The 4 Horsemen of Highschool...

By PitaNemuritoare

Strife, Fury, War...Death...4 individuals that were once feared by most who dipped their toes into the supern... More

2 Million
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
MEME REVIEW
MEME REVIEW 2
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
MEME REVIEW 3
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
End of the Line
Other ideas I had...
MEME REVIEW: THE LAST

Chapter 38

24.2K 603 369
By PitaNemuritoare

Leon'S POV

I guess everyone experienced that time when your parents give you 'the look' and 'the phrase' that can scare you to death...yes? Well... after you experience getting your brain blown off, your heart ripped out and your body shredded by bullets...it kinda loses its effect.

Anyway, I ended up with my parents in the backyard, at a small table, in total silence.

Leon:"Sigh...you said you wanted to talk, yet you keep staying silent."

The only response I got was a sympathetic look... I HATE it when people take pity on me, even if they're family.

My father, Alex, took one more sip of coffee, sat down and finally got serious.

Alex:"I kept thinking about what happened earlier today, about what you said...and my conclusion is that you shouldn't take Abstergo upon yourself."

... Give. Me. A. Break.

Leon:"And why is that?"

Scarlett:"We feel like you wouldn't be happy becoming the CEO."

You're right about that, but...

Leon:"Sigh, you know it's not that simple."

Scarlett:"Yes dear, we know, but we can't let you do it. We realized that you might resent us, but-"

Leon:"No! I don't! And I'll never resent you for anything. You're my parents."

Alex:"...even after not being there when you needed it?"

Leon:"...yes, even after that. But what I won't forget is making the same mistake again!"

...

Alex:"...what happened to wanting to travel the world."

Oh, I've already fulfilled that dream, albeit in less peaceful conditions.

Leon:"Look, that was the rambling of a grade schooler. Have you stopped to consider what the other 3 plan to do?"

Scarlett:"I... can't say I paid too much attention to it..."

Leon:"They actually want to do something meaningful with their life, unlike myself.."

Alex:"Don't talk about yourself like that."

Leon:"But it's the truth, dad."

Alex:"What do you mean?"

...

Leon:"Look around father. Think back to what happened the past 3 years. Did you like how we treated each other then? The constant screaming? The fights? The-"

Scarlett:"Of course we didn't! But you changed."

Leon:"Yes, because I wanted them to change. Because I wanted her to have a normal family.", and because I didn't want to see my brothers turn into monsters.

Alex:"And you did. Don't you think it's time for you to rest as well?"

Leon:"Did I Cause last time I checked You 2 are still busy left and right with this damned business and see each other less often by the year. We're already grown up, but Anna is still a kid!"

Scarlett:"...I know. We know. But, that'll only be pushing things onto you for her sake. How is that fair to you."

Leon:"It doesn't to be fair. I don't care if it is.", I am used to having decisions taken for me by now anyway.

Scarlett:"And you think you can shoulder this all alone?"

Leon:"...Yes..."

Cause running this company can't even begin to compare to duty I've been given out of nowehere...

...

Alex:"Fine, I understand, but that won't happen tomorrow. You don't have to force yourself to get used to Abstergo right now."

Leon:"If not now, then when? Me and Jason are third years. Just a little bit and we'll graduate. While Jason is already mature enough to make his own decisions, I won't be here to help the others."

Alex:"help?"

Leon:"Well, you didn't spend much time together so it's obvious you didn't notice, but... Bruce is too aggressive so he needs to work on his attitude. Being beside me constantly has influenced him in a good way, but eventually, I won't be there anymore. Desmond, while he seems mature, he's too insecure and paranoid at times which makes him second guess himself. As for Anna she needs you 2 the most, cause she's the most sensible out of all of us."

Scarlett:"Sensible?"

Leon:"Remember when I almost got expelled in my second year of high school?"

Alex:"Yes."

Leon:"...Anna was being bullied..."

Scarlett:"W-what?!", She stood up, spilling her coffee.

Leon:"You see, I always had Jason besides me, and Bruce had Desmond, but Anna was always alone when we were away. Unconsciously, she started isolating herself, which doesn't seem like much to a high schooler, but it's enough of a petty reason for small kids to pick on each other. I ended up confronting the instigator which resulted in a fight with his big brother and-"

Alex:"You ended up breaking his right arm and dislocating his left shoulder. But why didn't she tell us?"

Leon:"She only saw the 2 of you when you were extremely busy at work. It's obvious a child wouldn't want to become an eyesore to their parents. She kept repeating over and over 'sorry', while crying, thinking she'll be an annoyance."

Scarlett:"So you ended up taking the blame for all of it, so she'll stay out of it. H-how could I have been so oblivious...", I could already see small tears forming in her eyes.

Alex:"Did you...All the times we ended up fighting...all the troubles you got into...were all to protect and help them?"

Leon:"...yes. I tried to be a parent for them, but it's about time I stop being delusional and start solving the problem from the roots."

After I was done talking, my parents avoided looking me in the eyes. Even without a look, I could tell what they were thinking

My mother even started crying... something I don't enjoy watching. So I went ahead and hugged her, while she kept sobbing in my chest. Sigh...if they fail as parents then I fail as a son for making her cry.

Alex:"Son I... don't even know where to begin with..."

I stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.

Leon:"It's fine. No one holds a grudge, dad. Trust me."

His face after this told me plenty. Maybe there was room for change.

Jason's POV

Even though we should have been sleeping already, we stayed awake and heard the whole conversation, even Anna who seemed uncomfortable remembering getting Leon into troubles.

I could barely control the hate I felt when I heard my brother talking about dreams and the future... Hate targeted at me...for being so incompetent. He's only 11 months older, yet that represents a gap I'll never be able to fill. I don't even think I could have endured what he did, the situation of the family, the depression caused by the memories of the horsemen and on top of that his curse...I would have given up on life... except he can't...

I guess my biggest fear is Leon finding something that could actually kill him...cause I think he would lose his will to live. While we may recover, even Anna, I know for sure that Mom and Dad will never forgive themselves for that...

...

Bruce:"We're pathetic...", He said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Desmond:"What?"

Bruce:"We know how much he's suffering yet we keep letting him destroy himself, piece by piece...It hurts to be called brother by him after this..."

Desmond:"And the worst part... we took it for granted."

Couldn't help but slam my fist onto the table. It does suck to want to cry, but to be unable to feel remorse. Why us...why did have to be us that were chosen to succeed the horsemen...why did it have to be him that became Death... damn it!

...

Suddenly, it got quiet and the back door opened, with Leon and our parents coming in. It was clear that both mom and dad cried just by looking at them...while Leon still had the same caring smile directed at us...I don't deserve it anymore...

It seemed like he was going outside, so I tried my luck with one last question...as his right-hand man.

Jason:"Isn't there any other way, Leon?"

...

Leon:"...I had to make a choice, and I decided. I know you hate it, but it's all I can do I this point."

Even Anna couldn't stop him from leaving the house...and if she couldn't...what chances do we have...?

Leon's POV

It pains my heart to leave like that, but I need to cool my head and think rationally...

Death:"Well, you certainly have a ... different style of life."

Leon:"...Been a while since I last talked to you. And what exactly do you mean?"

Death:"Humans are a selfish creature, that would gladly doom hundreds so they can survive, yet you give so much of yourself for them..."

Leon:"... sometimes I feel like I'm not even human anymore...

Death:"You are human, the curse is proof of that."

Leon:"... right...at least I have a reminder..."

...

Death:"Look, all that discussion reminded me of a question that my brother War once asked me, after clearing his name."

Leon:"So?"

Death:"Would you serve in heaven or rule in hell?"

...

Leon:"Want my honest opinion?"

Death:"sure."

Leon:"How about live my life instead?

...

Death:"Heh... it might sounds insensitive, but I am satisfied with the choice I made."

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
454K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

111K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...