The 4 Horsemen of Highschool...

By PitaNemuritoare

Strife, Fury, War...Death...4 individuals that were once feared by most who dipped their toes into the supern... More

2 Million
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
MEME REVIEW
MEME REVIEW 2
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
MEME REVIEW 3
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
End of the Line
Other ideas I had...
MEME REVIEW: THE LAST

Chapter 47

23K 458 331
By PitaNemuritoare

Leon's POV

After that little workout, I had to take another shower. I'm lucky that these walls are thick so nobody heard us... hopefully.

Still, I never thought I'll give in to these desires so easily. Having feelings for someone can make you do all sorts of things. But... I'm more than sure that she's the one Vali talked about when speaking about my ties with that terrorist group, through the process of elimination. In that case...is it really alright to...

Death: "I don't see what's the problem."

Ok. Sometimes I really hate the fact that I'm not able to know what he's up to. Good thing Kuroka is taking a shower, so she doesn't see me talking to myself since she shouldn't be able to hear him.

Leon:"... and i suppose you watched everything?"

Death:"I am part of you, aren't I? However, you don't need to think so much about what happened."

Leon:"I... don't know, Death. It's the first I ever got so interested in someone. I don't know if it was the heat of the moment or the fact that I was tired and couldn't think straight. But...shall I ever face Vali's group, she'd be my enemy..."

Death: "True, but why let that stop you. Working for the council, I witnessed a lot of romances flourishing on the battlefield. Demons and Angels, who didn't care in the slightest about what their people would think."

Leon: "I get that, but...this is a bit different. It's not just about those feelings of love. I have acted upon them, I'll have to shoulder what is to come."

Death: "Perhaps are you afraid of what the rest will say about your 'exchange' with the enemy? People like Rias Gremory or her associates?"

Leon: "That wasn't even a good joke. As if I'll let them meddle into my private life. I think you got me wrong. What I'm afraid is that one day, I'll have to choose between her and someone from my family. That might as well be my doom."

...

Death: "Through your eyes, I have seen many examples of humans, good and bad, but it while being cautious is a good attribute, you don't have to let it plague you at all times. It's ok to the hit the brakes sometimes."

...

Leon: "Heh. Looks like I got myself one hell of a therapist. On a serious note, thank you...I needed that."

Sigh... maybe it's time I relax a bit more. Thinking about it, a life together doesn't sound too bad, however, I'll have to sort it out with her, first.

Speaking of Kuroka, she just left the shower, with a big white towel wrapped around her, attempting to cover her chest.

Kuroka: "That was refreshing."

She sat down next to me on the bed, leaning on my shoulder as she dragged my arm around hers.

Kuroka: "Are you ok? You do seem a bit out of it. If it's about before, then-"

Leon: "I was just thinking, about what's to come."

Kuroka: "And?"

Leon: "I'm thinking of giving you a chance. Considering what happened today and what I've been feeling for a while, I might regret it further down the line, but...

Hearing my words, she was beyond happy, snuggling more into my chest. Heh, she was really waiting for this answer, wasn't she?

Leon: "But that means fewer secrets between us. You already know a lot about me, the curse, my family, to a certain extent, even where I live. I want to know about you, as well."

There was a bit of silence before she looked straight into my eyed and started speaking.

Kuroka: "I... wasn't always a devil. There was a time where my blood was pure, before being taken into a peerage... along with my sister."

Leon: "You have a sister?"

Kuroka: "Yes. The little girl with white hair that I asked you about the first time we met? That's her. But at the time, she went by Shirone."

Leon: "So that's why you were so interested in Koneko."

Kuroka: "I can't really complain about my life in the peerage, since I have seen examples of worse, but as time went on, maturing, I developed a thirst for blood and power. That resulted in me killing the king and being branded a stray. Shirone, however, was taken in by the Gremory family, where she still is."

...

She is stray? Putting herself in danger just to see a few people... That's no way to live.

...

Death:"Thirst for blood, out of nowhere...? Leon...thread carefully."

Now you're suspicious?

Death:"Cautious. From experience, this may not be as truthful of a confession as you'd think."

You don't really give me reasons to doubt your thinking, so I'll follow your advice...for now.

Leon: "So you joined Vali's team in order to have some sort of protection from being hunted."

Kuroka: "Up to a point. I was also interested in the white dragon emperor's power, but he rejected me, which made me target the red emperor. Still, I'm glad I changed my target once again."

This was a lot to take in. The fact that Koneko doesn't talk about her sister makes me think their relationship isn't exactly a good one. Without realizing, I lost myself in thoughts about solving this case and never realized someone entered my room.

...

Scarlett: "Well this is a pleasant surprise. And here I thought you have difficulties in finding love."

My mother was quite happy, to say the least. Did I really need it that much? Someone special, that is. She got closer...just to touch Kuroka's ears. Now that I remember, she has a thing for furry animals, cats, dogs. You name it.

In a way, I'm surprised she took it so well. I don't think most parents would have kept their calm, seeing this.

Leon: "Mother, what are you doing?"

Scarlett: "Hmm? Checking out what's my son's type, obviously. I have to say, the ears and the tails are a nice addition."

Did she just... Wow...

Kuroka: "Umm? I suppose I should introduce myself? Kuroka."

Scarlett: "Scarlett Creed, if you keep it up, possibly your future mother in law."

Leon: "Ah! Not again!", I stood up and paced around the room. She REALLY annoys me when she acts like this.

Scarlett:"Relax, Leon. Can't a mother enjoy the fact that her son is finally opening up to someone in that special way?"

Leon: "You can, but nobody said anything about marriage yet. I haven't even graduated."

Scarlett: "True, but you CAN get engaged."

Leon: "Sigh...how does father deal with this side of you..."

I suppose all this was amusing for Kuroka, cause she started laughing.

Kuroka: "Haha! I knew you were quite unusual, Leon, but it looks like the rest of your family is as well."

Needless to say, my mother took it as a compliment.

Scarlett: "Well, it runs in the family, I guess. Leaving that aside, I came here to get you for dinner. That being said, you need to get dressed as well.", She grabbed Kuroka and dragged her away.

Great...now I won't hear the end of it from Bruce and my father. What else to do than get dressed myself.

3rd POV

Meanwhile, at the dinner table, Alexander along with his daughter and 3 sons were discussing their relationship with the supernatural...the romantic relationships. The point of discussion was obviously Bruce, Desmond, and Jason.

Bruce: "Can you give it a rest, father? Yes, we love someone. Big deal. Why don't you call reporters while you're at it?"

Alex: "If you want to, sure."

Good thing Aina took away his phone.

Aina: "Alexander, leave your sons alone. You don't have to tease them about it."

Alex: "Give that back."

Aina: "Unfortunately for you, I work under Scarlett."

Alex: "Sigh... you're not fun. Also, do you happen to know if Leon is interested in someone?"

Desmond: "I can't really tell if yes or no since he's never sincere with what he feels when it comes to these kinds of things."

Jason, however, was laughing on the inside, remembering the time he let his brother at the mercy of that girl.

Scarlett: "What are you talking so intensively about?"

Alex: "Oh. I was just asking if Leon had any inte-"

His words stopped there, as he gazed upon his eldest son walking hand in hand with a girl. The ears and the tails were gone, which prompted even Leon to look more at her attire. She was wearing a white sweater that left her shoulders uncovered. A pair of leggings of a deep purple were hugging her legs and waist, complementing her subtle figure. You'd say she was an angel, but it was quite the contrary.

Both of them took a seat between Anna and Aina, the only 2 free seats. His father was still staring at him.

Leon: "What?"

Alex: "You...When did this happen?", He asked Bruce.

Bruce: "How would I know who replaced the prick Leon was."

...

'I. AM. RIGHT. HERE!', Leon thought.

Scarlett: "Don't embarrass your son, Alex. His partner here is Kuroka and she's not exactly the normal kind of girl."

It's clear they didn't tell Aina yet. Fortunately, his father isn't denser than periodic elements.

Alex: "I see. Then, welcome to the family I suppose."

Leon: "Not you as well!"

Bruce: "Come on, Leon. Let him have it. If we 3 endured it until now, you will as well."

Leon: "You little-"

Bruce: "Ah! Want to be grounded for swearing? My bookshelf could use some dusting."

Kuroka: "Off to work you should go then."

Jason was having the time of his life and that didn't go unnoticed.

Leon: "Something good happened, Jason? I still have to pay you back, don't I? Watch out next time you are alone with Xenovia. I'm after you."

Jason: "Come on. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it."

Leon: "That's not the point, you little traitor.", he stood up and ruffled his hair, something Jason doesn't really like.

On the other side of the table, Anna was starring a lot at Kuroka. After all, it's the first time she meets her and she was interested in who got her brother's attention, known to not trust a lot of people.

The black cat was aware of that. She was somewhat fascinated by Anna as well, to the point where she picked her up and hugged her tightly. In a way, she was reminded of Koneko, when they were still little.

Bruce: "Guess you're not so bad after all."

Kuroka: "A cat's claws come out only when she attacks. But this ball of cuteness disarmed me completely.", She continued to caress her hair.

Alex: "Sounds like a good catch to me, Leon."

Leon: "And I don't remember going fishing...but yes. I'm quite happy with how things turned out to be."

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and a feast. At the very least, Kuroka felt part of a family again. As the 'party' came to an end, each one returned to their rooms, Alex, Scarlett, and Anna sharing one. The same way, Kuroka stayed the night together with our horseman of death, who was able to enjoy a somewhat decent sleep thanks to her Sage arts.

...

Leon's POV

In the morning, I found myself alone in the room. Kuroka probably left already. It would be suspicious to have her wander off too much. But she left me a souvenir, some sort of necklace full of natural energy that was supposed to make me able to sleep at least 3 hours. It's not much, but it's certainly appreciated.

After finishing dressing up in my uniform, I locked the room and left the keys at the reception. That's where I saw a middle-aged man apologizing and bowing to my father. Must be the father of that prick of an heir from yesterday.

As far as I know, today is scheduled a meeting in the gym with all the students to talk about the summer vacation that was close and also introduce 2 new teachers. I'm sure Uriel and Kalawarner will love it there, except the majority of the male population.

But before that, Bruce and I were called by Sona to the Student Council room. Kinda weird to call just the 2 of us... and upon entering said room, I got a feeling of what might transpire here today.

Inside the room, beside Sona and her peerage, there were also her Sister, Serafall and her parents...

Sona:"Thank you for coming."

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 38.6K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...