Mason and Ava on each of her sides, "Ready. Set. GO"

Luke walks us over so we are in front of the perfect couple.

Summer shoots me a wide innocent smile and whispers, "isn't this fun? Me and Aiden and you with Luke, I guess," she motions down to Luke who is having a mini conversation with Aiden about who's dick is bigger or something.

I don't know. I don't really get guys.

I look back up to Summer and send her a small smile, feeling slightly annoyed that she is making an effort to say her and Aiden's name together as many times as possible today, "Super fun! But it's just a game," I say, attempting to send a hidden meaning that she and Aiden are only together in this game.

And in bed, I guess.

She laughs at my comment and I think she understands what I was saying, "For now," she smiles before sending me a harsh blow to my shoulders, successfully knocking me straight off of Luke and into the cool water. 

Here's chapter SIXTEEN of "Because Of You"!!!

Did anyone expect Summer to be Aiden's ex? And one that he actually really liked, at that? There's more to Summer than meets the eye!! And she is not one to back down, as you can see!

VOTE AND COMMENT reactions, predictions, anything, and everything! I just wanna hear from y'all! The beach is not just this chapter but also for two more so, get excited becasue there is way more to come from today!

Be back tomorrow with more!

A million thanks, 

Leticia ❀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6M 370K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
1.3M 28.7K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
117K 1.2K 86
"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my cock. Take all of it." Baby. My belly f...
19.1M 540K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...