Because Of You ✔️

By letiiciaa331

❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to h... More

I n t r o d u c t i o n
A E S T H E T I C S
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter One: Movin' Out
Chapter Two: Be Alright
Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter Four: Womanizer
Chapter Six: Bad At Love
Chapter Seven: Circles
Chapter Eight: Sweet But Psycho
Chapter Nine: Purpose
Chapter Ten: Blame It
Chapter Eleven: Just Friends
Chapter Twelve: Home
Chapter Thirteen: Better Now
Chapter Fourteen: Adore You
Chapter Fifteen: Good Time
Chapter Sixteen: Ex's & Oh's
Chapter Seventeen: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter Eighteen: Bad Intentions
Chapter Nineteen: Lost Boy
Chapter Twenty: Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-One: Kiss Me
Chapter: Twenty-Two: New Rules
Chapter Twenty-Three: Closer
Chapter Twenty-Four: Jealous
Chapter Twenty-Five: Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Stop The Music
Chapter Twenty-Seven: For the First time
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Every Time We Touch
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Young & Alive
Chapter Thirty: Rich & Sad
Chapter Thirty-One: The Way
Chapter Thirty-Two: Dreaming Of You
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Little Light of Mine
Chapter Thirty-Four: Wild Thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Five: Set Fire to the Rain
Chapter Thirty-Six: Boom Clap
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Clarity
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Stand By Me
Chapter Forty: She Will Be Loved
Chapter Forty-One: Beautiful People
Chapter Forty-Two: Ocean Eyes
Chapter Forty-Three: Look At Her Now
Chapter Forty-Four: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Forty-Five: In My Feelings
Chapter Forty-Six: Nights Like This
Chapter Forty-Seven: To Build A Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Stay With Me
Chapter Forty-Nine: Lost Without You
Chapter Fifty: Tell Me You Love Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Honesty
Chapter Fifty-Two: Best Part of Me
Chapter Fifty-Three: Little Do You Know
Chapter Fifty-Four: Confident
Chapter Fifty-Five: Please Don't Go
Chapter Fifty-Six: I'm Yours
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Rise Up
A M i l l i o n T h a n k s,
L E T I C I A
A M I L L I O N R E A DS
Q & A

Chapter Five: How to Be a Heartbreaker

67.9K 2.4K 1.4K
By letiiciaa331

"I'll have a caramel iced coffee with cream and two sugars, please?"

Today is the first day of classes and, like any good college student, Lexi and I decided to stop by Dunkin' to grab a coffee before our classes.

I'm a true advocate for Dunkin' over Starbucks.

Well, actually my wallet is.

Being that I am a pre-med student, I have to start out as a Biology major for undergrad.

In high school, I took various AP courses that my parents thought would put me in the best position possible when I started college. Being the good student I am, I excelled in all of them: including AP Biology and Chemistry. That means I get to skip the Freshman biology and chem classes and go straight to the next one.

Lucky me.

It's not that I hate biology, chemistry, and all the other medical-related classes I have taken in the past. I am able to memorize information and take tests extremely well.

But... it's boring.

I'm hoping that feeling wears away during college and I find the mystery of why becoming a doctor will be the most exciting and fulfilling career of a lifetime.

One can hope.

I grab my coffee once my name was called, giving the barista a small smile and walking over to an awaiting Lexi sipping on her iced white chocolate mocha.

She gives me a big smile once she sees me making my way over to her. She's wearing the 'back to school' outfit she's been planning for weeks, which is a strapless light pink sundress and her favorite gladiator sandals.

I don't see the point of planning 'back to school' outfits. We all know that with each day you'll try a little less until we all look like a stressed-out mess with ramen noodle stains on our t-shirts.

Maybe I am a pessimist like Ava said...

I reach Lexi and tug on her arm so we can head in the direction of our classes. Luckily the art building isn't too far from the science department.

"Sooo..." Lexi starts to whisper as we walk. I give her a questioning look. I know that voice. It's the one she uses when she wants to talk about something but doesn't want to be too obvious that she wants to talk about something.

Making it obvious.

"About Mason..."

Finally, the truth comes out.

"Hmm, Mason? Tall, soccer player, sexy as hell Mason? Brother of our crazy roommate Mason? What about him?" I ask in fake confusion. I know where this is going.

"Yeah, that one. What do you think about him?" Lexi starts to swirl her finger around the lid of her coffee in attempts to seem less interested in a conversation she started.

I chuckle at her actions, "I think he's great, Lex. But I've only known him for like two days"

"I think I'm going to have sex with him tonight."

I was not expecting that.

I stopped walking, leaving Lexi to walk a bit further until she realized I stopped.

I don't know why I am even that surprised. Lexi has always been a free spirit, in life and her sexual adventures in high school. I think it's great that she's so confident in her body and knows what she wants and goes for it.

I guess I'm just surprised because all those guys were douchebags which she couldn't possibly end up with.

I guess I kind of saw Mason as... well not like that.

I close the distance between us and put a hand on her arm, craning my neck to make sure she's looking right into my eyes. "Lex, are you sure about this? You know I love you living your best life, but Mason doesn't seem like those assholes from high school. He's actually kinda awesome."

I meant what I said. Yes, I haven't known Mason for too long, but so far, he's just like Lexi. Her perfect match, which is what I thought the second I met him. Lex does love a good romp in the sack, but her golden rule is to never sleep with the boys that she could actually like.

"I'm sure, Mari. He's already practically said he's interested in what I'm looking for so why not?" she shrugs and starts to walk again. I walk next to her with a slightly worried look on my face.

"Okay, Lex, I trust you just be careful. He is your roommate's brother," I chuckle lightly sipping on my straw to get more caramel goodness in my mouth. I start to bite the tip of the straw soon after.

Bad habit.

"Trust me, Mari, everything is under control," she intertwines our arms together, tugging me to move faster, "Now hurry up, I don't want to be late!"

❀❀❀

"Welcome students to English 1000. As you all know this is a general requirement for all students so I know that not all of you are writers, but you will be by the end of this two-part course!"

The English professor, Mrs. Casey, was bubbly and excited about teaching a class that I'm sure the majority of the lecture is just trying to get through as fast as possible. But, as she says, this is a two-part course, meaning two semesters. Sigh.

I like English actually and I'm not terrible at it, but I have always been more interested and focused on science, not giving me the chance to think about it too much.

"Every professor likes to take their own special route in English 1000. This year, I thought we would focus on creative writing. We'll be analyzing various books of fiction and you all will work in pairs to create your own work of fiction!!"

Okay, she is too excited.

Practically half the class groans as they hear the dreaded word: pairs. I'm right there with y'all. Group work means having to actually agree on a plan of action with another person. I've never been good at that.

"I will be emailing you the name and email of your partner later today along with the genre your story will be about. I want it to be a short story, so at least 10 chapters! But you'll have until the beginning of the second portion in the course, which is after winter break, to finish it so no worries!"

*Worries*

❀❀❀

Okay, I'm lost.

In my defense this school is humongous and I didn't pay attention during orientation at all because Lexi kept pointing out various makeout spots that she could use in the future, also different guys who she would happily invite to these spots.

It was a very entertaining and informative day.

Sadly, now I know where I could have a quicky but not where my chemistry class is.

I have my phone out, brightness all the way up so that I could squint and hopefully get a better view of the school map. Thankfully, a big cloud happened to completely block the sun in the moment, making it way easier to see.

Hmm, mint and pine...

Wait, it's not cloudy today.

I slowly lift my head from my phone and look to my right to see a very amused looking Aiden Grey.

I roll my eyes immediately in annoyance, "What do you want, Grey," I quickly place my phone in my pocket, hoping he didn't see me looking like a confused freshman lost on her first day.

I crossed my arms over my chest, forcing my cleavage to pop out a bit more from my black spaghetti strap causing Grey to lose contact with my eyes.

I uncross my arms and start walking away until he grabs my arm.

"Torres, wait. You look lost where you are heading?"

Oh please! Aiden Grey trying to be helpful? More like he wants another look at what he'll never have.

Heh, good one, Mari.

I turn back around to face him, "I'm not lost, I'm going to the Chem building," pointing over my shoulder in a direction that I'm hoping is the Chemistry building.

"Chemistry building is this way, Torres"

No luck.

I'm silent for a couple of seconds to digest my embarrassment before angrily walking in the correct direction past him.

I hear him laughing behind me before falling into step with me.

"So, Saturday night was fun," he says suggestively while giving me one of those heart-stopping smiles and grabbing onto the straps of his backpack.

I scowl at him, "No, it was annoying. But it seemed like you had fun," I mumble the ending, half hoping he didn't hear me.

He heard me.

His smile quickly turned into a smirk, "Aww, Torres! Are you jealous? Because," he suddenly cuts me off and grabs my wrist, making me turn right into his chest. His arm wrapped around my waist.

My breathing speeds up from the sudden change... or maybe from his proximity.

His eyes start shifting between my eyes and lips, reminding me of the first time I was in this situation back at the party.

"I would much rather it have been you leaving behind marks on my neck... all night," his voice is husky and eyes look hooded with desire.

Not this shit again.

He may think it's easy, but I will not let this asshole toy around with me anytime he wants. Two can play that game.

Slowly, A seductive smile crosses my lips, much to Aiden's surprise. I take my finger and run it across his sharp jaw.

Damn, he could cut someone with that thing...

The action causes his breathing to become heavier this time, the smile from his face long gone. I hear him gulp, followed by him licking his lip and biting down on the bottom one.

Shit, that's hot.

Focus.

I slowly drag my mouth along his jaw toward his ear, causing a light moan to slip out from him. One of the most amazing sounds I have ever heard, actually.

Once I reach his ear, I whisper, "Only in your dreams, Grey."

I quickly step back from him and start walking toward the chem building, which I now see on the horizon, leaving a slightly turned on Aiden Grey frozen in his spot. 

The FIFTH chapter of "Because Of You"!!

Mari has officially turned on the charm and Aiden likeess!! 

What is everyone thinking about the story? I would love to get a couple more votes and comments, but I know it's hard to get a book out there and discovered :(

BUT, I want to stay positive because I do love this story and I hope more people will soon as well! So VOTE AND COMMENT!! Show some loveee, pweaseee!

Lots more to come! Get EXCITED!

A million thanks, 

Leticia 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 28.7K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
206K 8.5K 63
Romero, struggling to push through the day to day life of his world: court bills, money, family, money, the past, money, his own mind, and more money...
7.3M 213K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
9.5M 455K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...