For You

By its_Sesi

A motorbike rider dressed in full leather outfit and helmet, rammed through the opening in the barricade towa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Introducing more Characters
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Preview of new characters and roles
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
More Characters
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Happy Announcement
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Thank you
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
100 reasons to celebrate and thankful for.
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
ASR...What the!!! 10k reads Yay!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Mothers: Most important roles in the story.
Chapter 80 Wedding Part 1
Chapter 81 Wedding Part 2
Chapter 82 Wedding Part 3
Chapter 83 Wedding Final Part
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100 - Final Chapter
Thank You and Coming Soon
Epilogue
Review of "For You"

Chapter 41

923 67 66
By its_Sesi

Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer. - Jean De La Fontaine.

Ajay threw a warning look to his friends, pulled Amrita back into a hug, and kissed her softly on her forehead.

"Everything is going to be all right now. I promise. Just trust me. Ok? I don't want to see you crying like this again. Please, I can't bear it." He said softly.

Amrita looked up into his face and smiled, as she wiped off her tears, and nodded in understanding.

They both slowly walked back to the table and joined Shyam and Mukesh.

Mukesh and Shyam too looked happy and relieved to see them both together. Mukesh raised his tea cup and toasted

"To friendship!" and they all raised their cups too. Somewhere in all their minds, thoughts of Vidya were lingering.

When the Dhaba waiter came to serve the food, Ajay managed to move away towards the hedges, pretending to be on the phone.

They finished their dinner quickly, as Shyam warned that it was not safe for Ajay to be out in the open anymore, as every TV channel was telecasting the horrific explosion, and details of his tragic death, along with his photo.

"Ammu, one more thing. Mukesh and I talked to Brijesh uncle immediately after the explosion. We briefly explained to him what happened, and advised him not to get panicked watching the news about Ajay. I have also explained why neither of you can speak to him directly right now.

He understood totally, and just asked me to make sure that you keep yourselves safe. That's all."

Amrita was worrying about this, and was thankful for their friends' forethought.

Shyam took out two cell phones which looked slightly bigger and different.

"SI Sarang gave me these to give to you guys. Apparently the DIG had arranged for these special non traceable phones. Only the DIG, Sarang, Lawyer Khurana and us two know these numbers. Please try not to call us, unless there is an emergency. We are going to a safe house... kind of. It is a farm house owned by Mukesh's uncle, and it is about 100km from here. I have been told that DIG had arranged security and surveillance on the building for your protection. So stay safe and be happy. We have purchased most of the groceries needed for a 10 day stay, including clothes for you both. Also all the medicines and dressing necessary for Ajay's wound. Ammu you need to change the dressing every 3 days." Shyam explained.

"Is that all Mukesh, or did I miss anything?" he turned towards his friend.

"Yes, Sarang asked us to stay with you for a few days till the news dies down, and they can be sure that neither me nor Shyam will be tailed. We can come back to the city then. After that you two lovebirds have to stay all alone unfortunately, and not get out of the farm house. So sad!" Mukesh added mockingly.

"We will just check and make sure we buy everything necessary on the way. Yaar Ammu, please give me a list of all toiletries you want. Brand and type everything. Understand? This is not the time to feel girly and embarrassed. Come on ...Let's Go!" Shyam hurried them.

Just then Constable Ramesh and Constable Syed walked in to join them. Ajay stood up and shook hands with them warmly.

Both were well known to all the friends by now, and everyone was happy and surprised to see them.

"Sarang Sir told me to accompany you guys to the safe house, and help with surveillance." Ramesh explained.

"That's great news." Shyam replied happily.

Ajay looked a bit concerned.

"Ramesh, surveillance requires long hours work and night time work too. I know how good and alert you are; but you should be enjoying your last few years in service. I am not sure why Sarang asked you to do such hard job."

"Please sir, don't underestimate my tenacity and love of my job, even if I am close to retiring age. A lot of constables in the station volunteered to take up the job, as we all consider it our duty to protect you. But I am so glad Sarang Sir chose me. It's not hard work at all. Don't worry about me.

Syed had been assigned the most difficult job I think." Ramesh smiled mischievously.

"What do you mean?" Ajay asked curiously.

"Can all of you please handover your mobile phones to me." Constable Syed asked in a stern way.

There were loud groans from Shyam and Mukesh. But ultimately they understood it was for their best and gave in.

Amrita returned her phone too. Ajay's phone was already with the police.

"Did you speak to Sonali today?" Ajay asked Shyam, taking pity at his poor friend's situation.

"Yes, I called her and explained that we are all safe and not to believe the news." Shyam replied gloomily.

"Once you guys are settled in the safe house, I will take that truck back to the city, and drop it at your brother's garage." Syed clarified. Shyam thanked him and they all set off immediately.

Amrita, Ajay and Mukesh left in Amrita's car while Shyam and Syed followed them in the truck with the supplies purchased. Constable Ramesh got on his motorbike. They stopped midway in a town which had some supermarkets and clothing shops. Amrita and Ajay gave their lists of requirements to Shyam.

Shyam glanced through the lists, but frowned and cursed looking at Ajay's list.

"What the hell man? Now, how can I go to shops for this??"

Amrita and Mukesh looked at both of them in confusion.

"Shush... Yaar!! Can't you do me this small favour? It's such a tiny job. Please!!" Ajay pleaded.

Shyam looked at Ajay as if he was ready to kill him but decided against it.

"Ok you guys go ahead. Mukesh had given me the directions and map. We will reach there after we finish the shopping." He replied grumpily, and walked towards the shops.

"What did you want in that list that he was so upset about?" Mukesh asked him, his curiosity having doubled by now.

"Are we going to chitchat here all night? I thought we were in a hurry. Let's go!!" Ajay demanded.

"Ok Boss!" Shyam gave him a mean look and started the car.

After a short time, they reached a large farmhouse, which was on the outskirts of a small village, and quite isolated. There was police constable Kumar in mufti as watchman. He checked all their faces and let them inside. Ramesh arrived there on his motorbike, and started checking the security arrangements with his colleague. They decided to split 12 hour shifts between themselves.

It was almost 10PM by then. The gardens around the farmhouse were quite large and the house was right in the middle.

The farmhouse was built quite recently and was quite spacious with 4 bedrooms, a large kitchen and two living areas.

"Thank god for your rich relatives Mukesh." Amrita teased him as she looked around the house in awe.

"I don't know why this guy even bothers to work as marketing manager. His father has large properties in our home town, and all his uncles are rich." Ajay too joined.

"Can you two stop bashing me and freshen up. I love my job and I hate to live in a place like this, and I love my city life. Thank you very much. Anyway girls now days don't want to marry a guy, just because he has lots of property and rich uncles. OK? Not someone like ..." Mukesh stopped himself abruptly.

"Not someone like Anita you mean?" Amrita guessed shrewdly.

Ajay whistled loudly.

"Anita and you!! When did this happen? You guys are too fast. Huh!! I neither have the skills nor the patience for this."

"Hey Hero ... You stop right there..." Mukesh bowed to him mockingly.

"You are not bothered because you don't even have to try. Girls fall all over you, just like that. You should hear Anita speak about you. Ajay this, Ajay that. She hero worships you literally."

"If it wasn't for the fact that she saved my life that day, I would probably hate her by now." Amrita admitted grudgingly and laughed aloud.

"Mukesh, they just look at me as a responsible and gentle person, and of course my job kind of adds authority and power dynamism to that. Other than that, I am no different from any of you. I have my tempers, insecurities, imperfections, worst habits and all the rest. Only Ammu knows that side of me, but she still loves me, and that's all I care about." Ajay wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her hair.

"OMG You two really make me sick." Mukesh rolled his eyes and made a mock face and they all laughed together.

Mukesh began to bring some of the stuff from his car inside. Ajay went to help him.

It had been such a wild and long day that everyone was ready to crash in.

But Mukesh opened the Medical kit first, gave some medicines to Ajay, and explained the dosage and frequency as prescribed by Anita.

"Ajay, these night medicines would make you feel drowsy, so take them happily and sleep. But just beware."

He then asked Ajay to remove his shirt, so he can change the bandage.

"Now, Oy Ms Fake Nurse, come and watch carefully on how I do this. You have to do this from tomorrow." He called Amrita to join.

Ajay removed his shirt and Mukesh gently removed the old bandage. The wound still looked very much raw and bruised.

Mukesh cleaned up the wound with the antiseptic and saline lotion, and applied the new dressing carefully. Tears welled up in Amrita's eyes at the terrible price Ajay had to pay to save her.

Ajay looked at her exasperatedly.

"Ammu! What did we just discuss at the Dhaba? If you keep crying every time you see my wound, I better ask Ramesh to do the bandage change. I don't want to see you like this."

"No... No. I will do it. I am sorry. I just can't help think that all this happened because of my rash behaviour, that's all. I put yours and everyone's life in danger that day." Amrita choked.

"No...listen to me once and for all, and get this into that beautiful but somehow muddled mind of yours. This happened, because of the cunning double crossing of a bastard called Kamal Chaudhary, and for no other reason. First it was Vidya and now it is me. Are you planning to spend the rest of your life feeling guilty?" Ajay asked impatiently.

"Ajay is correct Ammu. You definitely did behave rashly that day, but the gunshot wound is no fault of yours. Do you remember? It took her 3 days for you to recover, when you collapsed the day Ajay got shot. You don't want that to happen again now, do you? You have to be brave, at least for Ajay's sake." Mukesh implored.

"What are you saying? She was so sick, and nobody bothered to tell me about it?" Ajay got up furiously.

Mukesh cursed himself for his slip of the tongue. He forgot that they have decided not to tell Ajay about Amrita's condition.

Amrita hurried to diffuse the situation. She stood in front of Ajay and cradled his face with her hands.

"Ajay, please listen to me. They were worried sick about you being injured yourself. How could they tell you all this, and make you worry more? Besides, they told me that, they didn't even get permission to see you for a day or two... I was absolutely fine. I just had a shock, as I didn't know that Kamal had actually shot at your arm. Once Anita came and helped me, and once I knew you were perfectly safe, I was back to normal in no time. Please trust me." She pleaded in her most soft and loving voice.

Ajay cooled down and he was ashamed for losing his temper like that. But before he could apologise,

Amrita added in a stern voice "And don't you dare raise your voice against Mukesh or Shyam like that again."

Mukesh whistled.

"Look who is calling who hot tempered?" he snidely retorted.

"You are mocking me? I am the one who is trying to defend you here." Amrita smacked on Mukesh's arm.

"Yaar teri biwi bahuth maarti hai!! (Your wife hits a lot!!)

If you want to back off from this relationship even now, I will support you." Mukesh said in a rush, and ran for his life, as Amrita chased him with a cricket bat that Mukesh brought along.

Just then, Shyam joined them carrying large bags of purchases.

Mukesh hid behind him for support, and without knowing the reason, Shyam stretched his arms and shielded Mukesh from the wrath of Amrita.

"STOP STOP STOP!!! Ammu... this is not good. If one of us gets hurt here, we can't even yell for help. Please control your temper, and have mercy on us!!"

"You too? Why do you automatically jump to the conclusion that, I am the one who lost the temper here?" She said, still trying to grab Mukesh hidden behind.

"Oops Sorry! Excuse me for jumping to the conclusion, just because you are the one chasing Mukesh here with a cricket bat." Shyam replied sarcastically.

Ajay grabbed the cricket bat off Amrita, threw it away, and wrapped her arms around her with a huge smile.

"Ajay, you can easily save yourself from Vikram or Kamal, but not from this monster Biwi of yours." Shyam declared.

"What is this "Biwi" mantra both of you are chanting? We are not married yet. What have you been telling them?" She now turned on Ajay.

"We got that image of you, because you keep on bickering like old married couple. Now stop doing that, and help Mukesh get the rest of the stuff from outside. Syed had already taken the truck back."

Shyam tried to divert the attention back to the more urgent things on hand.

Amrita looked daggers at him, but still went along with Mukesh to fetch the rest of the purchase bags from outside.

The moment they were out, he whispered to Ajay "Where do you want me to keep this?" Shyam showed the package he purchased for Ajay.

"Oh!! You got it? Thanks yaar! Hide it under the bed or something. Quickly!! Before they come back." Ajay urged.

Shyam went to the bedrooms and asked innocently.

"Which one is your bedroom?"

"I don't know yaar. We just arrived here short time ago. We haven't decided anything yet." Ajay replied truthfully.

"Anyway what am I asking? You two will be sharing the same room anyway." Shyam grinned wickedly.

"Shut up Shyam" Ajay hissed.

"Shut up yourself you ungrateful bastard. If I hadn't spilled the beans and reconciled you two, you would still be in that DEVDAS mode."

Ajay started to retort angrily but stopped, as Mukesh and Amrita walked in, and Shyam hurried off to one of the bedrooms carrying the bags.

Ajay put on his shirt again and walked outside towards the front gate, where Ramesh and his colleague were sitting.

He introduced himself and shook hands with Kumar, Ramesh's Surveillance partner.

He enquired about their sleeping arrangement, and was glad to find that there was a small outhouse type of accommodation near the gate, where adequate arrangements were made for them. Kumar lived in the town 5 km away, and had good knowledge of the local area.

Ajay invited both of them to come and stay inside the farm house, with the rest of his friends as often as possible, and share all their meals.

He finally went back inside to join his friends, and crashed out on a comfortable bed, after the long and quite eventful day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally after being on run, chased and being threatened, Ajay and his friends reach a safe house for a bit of a breather.

The one element that I wanted to highlight all through the book, or at least I hope I have managed to highlight is the trust and camaraderie between these friends including Ajay and Amrita. Their relationship is built around their friendship.

Will everything be smooth and trouble free here for them or is there any trouble lurking, we will find out later. For now they deserve this break. What do you say??

Please don't forget to vote once you have read and do spread the word around if you like the book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 22.7K 83
Claimed #1 ranking and also #1 in hotlist many times. MY HEART BEATS ONLY FOR YOU MY HEART SAYS TO LOVE YOU BUT MY MIND SAYS...
2.1K 366 34
In the bustling city of Mumbai, a series of chilling murders have left the citizens in a state of fear. The crime branch, desperate to catch the cunn...
3.7K 182 23
I love you. You love me. I hate you, you love me. I love you till the end of the universe, Your love does not end at the end of the universe. we figh...
244K 11.1K 53
It is said "The Karma never looses an address!" Same happened with our main protagonist Abhimanyu Roy Kapoor, the young 26 years old dashing politic...