The Callahan Dynasty

By MissWorld2o15

"When you're a Callahan, love is the rarest form of pleasure you can ever be fortunate enough to experience."... More

Introduction
My One and Only
Trust
Jason Callahan is at my boyfriends doorstep
Talk to me
Knowing your place
Safety
What it Takes
For Him
The Arrangement
Paparazzi
The Plan
Dos and Don'ts of first dates
How to fake date
The Phoenix Hotel
Shocking News
Knowing Where your Loyalties Lie
The deal
Interruptions
The Party
The Meeting
Confessions
What to do next
Polo
Polo II
Her Decision
The Friends
Meeting Diane Coleson
Something Broke
Unsafe
Therapy
The Glam Team
The Car Ride
The Apartment
Rise and Shine
Sick and Tired
The Puppet
No Callahan Zone
Bars
Blame it on the alcohol
Facing Up
The Good Old Days
Punishments
Revenge plots
Thoughts
Intruders
The Breakup
Not so accidental
Interrogations
Interrogations II
The Dream
Cut Off
Rule Breakers
The Sous
The Double Agent
Road Blocks
Brunch
Flowers
Pillow Talk
Training
Pretty Threats
Change of Plans
Seattle
Late Night Calls
Nosy Neighbours
The Lake House
Runaway
Escape Plan
Final Tests
Emergency Meetings
The First Fight
Closure
More Truths
Safe House
Reunite
Break Away
The Last Confrontation
The Last Chapter
Epilogue

Important Meetings

147 12 3
By MissWorld2o15

The next few days were a drag.

And the first seemed to go slower than the next.

I didn't exactly see Jason much. We would have breakfast together in the morning and lunch whenever I made it back in time. I was usually too tired to have dinner. However Jason would always be by my side feeding me whatever he was eating.

We talked a lot about nothing and everything at the same time in our dull moments.
We would never have the chance to talk like this back in New York.

He told me stories about his childhood. They were interesting tales but they mostly included Alex, Bella and Anthony. I could tell talking about them dampened his mood.

I found out all these little tit bits about him like his favourite colour and why he had a permanent gap where his premolar was supposed to be due to an incident he had with Isabella, involving him calling her fat.

He kissed me whenever and wherever. We cooked together... well I cooked and he tried to keep up.

It felt like we were a married couple living an ordinary life.

People back in New York, his friends and family constantly called but after a few calls he decided not to answer any more and that went for me too.

Carly, Betsy and Gio were right. I had made quite the impact in the fashion world.

Different designers called or emailed me asking me to feature in their shows and some reporters even offered incredible amounts of money for an interview about my life and my relationship with Jason and the Callahan family. I ignored them all.

It wasn't about the people out there. It was about me and Jason right now.

About how when he touched and held me, he meant it. About how he was never too careful. When his lips met mine, he kissed me so that I would remember.

When he touched me, he wanted me to feel every bit of his skin against mine.

It was about how I was letting our relationship progress hypocritically. I was letting it progress simply because it made me feel good.

Because once again I wasn't alone and I had found someone who I could wake up next to. Someone real.

But it wasn't real, was it?

Not while there were still all these lies hanging around.

No one would ever understand what it was like every time I tried to open my mouth and tell him the truth.
The words would try to come out. But something would stop them. The part of me that just didn't want to be alone again.

But I had to do it and I was going to.

I just had to stop procrastinating.

It was my last official day of business in Seattle. I was free most of the day. So I spent it with Jason. We binge watched 'From Dusk till Dawn' and turns out, Jason is crazy for creepy shows about weird snake vampires. Go figure.

Gary had set up this 'super important' meeting for 5.pm on the dot.

Jason of course didn't want me to go and tried to persuade me with a lot of kisses to just blow it off and  stay in and watch the rest of the show with him.

It was tempting but I knew Gary would probably come over here and tried to hunt me down if I didn't show soon.
And I'd rather not have Gary show up and find a shirtless Jason and me wearing nothing but his t-shirt and socks.

I went to the bedroom to change onto something more appropriate.

I stripped into my underwear completely forgetting that the door wasn't locked or closed for that matter.

Jason stood at the door, folding his arms across his chest and staring at my body in appreciation.

I blushed and quickly grabbed a robe from the bed and wrapped it around myself.

Jason came up in front of me, still staring at me with want. He untied the robe strings and put his arms around my bare waist and pulled me closer.

"You're beautiful." He whispered. His face was so close to my face, I caught my breath self consciously. His hands lingered on my skin as if he was trying to leave his mark there. Or waiting for me to make the next move.

But what could I do?

Only one guy had ever seen me naked. Completely naked. And it was Dixon. A guy I didn't talk to anymore.

It's funny how that worked. He was the first guy, I had felt close enough to let touch and expose me.
But it wasn't like this with Dixon.
With Dixon, things weren't complicated.
Doing what we did didn't take much thought. He was my boyfriend and I was his girlfriend and we were in that stupid little teenage trance called love.

It was even more different with Alex. I know comparing him wasn't fair but it was true.
Alex's touch was almost always light and teasing. He always smiled when he looked at me, in admiration? Disbelief?

I could never tell. But I always felt comfortable and safe. Knowing he wouldn't do anything I didn't want him to do. He was extra careful and considerate and that's what my body liked. To be treated well. To let people know that it had been hurt and broken and bruised before and it just needed gentle hands.

But that wasn't Jason. 

And it could never be him until I was able to show my true and full self to him and I couldn't do that with all the secrets I was keeping.

Jason was experienced. He knew where to go. Where to put his lips and his hands. He was definitely an expert and had no doubt done it so many times that it came naturally to him. Automatic.

That's part of the reason I couldn't let it go any further.

I pulled away from him.
"I should get dressed." I told him.

He was obviously disappointed especially as I pushed his hands away from my waist.
I picked a dress from the hanger and disappeared to get ready in the bathroom.

It took some time for me to build up the courage to go back out there.

I was extremely embarrassed at how I had reacted. I felt like an inexperienced, mediocre child who didn't know anything.

And I was afraid that Jason would see it too.

When I finally coaxed myself out of the room. Jason had a sweat shirt thrown over his previously shirtless body.

He smiled reassuringly at me as if telling me it was okay.

"So, um... I don't think this will take too long. So I should be back before dinner time. We could order in if you like." I offered.

I had learnt that Jason also had little to no experience with take out foods.

He nodded. "Yeah, sounds great."

He walked towards me and planted a kiss on my lips before squeezing my hand.

"Go break a leg, boss lady."

I rolled my eyes and laughed before turning to leave the room.

"Oh and don't you dare continue watching From Dusk till Dawn without me."

"Wouldn't dream of it!" He called back.

I laughed as I walked out the front door.

I checked my phone. I had about five minutes to get to the conference room to meet Gary and our 'super important' guests.

I walked a little faster, not wanting to be late. Gary had emphasized punctuality.

I got to the conference room right on time. The secretary in charge of monitoring who went in and came out told me everyone was already in and just waiting for me.

I thanked her and hurried over to the entrance, hoping they hadn't been waiting too long.

"Kate Lancaster. Glad you could join us."

I was hardly in the room when the familiar voice greeted me.

No! Not him.

That voice didn't belong here.

Dean Archibald sat on top of the main arched table, smirking at me.
He wasn't alone. Not even close.

I saw four other suited men who I didn't recognize and three I definitely did.

The younger one scrambled to his feet. "Kate." He breathed out, sounding completely and utterly relieved.

My eyes darted from Dixon to his father, my 'Uncle Gavin'. Then back to Dean.

I stumbled back and felt my back hit someone's chest.

I turned and saw Gary looking down at me. He raised his hands as if trying to control an escaped animal.

"Let me explain." He started slowly.

I shook my head frantically.

No. I thought the word but it didn't escape my lips.

"Kate, if you'll please take a seat." Dean spoke calmly.

No! Why wasn't the word  coming out. Why was I just shaking my head like a lunatic.

"Kate, listen to me." My 'Uncle Gavin' started as he stood up to address me.

No!

"Can't you see she's in shock?" Dixon yelled out to his father.

He moved around the table towards me. "Hey, K. Are you alright?" He asked stretching his arms out for me.

"Stay away from me." I spoke in a scratchy voice.

Dixon frowned. "Come on, K, it's me." He took another step forward.

"Stay away from me!" I snapped.

I felt myself breathing heavily as I tried to process what was happening. This had to be a nightmare. It just had to be.

Someone needed to wake me up right now.

"Whoa..." Dean got up. He was also addressing me as if I was an animal in the wrong habitat. 

"Kate. It's okay. Everything's okay now. We're all your friends and we're all on your side."
Hallucinations. That's what was happening.

Dean wasn't here. Dean didn't know Uncle Gavin or Dixon or Gary. Dean was back in New York at his new restaurant.

He wasn't here. He wasn't in this place that belonged to my family. It wasn't possible.
I found my way going back to the door. Clawing at the handle.

"Let me out!" I yelled when I realized it was locked. I didn't want to be trapped in this small place with these secretive and deceitful people. Nothing good could come out of it.

"Kate, you're having a panic attack. Let me help you." Dixon tried to reason desperately.

I shook my head frantically, my eyes still darting around the room in disbelief.

Dean's face came into view and I could see him nodding at a guard.

"Let her out." He told him.

"Are you crazy?" Uncle Gavin yelled. "Kate, kiddo, listen to me. You're safe now. I'm here now to keep you safe. You don't have to pretend anymore."

No!
I wasn't safe. He was a liar. His lies were part of the reason my family was dead.

"Let me out!" I screamed. "Now!"

Dean nodded to the security guard. He didn't seem as phased by my reaction as the others.
I darted out of the room the minute the guard opened it.

I heard Dean yell;  "Don't do it, just give her some room."

I felt someone grab my arm and spin me around.

His face displayed a mixture of confusion and anger.

"Kate. Talk to me. It's me." He spoke in exasperation.

"You're part of all this?" I asked in anger.

Dixon nodded slowly confused at my outrage.

"You mean the group of people trying to rescue you from the Callahans? Hell yeah, I am."

I pulled out of his hold. "You have no idea what this really is, Dean and your father are after the Callahans. They're not who you think they are. They're liars and-"

"I know exactly what they're doing and I would be glad to be a part of it any day. The Callahans need to be punished for everything they did. They killed your parents."

The words bit at me as all of it became a reality.

Dixon my childhood best friend turned boyfriend was a part of this world.
This dangerous, treacherous world.

"I know how scared you must have been, stuck with them. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from those monsters but everything will be okay now, Kate. I'm here to keep you safe. We all are."

I looked back down the path that led to the guest house.

Dixon immediately noticed. "I know you lured Jason Callahan here. I'll take care of him right now if that's what you want." He promised.

"Dixon." I breathed out. This is the kid who used to race toy cars with me and sneak some cookies in before dinner time. He is the boy I fake married in my backyard when we were ten.

"You're not touching Jason." I told him sternly.

A look of utter confusion came onto his face.

"Kate, you can finally get your revenge."

"No one is hurting Jason." I repeated.

He looked at me with disgust. "What did that jerk do to you? What did he tell you?" He asked. 

Dixon has always been an easily angered and impulsive person. He clenched his fists. "He made you sleep with him didn't he?"

"It's not like that-"

"He's a monster, Kate!"

"No!" I snapped. "You are! You all are. Jason would never hurt me."

"Is that what you think?" Dixon asked angrily. "He kills people, Kate. His family killed your parents and if they wanted, they would kill you. Come with me. I'll keep you safe."

He offered his hand to me but I shoved him as hard as I could.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

Dixon scowled. I could tell he was beyond mad now.

Before he could say or do anything else. Dean appeared with the security guard behind him.
He nodded at him and the guard immediately held Dixon's arms behind his back.

"Go." Dean told me.

I don't know why he was letting me go but I didn't question it.

I spun around and headed back to the guest house.

The minute I burst through the door, I found Jason coming back in the room from the kitchen, holding a bag of chips.

"I swear, I didn't watch it without you." he immediately announced.

He frowned when he saw my expression. "What's wrong? Why are you back so soon?"

I thought back to Dean. Why did he let me go? Did he want me to tell Jason?

But why? Had he set a trap?

Was he going to attack Jason right here, right now?

What was his play?

"Lets get out of here." I spoke suddenly.

Jason rose his brows. "What? What about your meeting?"

"Forget that." I spoke. I looked back worried someone might come in after me any minute. "Lets be spontaneous and get out of here. I know you've been dying to get out of the house."

"Yeah but... why the change of heart all of a sudden? Where will we even go? And-"

I marched towards him and shut him up by smashing my lips onto his. He didn't waste time in kissing me back.

I knew that he was ready to keep going but we didn't have time for that.
"Grab your stuff. I know the perfect place."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 4 29
Dani is part of a very powerful family and when her heart gets broken she takes matters into her own hands. Along the way she meets Walker and Matte...
15.2K 362 43
"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confuse you. Blind you..." Not a traditional m...
35 0 31
LITTLE TRICK... ENORMOUS HARM! Life makes Heroes and villains of us. Everyday! It makes us moves our roles between being Farias and Demons in someone...
14.7M 413K 100
What does it mean to be a family? More so, what lengths do we go to for family? Sienna D'Angelo was a regular girl with an unusual upbringing. She al...