Frost bite - Z.M (Book 3, Col...

By violentxlines

THE MATERIAL IN THIS BOOK IS INAPPROPRIATE AND EXPLICIT FOR READERS UNDER THE AGE OF 16. THIS WRITING IS STRI... More

Frost bite - (Book 3, Cold trilogy)
Prologue.
Private chapters - Explained!
Chapter 1 - stress.
Chapter 2 - One step at a time.
Chapter 3 - Strange meetings.
Chapter 4 - Happy vibes or?
Chapter 5 - Unforeseen Diagnosis.
Chapter 6 - Truth hurts.
Chapter 6 - Truth Hurts, private :(
Chapter 7 - Confusion.
Chapter 8 - Symptoms
Chapter 8 - Symptoms private:(
Chapter 9 - Perfect
Chapter 10 - Sweaty palms.
Chapter 10 - Sweaty Palms, private :(
Chapter 11 - Dramas and new beginnings.
Chapter 11 - Dramas and new beginnings, private :/
Chapter 12 - Tables have turned.
Chapter 12 - Tables have turned. Private..
Chapter 13 - Monster.
Chapter 13 - monsters, private.
Chapter 14 - Unforgiven.
Chapter 15 - Distant memories.
Chapter 16 - Karma's a bitch
Chapter 16 - Karma's a bitch private chapter
Chapter 17 - Unfaithful.
Chapter 18 - Remember.
Questions.
Questions - Answered.
Chapter 19 - Change of plans.
Chapter 20 - Believe me.
Chapter 20 - private believe me.
Chapter 21 - I can help you.
Chapter 22 - Side effects
Chapter 22 - Side effects private!
Chapter 23 - Times Square take over.
Chapter 24 - Play time.
Chapter 24 - Play Time, private.
Chapter 25 - Blurted secrets.
Chapter 26 - Problem.
Chapter 26 - problem. Private..
Chapter 27 - Relax.
Chapter 28 - slutty vibes.
Chapter 29 - The void.
Chapte 29 - The void, Private.
Chapter 30 - Beauitful and deadly.
Chapter 31 - Dreams
Chapter 32 - Strange Prediction.
Chapter 33 - Unneeded drama.
Chapter 34 - Wedding plans.
Authors note - Cold Published!!
Chapter 35 - Yes sir.
Chapter 36 - By your side.
Chapter 37 - New Chapter.
Chapter 38 - Fantasy.
Chapter 38 - Fantasy, Private.
Chapter 39 - Honeymoon avenue.
Chapter 40 - Problems
Chapter 41 - Love and other things.
Chapter 41 - private.
Chapter 42 - Late.
Chapter 43 - Official.
Chapter 44 - I don't know.
Chapter 45 - Strange Cravings.
Chapter 46 - The truth.
Chapter 47 - Its Time.
Chapter 49 - Coping.
Authors note.
Epilogue.
Strange supriseee
50. Alternate ending.
51. AE

Chapter 48 - Like father, like son

17.4K 1K 661
By violentxlines

This chapter feels really rushed. I'm sorry if you get that vibe :/

I'm useless at this.

I had always had some hope that I'd be a good father, the tiniest bit of hope, but holding Allison and hearing her cry over and over is almost driving me insane.

I don't know why she's crying?! Is she tired? Is she gassy? what?!

Maybe she's hungry.

I don't want to wake up Victoria though.

I rock Allison gently and sigh as her small but fairly strong lungs, scream and scream.

"Ssshh, Ally. It's okay." I murmur. "Stop crying."

Victoria walks in a moment later and yawns before grabbing her off me and sitting down on the rocking chair.

"My boobs are killing me." She murmurs before feeding the baby her breast milk.

I blink at her. So she was hungry?

How did she know?

I don't know these things. I know one thing, the mother shares a bond with the baby. What about the father?! Does he just drown in stress?!

Victoria almost falls asleep with Allison drinking from her and I sigh in relief.

I can't handle this. I need to calm down.

"I suck at this fathering stuff." I murmur.

To my surprise Victoria heard.

"No you don't."

"I do. I'm useless." I frown annoyed before walking out of the room.

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen to fetch myself a glass of bourbon.

I let it pass though because drinking with a newborn in the house wouldn't be good.

I sigh frustrated and Victoria walks down with Allison in her arms.

"Zayn, you're not a useless father. This is just a big change for you. You'll get use to it after a while." Victoria reassures.

I shake my head.

"She can sense your fear. if you're scared of the baby, she'll cry. You won't hurt her or drop her." Victoria smiles, the bags under her eyes are evident and my guilt eats up inside of me.

"Here?"

"No." I shake my head before clutching onto my hair with frustration. "Yaser was right. I'm just like my birth father. I'm not responsible enough. I'm-"

"No stop!" Victoria scowls quietly.

I bury my face in my hands. "I'm trying so hard, and it just blows up in my face."

Victoria sighs. "Come in the lounge."

I follow behind as she makes her way into the lounge, she sits on the couch and lays Allison who is wrapped up in a blanket on her lap and manages to keep here there securely.

"Feel her stomach." Victoria murmurs.

I frown.

"Just do it."

I place my hand on her stomach to realise how tight it is.

"If it's fairly tight or hard, she's gassy. So she needs winding. when she's hungry, she'll start to mouth."

I frown. "How'd you know she was hungry? You weren't even in the room."

Victoria smiles. I never realised how good she looked as a mother. She suits being a Mum. "My boobs were aching."

I half smile as she grabs Allison and rubs her back soothingly. "She sleeps a lot, so it's not hard. All that you're missing is your confidence. You can do this Zayn."

I frown. "She's so fragile though."

"When I was at a fragile moment, you held me. These past few weeks before we had her, you helped me through everything. You massaged my huge and really ugly swollen feet. You fed me when I was hungry but too exhausted to eat. You showered me in love." Victoria says. "You're capable of being anything."

I look down as a burp comes from allusion that manages to slice through the tension.

I chuckle and look down at Allison who looks drunk and tired.

"She cries every time I hold her."

Victoria pierces her lips together. "It's because you're afraid of her."

I frown. "No I'm not."

"You are."

I sigh and stand to my feet. "I'm going to take a shower."

***

"Zayn?" Victoria groans. "Zayn." She says sternly.

I keep my eyes closed.

"Zayn I know you're awake. Can you please get her."

"No." I frown.

"Please."

I groan back."

"Seriously, I know you're a bit down in the dumps, but at least grab her and bring her here!" Victoria says annoyed.

I don't reply and Victoria pushes the blanket off and doesn't even bother turning off the baby monitor.

Through the baby monitor I can hear her cursing me out and I smirk as I close my eyes when I hear her walking back into the room and sitting on the bed.

"Can you pass me the bib on your side by the side table?" Victoria murmurs.

I groan and reach over to grab it before tossing it behind me and Victoria hits me with it.

"I hope you're enjoying your rest!" she scowls.

"Ow!?" I frown. "You wanted a baby, didn't you?" I scowl over my shoulder.

Victoria sighs annoyed and fluffs up the cushions to lay Allison on it and I turn over to my side to see Victoria staring down at Allison.

She blinks several times before she stands from the bed and walks out of the room.

Sighing to myself, I look back at Allison and pinch her small cheeks. "I guess you want to sleep with your Mummy and Daddy eh?"

I carefully grab Allison and lay her into my arms before falling asleep again.

Waking up the next morning was definitely something.

I had Allison screaming in my ears and I groan.

I try to hush her by lightly tapping on her mouth teasingly which only creates a blabbering sob. I chuckle quietly before Victoria takes her and hushes her quietly.

I frown and look back at the untouched side of her bed.

"Where were you?" I question.

She doesn't say anything and I sigh annoyed.

"Re-"

"Zayn. I'm tired. Don't push me." In other words - fuck off.

I bite my lip and stop myself from touching her. Allison however has stopped crying which I'm not surprised about.

I make my way into the bathroom to have a shower, and change into my business attire again.

Same shit. Different day.

Walking back out, Victoria is almost falling asleep as Allison looks around the room wide awake.

I wish I could be a better father. Maybe Victoria is right.

I'm scared of fucking up, afraid of losing my control when she's under my care.

I'm not capable of looking after her alone. I need someone with me.

I leave a kiss against Allison's cheek and Victoria flinches and pulls away.

"Are you angry at me?" I question.

"A little. Yeah." Victoria murmurs tiredly.

If she wasn't so tired, she wouldn't be taking this the wrong way, but she's exhausted and moody.

"Is it because you're tired?" I question suspiciously.

"It's because you don't help out."

I sigh. "I'll try tonight."

"I won't hold my breath." She frowns.

I blink at her and let it go. "I love you."

She closes her eyes and looks as if she's trying to fall asleep.

"I love you more." I say in a high pitched voice and she smirks before opening her tired eyes.

"I love you Zayn." She says quietly. "Enjoy your day at work."

I half smile as she looks down at Allison.

I lean down again to kiss Allison's cheek and run the back of my finger along her skin. "I'm glad she has your cheeks." I smile.

Victoria looks back down at her with a small smile on her face.

Walking down the staircase, I decided to tell Eve, that Victoria is having some sleep and that Allison is awake.

Victoria needs a break and that is my fault she isn't getting it.

After seven hours of working, I arrived home tired and annoyed. My mother had just left when I got home and we shared a brief conversation in the drive way.

Opening the door to the house, I make my way upstairs and find Victoria resting on the bed. I bend down to kiss her cheek and she sighs quietly before rolling on the other side.

I walk into Allison's room to see Eve holding Allison.

"Looks like daddy's home." Eve smiles and I smile half heartedly.

"Is she okay?" I question.

"Yes. I've just brought up her wind, so now she can have some sleep." Eve says and I nod.

"Thank you Eve."

She bends down to place Allison in her crib and I tuck her in as Eve walks out of the room.

"You're back." Victoria murmurs tiredly.

I nod as I turn to face her. She folds her arms.

"You should be sleeping." I say.

"I tried. I heard your voice in the baby monitor and I woke up." She sighs and rubs her eyes.

When I look at Victoria properly, I realise just how exhausted and run down she looks.

"Since it's Saturday tomorrow, maybe you can look after her half a day till I catch up on some sleep." Victoria questions and I wince.

"I don't know."

"Please? I'm exhausted."

"But-"

She sighs annoyed. "Never mind. Don't worry about it."

"Re-"

"I'll look after her myself, it's okay." She shrugs.

"I might be working."

"It's a Saturday. You don't work on Saturdays." She sighs and walks out of the room and into our room.

"I work on Saturday sometimes." I shrug.

"You're ridiculous." Victoria shakes her head. "You've been sleeping this whole time and here I am looking after our baby."

"Hey. Don't forget that you were the reason why we have this baby. I never wanted this baby."

Victoria shakes her head. "You're seriously still saying that?! I said I'm sorry. But I thought you'd have a change of heart now that an actual baby is in the picture. You barely touch her Zayn."

"I do." I say defensively.

"Oh really?! but you won't look after her. What would happen if I wasn't here?! You wouldn't be able to last."

"That baby wouldn't even be here if you weren't!" I scowl.

Victorias frown subsides and she shakes her head as the defeat washes over her features.

That was a bit too far.

"I'm going to have a shower." She replies tiredly. "You've pissed me."

I sigh annoyed and rub my face with annoyance. "I'm sor-."

"No fuck you. And you're sorry apology!" Victoria scowls before walking into the bathroom.

I swallow hard and walk out of the room and stop in the hallway. Taking a deep breath, I walk into Allison's room and look down at her as she sleeps.

I'm sorry I'm not a good father for you. I'm trying.

I sit myself down in the rocking chair and just gaze out the window, then down at Allison. She and Victoria are my future now.

"I guess it's daddy and daughter day tomorrow." I smile, but it doesn't touch my eyes when I end up frowning.

I don't know how people can change drastically. I wish I had someone who could help me through this. I know Victoria is helping me, but maybe from a males perspective.

Mark has a daughter, but if I'll be honest he doesn't even look like a father. So I think he'd be the last person I turn too.

I shake my head and stand over the baby cot to see Allison sleeping. Both her fists are above her head as if she was stretching and my heart softens at the site.

Considering our nurse had the gender wrong, I'm starting to enjoy having a girl. Although a boy would have made things a lot easier, I love my little Allison.

Next day

Most of the day, Ally was sleeping.

She was absolutely fine to take care of while Victoria rested. The only trouble I had was changing her diaper. I didn't think a baby as small as her can shit that many times.

I'm cringing just thinking about it.

Looking over at Allison who's resting peacefully, I turn the baby monitor on and walk back into our room to see Victoria still sleeping.

Reaching over to tap her shoulder, my phone begins to ring and I sigh.

"Malik!"

"Sir, are you still able to make it to the appearance tonight?"

I frown. "What appearance?!"

"For the Nero's bar and restaurant that you had developed with Mckenzie Bowden."

I forgot about that. Having Allison now in our lives has kind of changed everything around.

I look down at Victoria who's slowly starting to awaken from her deep slumber. "I'll call you back."

Victoria stretches out her arms and yawns as I sit down by her legs.

"Sleep well?" I murmur.

She nods. "Did you have a good day with our daughter?"

I nod and frown. I'm surprised I lasted that long. "She was sleeping most of the time."

Victoria smiles before rolling her eyes. "Cheeky girl. She's already being nice to you."

I frown. "What?"

"She's usually crying for food, if it's not for food, It's to be held or whatever." Victoria sighs. "Did she cry at all?"

"No she was sleeping." I shake my head. "Ahh I have an appearance tonight."

Victoria frowns. "Are you going?"

I clear my throat, "Well, I wanted to ask you first."

She looks down and pulls the blankets off her before standing. "I guess you can."

"Just don't be home late- and please don't come home drunk."

"It's an appearance, not a party."

***

"Sir?" It's a strange site to see when you see two Eve's walking in with a dressing gown on and disheveled hair.

For the most part my devious mind skipped to the dirt and actually thought that Mark and her were fucking which is quite disturbing in a decent way.

"Sshh." I cover her mouth and her gaze widens as I close my eyes to stop the room from spinning. "Victoria will hear you." I whisper.

I move my hand away from her mouth and stumble my way over to the bar.

"Sir?" Eve sounds confused. "Would you like some water?"

I blink at Eve as she walks around the bar and into kitchen.

"Water is for pussies." I slur as I lay my arms on the bench and rest my head against it.

"Don't tell Victoria I was drinking." I murmur. If I was honest it sounded more like jon-ell-viroia-I-waz-shjrinkin.

"Zayn?"

I gasp and stand to hide behind Eve as Victoria walks down the staircase and into the kitchen.

"sshh."

"Zayn." Victoria says tiredly.

"No Zayns not here." I call out.

"Seriously Zayn. I'm not up for games." Victoria replies sternly.

Sober. Act sober.

I step away from Eve and she slowly dismisses herself as Victoria folds her arms at me.

"Do you realise it's three in the morning?"

"No." I shake my head. "It's actually two in the afternoon."

"No it's not?" Victoria frowns.

"In New Zealand it is."

Victoria rolls her eyes. "You're so hard to stay angry at!"

"Why are you angry at me?" I frown confused.

She looks at me as if I was dumb.

"Because I told you not to stay out too late. Or come home drunk. And look you're drunk and home late."

"Early. I'm home early because it's three in the morning." I smile.

"Stop it!"

I take my seat on the barstool again.

"I'm not doing anything." I shrug.

Victoria sighs and looks upstairs as Allison begins to cry. "She's been up all night."

Why does she complain about it when she so desperately wanted one?

"You wanted the baby in the first place!" I shrug.

Victoria frowns.

"I did. But I didn't think I'd be the one looking after her by myself."

My good mood drops as I start to sober. The things that I've been trying to avoid talking about rises and I can't hold it back this time.

I'm still pissed off about it, even if I tried to forgive and forget.

"Maybe if you didn't go behind my back and did what you did, we wouldn't be in this situation. If you had patience, I would have wanted a baby now when everything was sorted. But no, you had to go behind my fucking back and do it."

Victoria blinks at me.

Nothing?! She has nothing to say.

"I fucking trusted you!" I yell and stop myself from going any further when I realise just how loud I was as my voice echoed through the great house.

When I speak again, it's merely controlled, but low.

"Just stop yelling at me. She's here because of you. I know she's my daughter, but how am I suppose to accept something when my mind isn't mentally prepared for something like this. You knew the truth from the fucking start and you lied to me." I say through gritted teeth.

Tears start to well up in her eyes. "Over and over and over again Victoria." I continue.

I shake my head. "Were you ever going to tell me?!"

She swallows and dashes her tears away. "I thought- I thought we were over this -"

"Answer the question." I say through gritted teeth.

If I wasn't so drunk right now, I'd be standing.

"N-no." Her voice is barely above a whisper.

I shake my head.

"Was this worth it?" I murmur. "Is that all you wanted from me - a baby?"

"No! Zayn no!" She shakes her head continuing to dash her tears away. "I knew you'd be angry when you found out and I'm sorry. I really am sorry but having her makes me feel whole again."

I widen my gaze at her. "Am I not enough?!"

She shakes her head, looking frustrated and torn between the things I've pointed out.

"We weren't even married for two months and you pull this shit?" I slur. "I knew how much you wanted a baby Victoria, but I never thought you'd go as far as you did."

I stand this time to see her tears still falling in silence.

"You would have never wanted children Zayn." she frowns, voice quiet. "You ask me how many children we're going to have in the future, you tell me you want a boy, but you just don't seem into it as much as I am."

My control flies again.

"You forced this on me! Instead of talking to me about this like a normal couple should, you go behind my back and do it selfishly."

Victoria weeps silently and doesn't attempt to wipe her tears away this time.

"Stop it." She blabbers. "Stop it please. I'm sorry! okay?! I'm sorry!"

"Are you lying about anything else?!"

"What?" She shakes her head vigorously, attempting to wipe away any tears that are spilling down from her eyes. "No. No. I haven't!"

"Really?!" I narrow my gaze at her. "Because this is a pretty fat lie and what makes it worse, is that I had a funny feeling it was you." I frown. "You put on a good show Re."

"I'm sorry." Taking a deep breath, Victoria dashes her tears away.

She pierces her lips together and shakes her head before turning around and walking upstairs.

1 week later.

"You said you'd be home before ten. It's almost two in the morning. Where are you?!" The phone line to the message Victoria has left goes dead and I wince at the screen as James slaps my back.

"One more round come on."

"I have to go home." I slur. "Wife is angry." I pull a face and James chuckles.

"Oh damn." He shakes his head. "Alright man, thanks for coming tonight, come again tomorrow night." James offers.

I rub my eyes and nod tiredly as I make my way out of the club and into the Audi.

When I finally arrive home, I toss the keys on the side table by the entrance door and when I turn I see Victoria in front of me.

I jump back.

"Wow." I slur.

"Did you drive home?!" she frowns.

I don't answer her. Instead, I walk past her.

Victoria doesn't move or say anything as she keeps her eyes on me. Her hand is on her hip and she's giving me that look. As drunk as I am, I know I'm in the shit.

But I'm too high and too drunk too care.

I sigh and slowly take my jacket off as I hear an ear fill.

"You told me you weren't going to go out and I get a message from you saying you won't be home till ten when you told me you were going to take care of Allison tonight."

I don't reply.

"Zayn. Please just talk to me. How long are you going to keep this up?!" Victoria frowns. "You go out every night."

"It's only been two nights." I murmur.

"It's been six nights. Six nights!" she repeats. "You're barely home as it is Zayn!"

I sigh. "I'm sorry, it's Saturday tomorrow. I'll look after her."

"You said that yesterday." Victoria shakes her head disappointedly before walking away.

When I follow behind she stops and holds her hand up against my chest. "You're sleeping on the couch again." Victoria frowns. "Allison's sleeping with me."

"Can I see her?" I scowl.

"No!" Victoria scowls. "You reek of alcohol and weed. Stay away from her till you're sober."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and turn away from her.

"Goodnight Zayn."

I mumble something incoherent back.

Taking a look at the time on my watch, I realise it's half past two in the morning and I sigh as I walk down the hallway to grab the spare blankets.

Before going to sleep, I take down a few glasses of water and sigh quietly as I lean down on the kitchen bench and bury my face into my hands.

Breathe. In and out.

As my mind begins to sober, my gaze falls down to my wedding band. I frown momentarily before taking another drink.

Since l finally opened my mouth to Victoria on Saturday, things between us have been unsteady.

Being a person who likes to think on my own, I can't do that anymore. I guess in the late hours of the night is the only time I can. Now that I'm kicked out of our room and thrown onto the couch, I do more thinking than sleeping.

I miss what she and I had. I miss the late night talking and the teasing but like I said, everything has changed.

I guess we're both selfish in a needy and twisted way.

I know that having a baby can either bring a couple closer and I'd like to think that's true, but I'm the one that's causing the wrong by ignoring her.

I guess it's time to get over it. The damage is done like I've said before.

Allison is already born, it's not like I can take my sperm back.

I grab my glass and take the rest of the water down before turning off the lights and making my way to my temporary bed.

The next morning, I'm absolutely tired when I wake up.

Even though I'm forcing myself to go back to sleep, I get up and stretch my limbs out as I feel myself wanting to vomit from last night.

Fuck. I'm in for a mouthful this morning.

I frown to myself as I catch myself day dreaming.

I'm turning out to be like my father.

I shake my head. I can't do that.

After relieving myself, I make my way into the kitchen to see Victoria and Eve looking at Allison and sharing girl talk amongst each other.

I sigh quietly and look down at my feet then back up to Victoria.

Here goes nothing.

Walking into the kitchen, both Eve and Victoria stop talking and I clear my throat.

"Morning." I murmur.

Eve, as always smiles warmly. "Good morning sir."

Victoria doesn't reply and says something to Eve. Eve grabs Allison from Victoria and I sigh.

Oh no.

Allison is going with Eve, that means there's going to be an argument.

Or maybe I should keep my mouth shut and let her rant.

"Have you had breakfast?" I try for a conversation but Victoria is pissed off at me for being out again, just like the last several nights.

Something your real father did too, idiot.

I sigh and drop my cup back into the sink.

"It's the sixth time you've come home late." Victoria says. "And you even drove home drunk." She pauses. "and stoned."

"I was fine."

"You weren't. You were slurring last night!" Victoria says. "Zayn you barely come home. The last time I had a decent conversation with you was last Sunday!"

"I've been busy."

"Busy doing what, drinking with James?! I ask you to look after Ally once and you don't even show up. You're lucky I postponed my appointment yesterday! Eve wasn't even here!"

"I was at work."

"You told me you were going to take time off to look after her. I'm sick and tired of you lying. This is getting worse!"

I sigh and look down. "It's not like you haven't done it before."

She pierces her lips together.

Yeah, I'm bringing it up again. It's not so nice when someone brings up something wrong from your past is it?!

"I know this is hard for you Zayn! but cut me some slack. I barely get enough sleep. It's bad that I'm looking after a baby by myself, but looking after you and Allison, is starting to get annoying."

"Re-"

"I am tired of you doing this. You say you'll be home at a specific time and you come home at one or two in the morning, drunk. But stoned?! You were stoned last night!"

Oh, just like your father.

I bite my lip as my self conscious gets at me. "I'll look after her today."

"Can you even handle it? It's been almost a week since you last carried her!"

"How about we just see what happens!" I scowl before walking out of the kitchen I stop and turn around to face her. "Are you done?"

She nods.

There I managed to somewhat keep my fucking mouth shut.

"Eve!" I call out and see her walk out of the staff quarters.

Slowly walking towards her, I look down at Allison who's in Eves arms and I gaze at Eve.

"Is she okay?"

"She's good. Would you like to hold her?"

I nod as I take her into my arms. I didn't realise how much weight Allison had put on.

Her eyes blink momentarily as I look down at her.

They widen and then she goes cross eyed which causes me to frown, then smile.

I blow in her face and she closes her eyes, her body shaking momentarily before she's opening them again.

She's grown up so much already and it's been a week.

I bite my lip and make my way into the lounge. I adjust the beanie on her head and play with her soft cheeks again.

I love her cheeks.

Holding Allison now compared to last week feels a lot better.

Different almost.

Maybe all that drinking the past six days did help in some psychotic ways.

***

For the most part, Eve had helped me. By helped, I mean, she did most of everything when it came to Allison.

I was struggling.

I was fine at first but as soon as she started crying I froze. I don't like hearing her cry.

It's like I've done something wrong, or I'm not doing anything right.

I just don't like it.

When I look down at Allison who's sleeping peacefully in her cot, I take a deep breath and thank Eve.

I couldn't have survived without her but I hope Victoria has caught up on rest.

I walk into the lounge to find Victoria sound asleep on the couch and I sit down at the end of it.

This couch is pretty comfortable.

I would know that since it is my bed now.

Looking down at Victoria, I realise how peaceful and relaxed she looks. I don't want to wake her, because she deserves all this rest. but I need to talk to her.

I place my hand on her thigh and shake her lightly.

"Re."

Her eyes widen immediately and she blinks momentarily before she sits up abruptly "What's wrong?!" she frowns, voice husky and tiresome. "Is Allison okay?!"

I smile and swallow down the bile in my throat. "She's okay. She's sleeping."

Victoria sighs in relief and places her feet on the ground.

"I made you some tea." I murmur.

She smiles and thanks me quietly before curling up to herself and holding it above her knees and blowing away the steam.

The airy, and unneeded distance between us just makes me realise how separate we've been since I made her cry on Saturday.

I push that night away so I'm able to talk to her.

"I didn't want to wake you, but I wanted to apologise, properly."

Victoria looks down and sighs.

"Re I'm sorry." I shake my head and look down at my hands. "For everything. I was struggling today and I've realised how much you've done without me."

Victoria looks at me. "I know. I understand and it's fine."

I gaze at her, but she's still staring down at her cup.

"I taught her how to poke the tongues." I smile and Victoria frowns. "Well she copies me sometimes." I murmur.

She nods and smiles up at me before taking a sip from her drink.

"Re." I reach over and grab her hand.

Victoria blinks down at our hands, appearing to look confused, before she gazes back at me.

I blink at her and frown.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head and sighs quietly.

I squeeze her hand only to have her pull her hand from my grasp.

Victoria bites her lip and places her tea on the coffee table that's in front of her and looks at me, her lip trembling and her eyes watering.

Standing tall, Victoria walks closer to me and sits down before snuggling closer to my body.

I wrap my arms around her confused as she closes her eyes and sobs.

"It's okay. Sshh." I whisper.

She shakes violently before standing and breaking free. Fresh tears are on her cheeks and I blink up at her.

"You're never home!" She blabbers. "You're always gone!"

"I know."

"You don't touch me anymore!" She continues.

"I know. But it's going to change. I'm home now. I'm done with that. No more. I'm here for you and our baby Re."

She dashes her tears away as I stand and pull her into a hug. Victoria falls limb before I lean down and kiss her cheek. Her salty tears fall along my lips as I kiss hers.

"I'm here." I whisper. "Okay?"

She nods and sniffs to herself before wrapping her arms around my torso. I close my eyes and kiss her hair and press my cheek against her head.

"I miss you." She chokes.

I close my eyes.

You're a real dick Zayn. Even when you're married to the girl, you still make her cry.

I hold her tighter. "I love you so much. I'm sorry."

She pulls away and dashes her tears away.

I stop her and use my thumb to take over her job. She sniffs and sniffs and I cup her face.

"Breathe."

She sniffs again and I kiss her hard.

"I'll make it up to you tonight." I whisper. "I promise.

Victoria frowns then nods.

"I'm going to have a shower." She whispers, voice raspy.

I kiss her again and she smiles, but it's not a full smile that I love.

One step at a time, I guess.

Walking into the staff quarters, I knock on the door and Eve walks out. She smiles politely.

"Sir?"

"This maybe a big offer to ask, but will you be able to look after Allison for one or two hours. I want to take Victoria out."

Her face brightens up. "Of course, you don't have to ask me twice." She smiles and I sigh in relief.

"Thank you Eve." I nod. "She's still sleeping ." I remind her before making my way upstairs.

Victoria is in the wardrobe and I poke her butt as she bends down to grab her bra she just dropped. She squeals, jolts up and turns to face me with her face bright red.

I smile.

"You gave me a fright."

"Sorry. I'm taking you out to dinner." I say.

"What about Allison-"

"I've already talked to Eve about that. She'll take care of her. Just for a couple of hours. If you don't want that, we can still take Ally."

Victoria scratches her head. "I guess we can go by ourselves." She shrugs. "It's going to be hard though."

"I know it will be." I bite my lip. "At least I can spoil you tonight."

She half smiles and shakes her head before pushing me out. "I'm going to have a shower."

I nod and make my way out of the bedroom and into Allison's room to check on her.

She looks so peaceful.

For a moment, I want to take her with us, but I don't want to wake her.

My trance stops when I hear Victoria calling out.

"Zayn!" Her voice sounds worried and I frown as I make my way out, down the hallway and into our bathroom.

"Zayn!" she calls out again.

I sigh annoyed and walk into the bathroom and Victoria stands shakily in the shower.

"What?"

"Zayn, I think something's wrong!"

I frown as I scan down her naked body, and then at the pool of blood that's on the shower floor.

Holy shit.

A/N; hiya chillers.

I erased the ending, so you'll have to wait for the next chapter to see what happened (;

Gotta love cliffhangers!

GO CHECK OUT CAPTIVE IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY !!

I'm not going to do a double update like I said in the previous chapter, only because well I don't know really.. but I asked if you wanted me to update this or wait two days for a double update. But you guys wanted an update now so here it is!

-Chanel xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 3.7K 24
"not even in my wildest dreams." (disclaimer) i do not own liam and zayn. i am in no way implying that anything in this story happens in real life. i...
952 270 38
#248 in druglord #37 in rosepetalawards COMPLETE BOOK!!!!! WILL BE UNDER SEVERE EDITING SOON!!! she opened her eyes. they were crystal blue and then...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
703K 7.6K 199
INSTAGRAM: 2 New Notifications @zaynmalik liked your post. @zaynmalik started following you! ❊❊❊ what happens when zayn malik becomes infatuated with...